Re: I'M BACCCCKK!! Thank you Classic Rock Magazine!!

I wish I could say the same. I went in and asked again today since it wasn't out. "Oh, it is in back, we'll get them out when there is time, maybe in the next few days. No, we don't reserve copies for anyone." sad

RickB,  I called around to B & N's in my area to find one that had a copy.  I purchased it over the phone and they sent it to me via UPS.

I did have 2 trips to the closest one, which was getting only one copy.  I didn't want to take any chances and wait.

My 'home' B&N store didn't order any, and they still have about 8 of the January editions up. The other one in my city had about 8 of Joe's prominently displayed. They reserved it for me no problem this morning over the phone. Great cover, will look even better signed

My name is Red. I like the Blues.

2009 Squier J-Bass, 2010 Fender CD-60, 2010 Ibanez Artcore AS-73, 2011 Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar SS Bass, 2011 Dillion Phoenix
Turn the volume to 11!

Picked. It up today.Barnes and Noble Schaumburg. Illinois !!!!!!!!

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

Speaking of turning on to classic rock (blues)...  Seems I need to say a HUGE congratulations to you Joe!

Moving On, Baby, Never Seem To Slow Down!

Moving ON From Town to Town & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

...under 3 weeks from today you'll have to fasten your safety belts, he'll be takin' off again!

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

95 (edited by dknight16 2012-02-03 19:05:22)

West Bloomfield, MI B&N put theirs out today.  4 on the shelf when I arrived, 3 after I left.  It was a good day.

Oh, one more thing.  The large format cover photo is awesome.  I think even Joe himself would say it turned out well.

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

Sorry.. but every time I read the title of this thread I think of the Tag line for a certain pill that starts with a V.

smile

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

#1kyfan wrote:
RickB wrote:
#1kyfan wrote:

I just picked up my copy at Barnes and Noble on my lunch hour.  Didn’t open it yet since I had to get back to work sad I want to enjoy it without any interruptions smile

Now the funny part!  Back in the summer when Joe was on the cover of Guitarist Magazine I went into to Barnes & Noble to pick up a copy it wasn’t in. The B & N employee in periodicals told me magazines arrive on Thursday check back.  Well next 2 Thursdays I went back and he recognized me and asked what magazine I was trying to find. He said the magazines UK usually take 4-6 weeks longer to arrive in the US. He took my name and number and said he would call me when it came in.  A few weeks later I had a message the magazine was in and at the register with my name on it.  He didn’t know who Joe was so when I picked up the Guitarist Magazine I took him a free down loan post card when I gave it to the gal at the register she thought it was nice of me to do (I gave her 1 too!) and she gave me 15% off on the magazine!  Today when I walked into the magazine section the same guy was there, when he saw me he said “I know exactly what you’re looking for!” I didn’t even have to tell him, he said he didn’t have them out yet and he went over to the cart with all the new magazines and pulled it right out! Needless to say, the folks at my Barnes and Noble are the best cool

I wish I could say the same. I went in and asked again today since it wasn't out. "Oh, it is in back, we'll get them out when there is time, maybe in the next few days. No, we don't reserve copies for anyone." sad

That's a bummer, I hope you've gotten it by now? B & N Corporate should be reading this thread for their customer service inconsistency yikes

So much information in this article, really enjoyed reading it. The cd is going to be a great way to share Joe to a newbie smile

It got worse. I went in yesterday, saw the periodical guy stocking the shelves and asked if he had it in. "I'm busy right now, check in an hour." then turned his back on me as I tried to find out if it was in at least. A quick trip to the front and a talk with the manager got some attention after I told her of the way I was treated as a customer. She will call me when she finds them. Hopefully those bozos are now looking for a job. I am a retailer and service business owner and told her she would soon be out of business with staff like that

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

What a coincidence. I'm in northern Cal and I went in yesterday to look for it. I asked an employee stocking magazines. She said she hadn't seen it and she also told me to "check back in an hour." Since I had already called a couple other locations (that told me January was their latest issue) I figured it hasn't made it to the west coast. Not impressed with their service though.

Now a Beth-O-Bona-Holic

I just downloaded my copy to my I-pad after seeing someone earlier mention that there was an app for it. $5.00 and 2 minutes later, I have my copy in all it's full color glory! I figure it would have cost at least that much just in fuel running around trying to find it and I didn't have to put up with any surly sales clerks like Rick did. Granted, I didn't get the free cd, but I already own all of Joe's music ( as well as a bootleg from Huntington, N.Y., 2005) and I figure I'll get Joe to sign the back of my I-pad when I see him in April in Reno. All in all, a good way to go in my opinion.

Why don't we eliminate all the warning labels and let things sort themselves out?

guido wrote:

I just downloaded my copy to my I-pad after seeing someone earlier mention that there was an app for it. $5.00 and 2 minutes later, I have my copy in all it's full color glory! I figure it would have cost at least that much just in fuel running around trying to find it and I didn't have to put up with any surly sales clerks like Rick did. Granted, I didn't get the free cd, but I already own all of Joe's music ( as well as a bootleg from Huntington, N.Y., 2005) and I figure I'll get Joe to sign the back of my I-pad when I see him in April in Reno. All in all, a good way to go in my opinion.

That's cool about the download,but I will say I really like having this issue in print.The cover photo is great.It looks good sitting out as something for a guest to browse(subversive street teaming).The cd can be givin to somone as a Joe intro.So I say pick up the hard copy.I enjoyed reading the whole issue.Looks like there may be some good releases by the big ol boys this year.Hope they are good!

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

Makes a change for us in the UK to have something early for once. If you are after the cd ebay is full of them. I also think a great way to aid the street team. Give some away to new people only just hearing of Joe. Must be worth it in the long run.

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

102 (edited by can1208 2012-02-06 14:47:10)

RickB wrote:

It got worse. I went in yesterday, saw the periodical guy stocking the shelves and asked if he had it in. "I'm busy right now, check in an hour." then turned his back on me as I tried to find out if it was in at least. A quick trip to the front and a talk with the manager got some attention after I told her of the way I was treated as a customer. She will call me when she finds them. Hopefully those bozos are now looking for a job. I am a retailer and service business owner and told her she would soon be out of business with staff like that

Hey Rick...the way they're treating you, the name would turn to B&N meaning Bums and Numbnuts.... big_smile big_smile

Thankfully B&N seem to be decent with Customer Service here in our neck of the woods.....

100% Certified 'Bona-Nut'

Got it! A really interesting look at what makes the system tick for J&R. Roy sure isn't afraid to call it like he sees it. lol
The cd sampler is very nicely put together considering the market it hits. Lotsarockystuff. A bit of Beth and some acoustic to show his versatility, then a nice smooth ending to leave that good feeling that says play me again. cool
Rick

Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

I can't believe the palava you guys had with this. Just trying to get the mag.

If you like it generally I can't recommend enough the subscription. I find it realls keeps me in the loop - albums reviews etc etc.

But if they feature Joe again and its a keeper then talk to your Bonabuds and we'll get you the copies you need pronto and posted to you. Month wait? Goddamm. It's not like your third world or anything...............

No Hits, No Hype.......................Classic Rock Jan 2012

Finally got the magazine. One of the most entertaining articles I've read in a long time. I found the point of the article - the business strategy behind J&R - very interesting and Roy Wiseman's bluntness and honesty refreshing. So many musicians struggle to make a living in music and it's nice to see that Joe and Roy have found an impressive way to build their business and be successful at it. I like the cd also. wink

Now a Beth-O-Bona-Holic

Picked up the mag today. Good to read of artists reimagining distribution. Neil Young says give it away and charge for quality. Piracy is the new radio. Rush releases two songs and waits 18-months to finish the album. Oh yeah, and it'll be a novel too. J&R are on to something. All the best!

One completely off topic question: Nice watch on JB's wrist on the cover of CR. It's got a black face and metal band, but I can't figure what it is? Anyone sharper at that stuff than I? I'd love to know.

Welcome to the forum Twelvenotes. Nice to see that article bring in some fresh folk. I know that Joe does like his nice  watches and some have been Tag Heur.
Rick

Jane H. wrote:

Are extras like the cd and that little book often included with this magazine?

Yes Jane, there's always a promo cd + of some sort.

GOOD KARMA - http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3zkw … o1_500.jpg
Avatar Credit: D.Hirst,Olympic Union Flag
Adele: RAH http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Oio8V3e3WU&ob=av2e -
We Are The Champ20ns