1 (edited by Michael 2007-04-05 18:59:11)

Topic: Bogie Bowles in London

Here is Quite simply at this moment one/If not The best Drummers on the Planet .. true

As requested ..........safe journeys my friend

...................michael

smile

http://youtube.com/michaelhcnyl

Joe Bonamassa .......  His Greatest 3 Videos ... IMMHO   After Much Deliberation
3rd ...... Mountain Time / Rockpalast       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01xa6NMsJo
2nd ...... Sloe Gin       /  Vienna            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRASS8O8ZnE           
1st ....... Blues Deluxe / The Borderline    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnl3E_KLxYg

Re: Bogie Bowles in London

That's great!!! I do believe Bogie was enjoying himself. Was that solo sometime during "Just Got Paid"? I thought I heard just a few notes of "Dazed And Confused" there at the end.

Thanks Michael!

Yeah Lee ........ Your sure do have sharp ears there my bonabuddie   

"If you believe like workin hard all day,
   Just step in my shoes and take my pay"

smile

.................... michael

Joe Bonamassa .......  His Greatest 3 Videos ... IMMHO   After Much Deliberation
3rd ...... Mountain Time / Rockpalast       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01xa6NMsJo
2nd ...... Sloe Gin       /  Vienna            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRASS8O8ZnE           
1st ....... Blues Deluxe / The Borderline    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnl3E_KLxYg

4 (edited by drumanorak 2007-04-06 02:53:13)

Wow thanks for that michael, being a drummer myself, and it was my fist Joe gig, I thought this guy was amazing where has he been hidding!! Ive been thinking back to the london gig and wondering if anybody had captured this solo, sitting here at work!! yes on a good Friday, made  my day!! roll on mr kyps August, got my ticket. cheers K

Let there be drums......and there was drums

Bogie is an amazing drummer and an all around great guy. Each time I see Bogie play, his drum solo is better than the previous one!

See you in Elgin, Illinois Bogie!

~Rhonda smile

P.S. I will have two Knocked Down Smilin CD's for you to autograph for Robby! (Yes, I finally found them!)

"I don't think obsessions have reasons, that's why they're obsessions....National Geographic likes their pictures in focus..." Robert Kincaid

Fantastic! Thanks I love solos. Had a minny flashback to the first drum solo I ever heard. 1967 or 1968, I can't remeber the exact year. In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida, what was it maybe 10 minutes long?

7 (edited by pattyluvsjoe 2007-04-07 00:27:55)

Shredit wrote:

Fantastic! Thanks I love solos. Had a minny flashback to the first drum solo I ever heard. 1967 or 1968, I can't remeber the exact year. In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida, what was it maybe 10 minutes long?

Awesome solo Bogie...ya' are the man with the sticks!!!!!!!!!!!  I'll also look forward to seeing you in Elgin.  smile

Shredit.....ah, yes Inna Gadda Da-Vida..... (I remember very well putting headphones on and listening to this in my room with the blacklight on and posters glowing...nothing like being a teen in the 70's.) cool  I met Mike Pinera a couple of years back.  He was with Iron Butterfly and Blues Image...wrote "Ride Captain Ride"  He was a gem of a guy and tells a great story of meeting Elvis Presley.....also Jerry Corbetta of Sugarloaf "Green Eyed Lady"  Peter Rivera of Rare Earth "I Just Want To Celebrate" and Dennis Noda of Cannibal & The Headhunters "Land of 1000 Dances" .....it was a GREAT night of entertainment and a throw-back to teen days......(Sorry that this should come under Other Artist, but I don't know how to get Shredit's quote moved to that page).....don't pummel me too hard for stretching the rules........thanks    pattyluvsjoe

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Shredit...That makes me laugh! We all had In-a-gada-di-vida(sp?) on 8 track and would try to start them at the same time in our cars...You can imagine the cacophany that caused! Oh, I almost forgot, I think there was a "click" track change in the middle! Progress.....

pattyluvsjoe wrote:
Shredit wrote:

Awesome solo Bogie...ya' are the man with the sticks!!!!!!!!!!!  I'll also look forward to seeing you in Elgin.  smile

Shredit.....ah, yes Inna Gadda Da-Vida..... (I remember very well putting headphones on and listening to this in my room with the blacklight on and posters glowing...nothing like being a teen in the 70's.) cool  I met Mike Pinera a couple of years back.  He was with Iron Butterfly and Blues Image...wrote "Ride Captain Ride"  He was a gem of a guy and tells a great story of meeting Elvis Presley.....also Jerry Corbetta of Sugarloaf "Green Eyed Lady"  Peter Rivera of Rare Earth "I Just Want To Celebrate" and Dennis Noda of Cannibal & The Headhunters "Land of 1000 Dances" .....it was a GREAT night of entertainment and a throw-back to teen days......(Sorry that this should come under Other Artist, but I don't know how to get Shredit's quote moved to that page).....don't pummel me too hard for stretching the rules........thanks    pattyluvsjoe

I get caught up thinging about those days. Where have all the good times gone! Just kiddin, but I would relive those days in a heartbeat. Music changed for me after Led Zeppelin, I can't really say why. I miss driving to S. F. in my beater with four bald tires and a case of beer in the back seat. We always took the oldest car, the junkies would break out the windows if you locked it. Sorry, I'm trippin. Oops I forgot I have to go to work now.

Peace Shredit

Hey Michael, thanks again for sharing one of your great clips of Bogie's drum solos.  Absolutely love watching him play his drums.  I am so with you on your thoughts about Bogie.  He is the man on drums and he is.......simply the BEST!!!!!!  See you in June Bogie.         

Barbara

11 (edited by Bill S 2007-04-08 10:38:00)

Shredit wrote:

Ok, I'll share my In a godda davida story. This is funny to me, but it may not translate to everyone else. About 5 or 6 years ago, some friends were talking about their "song" (can't remember what it was). Anyway, my wife (we've been married for 26 years) tells them that we "don't have a song", to which I reply "Oh yes we do...and I do my best to look offended that she doesn't remember our song. So she's bugging me to tell her what our "song" is, and finally I blurt out "In a godda davida", which was totally made up and why I thought of that song I'm not sure because I probably hadn't heard it in 15 years, but it was pretty funny at the time. So now, if anyone ever asks or talks about "their song", we tell them ours is In a godda davida. It's turned into our inside joke and we've gotten some laughs.
Sorry, this is a bit off topic...I should have at least agreed with everyone regarding Bogie's considerable talents!

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Dude!!
So glad you got that one, and thanks so much for posting it. I was really happy with it that night, it's always a work in progress and some nights are better than others. Watching for the first time(at 6 am pacific time thank you jet lag) I was re living the Shepherd's Bush show that was a huge highlight for me, Joe and everybody. 14 months prior we played the Borderline to a sold out 300. At Shepherd's Bush we played to a sold out 2000!!! What a night for all of us and our huge thanks to all of you for making this happen for Joe. I feel very grateful to be playing with him and seeing it all grow and being a part of that, it is one of the best experiences I have  had. Thanks so much to all of you who watched this and your comments and love. I'm so pumped!! I just got home last night after a whirlwind day of flying and leaving the guys for about a month. I'll be very busy moving into a new place with my wife, who has packed up basically the whole house for this( Mom says I married a Saint, I tend to agree), recording with Joe, and then rehearsing the new material for the next leg of the tour. So time off, yeah maybe a day or so:) I look forward to seeing you again soon and again thanks so much for the support, it is because of you( and Joe) that I don't deliver Pizza anymore...

Take Care,

Bogie

Bogie,

Welcome back to the USA!...You have been a great addition to the band and you have a whole new set of fans in the Dayton, OH area...We look forward to seeing you guys this summer in Columbus and at the Fraze...Enjoy some time off...I hope that your move is painless...Are you still in North Carolina?...

The Other Joe B.

He Bogie,
Good luck to you&your wife with the moving to your new place.
Enjoy your time off. wink

Bogie, 

I was in the Bluesgarage and enjoyed your playing very much. Looks like you're getting better every day.
Have a nice time with your wife in the new house!  Hope your tour overthere will be just so succesfull as it was with us in Europe.

Andre Wittebroek.

Thanks for the update Bogie!  Hope you enjoy your month off, but still sounds like work.  Look forward to seeing what your new material is going to be like.

Music is good for the Soul...

Welcome home Bogie, shame no one recorded you playing your solo on Halloween! You playing with a giant spaceman helmet that you had to keep turning to see was priceless!! Good luck in your new North Crackalacki home. Bonus points for giving props to your wife!

Bogie,
Safely home..... but we will miss you in Europe!
Enjoy your time off with your wife ....but moving can be stressfull so let her keep the control........ha ha
Great drumming at 'Shepard's Bush'.....LIke Like Like it..........You got positive energy around you ...Good shots by Michael