Topic: The Great White North

Well, I'm From Canada... Calgary, Alberta to be exact and have been a fan of Joe's for a while now.

In 2003, I was looking for some new blues music to get into and play along with on guitar, and I found Joe's Blues Deluxe on the great internet, and with the first listen, I was hooked.

Since then, I have been a avid fan, wishing I could see the Great Joe live up in Canada tongue
( tell me some day it will happen.. pz.. LOL )

Joe's tones are amazing, his style both in singing and guitar are simply amazing. I love trying to learn his songs by ear, though I wont learn everything since I feel playing a whole song a artist has written is wrong.. so I feel just contempt learning some of the licks and basics of some of his songs. smile

Happy to be here, and looking forward to the Future fun! smile

P.S...  Are there any other Canadians on these Boards?.. or am I the only Canadian that knows of some of the best music out there... smile

Re: The Great White North

Welcome to the Joe Bonamassa forum.

Lots of nice folks in here and a great source of information about JB, shows, other artists, get togethers, etc.

Welcome!

PC

“A friend is someone that will help you move............a TRUE friend will help you move the bodies." -- anon

Welcome aboard Basement!
I really do hope you get a chance to see Joe live someday. It doesn't hurt to contact music venues or promoters in your area and let them know about Joe. He may not be on their radar. 
Are you familiar with David Gogo? I know he's from Canada. I've heard him on XM radio and he sounds pretty good. I'm going to see him later this year at the Bayfront Blues Festival in Duluth, MN.
Lee

Basement wrote:

Well, I'm From Canada... Calgary, Alberta to be exact and have been a fan of Joe's for a while now...

Ah yes Calgary.  When I hear that name I think of Bret 'the hitman' Hart and the dungeon that spawned all of those legendary professional wrestler I loved to watch as a child.
I've been to Ontario on a fishing trip, but not anywhere else.

welcome, Basement!

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

I had an uncle that saw one of those billboards that said "Drink Canada Dry"...so he went up there. I think he's still trying.
Seriously though, what I've seen of Canada (6 trips, 4 of which were fishing trips) has been really awesome.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Hello Basement.  I'm Becky from northern Wisconsin, which is pretty much the same thing as Canada, weather-wise anyhow.  (It's still winter in April)  Actually, I do recall chatting here with a dude from Canada, but don't remember what city he was in.  And I believe Joe did a gig at a fest in Ottawa.  I came across Joe in 2003 as well, at Summerfest in Milwaukee.  I figured my husband and I were the only people up here that knew of him, but soon discovered other blues fans spreading the word in northcentral Wis., and he eventually came to our Wausau blues fest.  Keep asking and he may show up for a Calgary show.

Hey, I like this new topic category. Nice idea.

Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous mind.

Samual Johnson