Re: Ron Sayer Jr.

Ron and his band were absolutely great last week in Norwich, so if you see that he's playing anywhere near you, make sure that you go! Martin's right, he is a "darn nice guy" too.

Chantel McGregor wrote:

Ron and his band were absolutely great last week in Norwich, so if you see that he's playing anywhere near you, make sure that you go! Martin's right, he is a "darn nice guy" too.

Bunnytastic!!! - looking forward to the Beaverwood extravaganza!!!

eldo56 wrote:
Chantel McGregor wrote:

...lol! ..we will have to start a Chantelglossary now! wink

Everyone is born a genius, but the process of living de-geniuses them.
R. Buckminster Fuller

22 (edited by eldo56 2012-02-10 07:22:10)

Pete The Cabby wrote:
eldo56 wrote:
Chantel McGregor wrote:

...lol! ..we will have to start a Chantelglossary now! wink

Spangly idea Pete!!!!

I wonder whether Chantel could add Hot for Teacher to her set??? I have a vision......I'm sure she could.......

Pete The Cabby wrote:
eldo56 wrote:

Pleased to see Ron is supporting Chantel at the Beaverwood Club in April, my local haunt

Here's a nice vid of Ron doing The Sky is Cryin' for you jammers - makes you wanna give up when you see a guy play like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCq4vrNgIBc

...some double trouble to come! ...woo hoo! ...look forward to it! smile

and me

Maggie smile

maggie wrote:
Pete The Cabby wrote:
eldo56 wrote:

Pleased to see Ron is supporting Chantel at the Beaverwood Club in April, my local haunt

Here's a nice vid of Ron doing The Sky is Cryin' for you jammers - makes you wanna give up when you see a guy play like this

and me

Maggie smile

we'll leave it to you to book the tables Mags!!!! :-)

25 (edited by Kenny 2012-02-10 14:09:43)

maggie wrote:
Pete The Cabby wrote:
eldo56 wrote:

and me

Maggie smile

Maggie - I would love to be there and would have made the effort but San Francisco beckons..............................

Kenny

Great to hear that some of you guys are coming along to these gigs :-)

Thanks Chantel, that's very kind! Your band rocked, and sincere thanks for being so gracious about gear sharing/moving etc :-) both times we've supported you've always been really kind to us :-D The people I've spoke to since the Waterfront gig were blown away by you and they're all hoping you come back soon.

Ron

Just in case any of you are in the Oxford area I've just had confirmation of a gig at the Famous Monday Blues in Oxford. Virgil & The Accelerators are kindly squeezing us in as the support slot :-)

I've really enjoyed the support given to this artist and wish him all the best.  Would love to catch his gig with Virgil and bandmates.  VATA's new album has gotten a lot of play sitnce Xmas and the only word to describe them is awesome.

Ron Sayer Jr wrote:

Just in case any of you are in the Oxford area I've just had confirmation of a gig at the Famous Monday Blues in Oxford. Virgil & The Accelerators are kindly squeezing us in as the support slot :-)

Over to you Davidcurryman.................................

Kenny wrote:
Ron Sayer Jr wrote:

hahaha - I'm always teasing Dave about that - its right on his doorstep and he's never been there!!!!!

Well, the Ron Sayer album Better Side arrived today and it really is superb - 10 self penned tunes and a couple of covers - the band are so tight and the production crisp and clear, it really is a treat - for me, one of the best debuts in recent years - available from WWW.RONSAYER.CO.UK

Thanks again to Tripsy for bringing Ron to our attention.......hope this album is the first of many....

Love this - trading licks with Popa Chubby during the soundcheck at Charlotte Street Blues a couple a years back.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2FidaIg97s

eldo56 wrote:

Love this - trading licks with Popa Chubby during the soundcheck at Charlotte Street Blues a couple a years back.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2FidaIg97s

great stuff eldo, many thanks. simply shredalicious, love the dueling tapping parts by both.

Tres

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

Yeah that jam was an awesome treat for me. Ted is a great, warm and friendly guy. I had my pedal board stolen on that tour (the day before that gig actually) and Ted promptly lent me all his pedals (vintage tubescreamers no less :-) to do the gigs. I caught up with him in New York last year while on tour and we sat in with him then too. Go see Popa if you get the chance, an amazing guitarist with huge, huge tone :-D

Ron Sayer Jr wrote:

Yeah that jam was an awesome treat for me. Ted is a great, warm and friendly guy. I had my pedal board stolen on that tour (the day before that gig actually) and Ted promptly lent me all his pedals (vintage tubescreamers no less :-) to do the gigs. I caught up with him in New York last year while on tour and we sat in with him then too. Go see Popa if you get the chance, an amazing guitarist with huge, huge tone :-D

thanks Ron for posting some kind words for the Popa. I know he's basically a good guy, but he got a bad rap here going back a few years ago for some things he may or may not have said about Joe or Joe's success at that time. I love his playing and you two seem to just fit nicely together, especially in that little warmup segment. I would love to see him but so far he's come nowhere close to this part of the south that I know of.  It's nice to hear this coming from another musician that has actually been around him.

Tres

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

eldo56 wrote:
Kenny wrote:

hahaha - I'm always teasing Dave about that - its right on his doorstep and he's never been there!!!!!

LOL - I've only just seen this Eldo tongue   I may surprise you, you never know, always up for a bit of VATA and Ron is sounding good from the vids I've seen.