Re: I'M BACCCCKK!! Thank you Classic Rock Magazine!!

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Hey Everybody...  Finally have the CIA broken the lost code of my former profile....  Thank you all for the fantastic 2011 and for everything that has happened over the past year..  Nicky sorted me out and got my old profile back online.   Here is something I just got that is way cool...  One of the greatest honors of my life... Thank you Classic Rock Magazine!!
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid … mp;theater
Joe B

Well done Joe great music rewarded as the fan base continues to grow.  Can't wait until March and April will see you in the Pools, Liverpool and Blackpool :-)

Congrats Joe!

It was really great meeting you in December (Portland) and having you sign my 2 JB LP guitars.  What a great show and a great way to close out 2011.

I'm hoping I can pick up a copy of the magazine - it looks killer.

conorb

2012 is the year Joe - the year the world will realise what they've been missing out on for so long.

I saw you last October in Cardiff, Wales, and it was easily the best gig I have ever, or will ever go to (until I come see you again obviously!)

Roll on JB13, BCC3 and Hart & Bonamassa 2 - can't wait!! big_smile big_smile

18th October 2011 - Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff

Way to go Joe. As long as we can still see you it will be fine. Looking forward to Sheffield.

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Every year just gets better and better.   Love the "headlines" on this cover - it says it all.  Thank you for a great 2011, and looking forward to whatever amazing stuff you care to share with us in 2012.

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

Great looking cover....congrats....you certainly deserve it.

Bonaburst #18, JB Epi #191, MusicMan Darklord, LP Cherryburst Traditional Plus, Gigliotti GT, Takamine, Takamine 12 string, Martin D-28 & GPCPA1, Fender Amer STD Strat, Fender Custom Shop Gold Metalflake, Custom "OSU" Wagner Tele, Gibson SG Limited Govt Model, Jim Kelly Combo

Congrats Joe .... where will this be available in the states ???

Good one !!
Same as my other Aussie counterparts...
Hanging out for a copy to reach our shores.
Also looking forward to JB coming back.
Missed his last tour...

Ok...Brain...I don't like you and you don't like me...     ("H. Simpson")

27 (edited by dknight16 2012-01-04 19:37:57)

dthomas22 wrote:

Barnes & Noble import it.  It won't show up in the US for a few weeks though.

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

...Joe's doing Arnie impersonations now! ...its all cool! wink

Everyone is born a genius, but the process of living de-geniuses them.
R. Buckminster Fuller

What Patty said!!!! This Bonamassa Train is a wonderful ride. Never a dull moment!  Thanks for it ALL!!     Cathy

Free download of the issue too!

Well, it just goes to show that publications CAN get the right people for cover stories and some whipcrack smart journalist decided to take an angle on JB!  Kudos to you, Joe, it's nice to see that it's APPRECIATION of the music itself, NOT its commercial aspects, is what matters!  The email notice I got indicated 2 things that i couldn't find on their website---that autographed copies existed, and that a single issue could be purchased.  Couldn't find links to either, and, even so, I assume any atuographed copies are gone.  So, how do I get the mag, with/without the inscription? 
By the way, and maybe you heard it, but, last week, i caught a snippet of a Denis Miller interview with Ted Nugent, and when Denis asked Nuge if he knew of any one who was still out there plying genuine guitar rock, and "keeping the rock spirit alive," Ted said immediately, "theres a guy out there who absolutely brings it every night, is preserving blues/rock at its best, and his name is Joe Bonamassa."  "Nuff said!
Attended the Carnegie Music Hall show, Pittsburgh, PA last year, and intend to be at the Benedum in May.  Don't want to wish my life away at this point (gettin too old for that), but May can't come soon enough!!!  Keep the flame burnin' and the fingers full of lightning.  Bless ya for your comittment to the music and performing of same…...

Ted speaks it as he sees it and he is consistent in his praise of JB so hats off to to Ted, whom I have always enjoyed seeing as well.

I am a subscriber to to CR so await my copy to arrive in the next days or so. SyracuseDuke, I can recommend the subscription. Get someone to give you one for a birthday gift. Honestly, there isn't a better music monthly out there covering all genres, with a heavy bias towards 'classic' Blues/Rock. I live in Germany and it is promptly delivered most months. I read the thing from cover to cover over a period of about a week or so.

CR have championed Joe since the beginning and I am delighted he has got a cover. Should be a great interview. I've been a subscriber since it started and I can't begin to tell you just how much new music they have influenced me to sample and buy over the years.

In addition, to save strorage space recently I extracted certain 'keeper' articles from old issues for archiving and used all the possible pics and headlines from the remainder of the mag to create some blinding A1 size montages that I framed and gave to friends with a musical interest. They were blown away!

A 12 month subscription will inform and delight you and provide perhaps a memorable keepsake.

By the way, I don't work for CR and this isn't spam. Just sharing with you some background to what I believe is the very best music rag on the market today.

No Hits, No Hype.......................Classic Rock Jan 2012

Fantastic Joe and very well deserved...best thing is ...you did it your way...stayed true and honest to yourself.

Can't wait to read the whole article!  Best of luck and continued success in 2012...more ears will be tuning into you!   smile

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

There is a great looking iPad version of this magazine as well.

dknight16 wrote:
dthomas22 wrote:

Barnes & Noble import it.  It won't show up in the US for a few weeks though.

Thanks !!!! I'll keep an eye out for it . smile will probably get two copies , 1 for me the other for a m&g . yikes

Great spread and what an honor for you Joe.  So very proud for you and you deserve all the recognition.  It's been a great year and greatly anticipating seeing you again in March!  Much love!

Sandy

I know a place ....

NIce!  Congrats Joe.

I love a man unleashed.......:)