Re: Ron Sayer Jr.

That night in the Watermark Cafe was great. You guys don't know the trouble Ron and the band went through to get there. After a mammoth trek, setting up in record time and virtually no soundcheck they played two fabulous sets. True performers getting their music out to the people and enjoying every minute I would say.
Thanks Eldo for starting this thread. I've been a bit lazy lately and am browsing in the forum whilst stuck out in China working again.
I can't wait to hear the new album, Ron and look forward to seeing you again very soon.

T smile

Tripsy wrote:

That night in the Watermark Cafe was great. You guys don't know the trouble Ron and the band went through to get there. After a mammoth trek, setting up in record time and virtually no soundcheck they played two fabulous sets. True performers getting their music out to the people and enjoying every minute I would say.
Thanks Eldo for starting this thread. I've been a bit lazy lately and am browsing in the forum whilst stuck out in China working again.
I can't wait to hear the new album, Ron and look forward to seeing you again very soon.

T smile

Yep - Ron is a great addition to the circuit and its a pleasure to help spread the word.......

Hi Tripsy
Yeah, the Scarborough gig journey was a little 'frenetic' in the execution. The trailer broke, which meant we had to beg, steal and borrow gear (thanks to Mark Horsley) and stuff whatever we could in the back of my car, leaving the trailer and gear at the mercy of the elements for several days in Lincoln :-/.....but with stiff upper lips we completed our (7 hour in total) journey to Scarborough and had a really great gig, plus I had a chance to sample Panama's lovely Gibson 339 on a few tunes mmmmm :-)

Thanks to Tripsy and Eldo, it is support like this that keeps all of us musicians going :-D

Just wanted to share the sampler from the new album Better Side released on Monday. The 6 tracks from the EP plus 6 more. Remixed and remastered.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmKog37qadU

Hope you enjoy it!

sounding really great there Ron, thanks for posting it. I don't have it yet but it's on the top of my list to obtain in short order. Who is the lady singing on the one song? Based on my limited understanding of what constitutes good blues/blues rock/blues soul whatever you want to call it, this should sell like hotcakes.

Tres

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

That's no lady! That's my wife :-) he he! Charlotte is an awesome vocalist in her own right and does bv's all over the rest of the album. Glad you're digging the sampler :-)

Yeah - Mrs Sayer sounding mighty fine on the album - hope to make it to the Bullingdon gig in Oxford on 12th March, supporting Virgil & The Accelerators - should be a killer gig!!!!

http://www.famousmondayblues.co.uk/

Great if you can make it Eldo! :-) Mrs Sayer is planning on attending and she will no doubt sing on a number or two if she does. We recorded the Etta James track My Mother In Law before Etta passed away, Etta was one of Charlotte's favourite singers so although it was a tribute to her it wasn't meant to be a tribute to her memory :-(

Charlotte has her own website www.charlottejoyce.co.uk by the way, with links to her voice on youtube and she has just finished an album of her favourite covers.

www.ronsayer.co.uk

Don't miss Virgil & The Accelerators with my band supporting at the Bullingdon Arms this Monday if you're in the vicinity of Oxford :-)

http://www.ents24.com/web/event/Oxford- … 74002.html

I'm very much looking forward to playing :-D

Ron

Great gig at the Bullingdon for us Ron Sayer virgins - Ron was airing tracks from the excellent Better Side album, which has received rave reviews - great to see Ron joining Virgil on stage for the customary jam......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lA5ILXavy4

For anyone in the London area, Ron is supporting Chantel McGregor next thursday and friday 19th/20th April at the Beaverwood and Boom Boom Clubs - should be great shows......... www.feenstra.co.uk for details

All these positive comments - hope we get chance to see you in the N.East before too long....

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

Great gig at the Beaverwood - here's Pete the Cabby's great vid of Ron doing Baby Blue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU_aA-uiPsE

Thanks for posting that Simon :-) pretty proud of the guitar faces on that one hehe!

Banshee: I'm trying to get some gigs further up the country, recommend me to some venues and maybe they'll let me in lol.

Ron

Ron Sayer Jr wrote:

Banshee: I'm trying to get some gigs further up the country, recommend me to some venues and maybe they'll let me in lol.

Ron

How big a list do you want? You'll already have contact at Darlington and Sedgefield RnB clubs from touring with Oli last year. I can bend some ears at Guisborough, Ripley, Redcar & Saltburn. Know of some decent pub/hotel venues at Eaglescliffe (www.bluesatthebay.co.uk) and Reeth (www.buckhotel.com).

That's off the top of my head, I can get a good list together and email you. Any sort of places you want to avoid, like ones where the sawdust on the floor was last night furniture....

Mike

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

Hey BansheeUK

Apologies for the slow response :-\ Thanks for those suggestions, have already contacted Sedgefield and am trying to set something up. Would be great if you can bend anyone's ears :-D

You can email me at info at ronsayer.co.uk if you have a chance to get a bigger list together.

Big thanks

Ron

Ron Sayer Jr wrote:

Hey BansheeUK

Apologies for the slow response :-\ Thanks for those suggestions, have already contacted Sedgefield and am trying to set something up. Would be great if you can bend anyone's ears :-D

You can email me at info at ronsayer.co.uk if you have a chance to get a bigger list together.

Big thanks

Ron

Here's hoping that you get to Sedgefield Ron. I've e-mailed them and told em to get you booked. Here's hoping!!

Thanks for that Dave :-) appreciate it! Will follow that up asap.

Ron