Topic: New album - post on Rick Melick's Myspace

Sounds like the new album is being recorded as we speak (or at least as I type).  Good news that Doug Henthorne is back as I love his contribution on T41.

"Sunday, April 08, 2007
Sydney - L.A.

Why do they have an engineer on an 'plane if they can't even work the video? Maybe they need a 14 year old consultant. For the second time in 4 long haul Qantas flights the vid has refused to work. However it's not all bad news because a whole gaggle of kids departing for other seats left a row of 3 seats clear for yours truly to populate. I spread out, I read, I slept and I ate, and for once I had enough room to do it all three in different seats.....
Anyhow, now safely in L.A and really looking forward to some recording. Monday morning I am doing some organ donation work for Supagroup, a fab band from New Orleans who really kick some arse, and from Tuesday the next round of Joe Bonamassa sessions start with Anton Figg, Carmine Rojas and Doug Henthorne hitting town to make some music..... a bit jet lagged, so I shall post again as soon as we get going."

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea … 51ff1acbML

Re: New album - post on Rick Melick's Myspace

Antone Fig. He might have a Letterman connection you think.

Jim, I knew that name was familiar AND don't underestimate the power of Paul Shaffer(sp)!

jim m wrote:

Good catch, Jim.  Joe on Letterman would be awesome!

Why aren't Mark and Bogie on the album?

Blues ain't nothin' but a good woman gone bad.

Jane H. wrote:

Hmm its interesting. I look forward to it but I wonder if the bringing back of Henthorn means another Zeppelin cover. I like the guy and all but I LOVE Joe's voice. I get the thing of how if Joe isn't singing he can be shredding more too so maybe thats it.
hmmmm

I would tend to prefer joes voice too.  for a studio production it leaves room for shedding if he overdubs his voice....

I woke up this mornin', cant find my shoes.

samfrei wrote:
Jane H. wrote:

Hmm its interesting. I look forward to it but I wonder if the bringing back of Henthorn means another Zeppelin cover. I like the guy and all but I LOVE Joe's voice. I get the thing of how if Joe isn't singing he can be shredding more too so maybe thats it.
hmmmm

I would tend to prefer joes voice too.  for a studio production it leaves room for shedding if he overdubs his voice....

Just to clarify, I'm not saying I don't like Joe's voice, because I love it.  I just thought that Henthorne's voice was perfect for T41 and that he is a special guest vocalist.  Sort of like a poor man's Paul Rodgers.  IMO DH has what it takes to be a big time front man, that's all.  Sorry if I was unclear in my earlier post.

Anton Fig...sweet!

WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE~~~JIMI HENDRIX

jim m wrote:

Indeedy Brother James, and I noticed his conspicuous absence on the drums on last nights LATE SHOW with David Letterman......as Jane sez, hmmmmmmmmm....
Rock On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

I too love Joe's voice and Henthorne's. Thought he was an excellent choice on Tea for One, and would love to hear him on another Joe album. I found myself checking out the Healing Sixes site too. I have faith that Joe will not disappoint with any artists he chooses to add to his work.

Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous mind.

Samual Johnson

I think some thing along the lines of Walter Trout's "Full Circle" would be a blast. Joe picking guest musicians. Sweet!!!

Got to be just a matter of time now once Anton gets back to the Letterman show that Joe should get a shot on Late Night. Maybe during the break in June/July???? I think DH has a great voice too, but every song he does with Joe is in all likelihood a song we'll never hear live.

Think Late Night,

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

13 (edited by Becky 2007-04-13 07:23:19)

Hey Bonametal, I see I'm finally Bronze, heh heh!  Your "Bonamassa driven" comment makes sense to me.  I was thinking myself about how much stuff is his idea or what, but I guess it doesn't really matter if the end result is good.  Every one of his albums is different and I love them all, though a few took longer to grow on me.  And yes, I think he could kick a** on any Zeppelin song, and that comment is not made lightly, as Zep has to be my all-time favorite band.  But, I also love that he chooses more obscure artists and songs for covers, cuz it's a better learning experience for me.   

Man, I gotta go, before I become a Silver member or whatever.....Goodnight!

Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous mind.

Samual Johnson

It's thur. night and Anton is back with the Late Night band. hopefully a buzz has been started about Joe. It's also Dave's 60th B-day.

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint