Re: So I did one myself...

I agree with Lee...Joe, you should be at or near the top of your list. cool

If no one has already, I'd also like to add Bryan Lee, Tab Benoit and Albert Cummings. 

Roy

Joe is the Best!

popular topic with newcomers as well, good job Joe. Welcome to the forum Azurah, LeaM, Gary b, and Stephonix. You can formally introduce yourself if you want, tell us a little about yourself, your music background and maybe how you found Joe in the Introductions section, if you want.
One more and I'll let it rest. I think Andy Summers should have a place in the 100. Another one of those subjective choices, you would have to be a serious Police fan to have him included. I was and still am.

Tres

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

Ted Nugent, J Mascis, and Johnny Winter

What! no Rik Emmett! I’M crushed…

Rik Emmett Fan wrote:

I'm on page1 post 11.. Already mentioned him.

Actually I will be at a meet'n'greet show with Rik Emmett and Dave Dunlop on Dec9; starting to get excited about that but can't convience anyone to go with me.
So I'll do it solo.

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

Rik Emmett Fan wrote:

I actually noticed that omission and immediately thought of you... Rik is a master, he should definitely be in the top 100!

But while we were glad to see Joe give John Petrucci his due, there were some others he left out that we think should be in there:

Derek Trucks
Jonny Lang
Carlos Santana
Mato (Indigenous)

And Joe, granted, it's  hard to put your own name on that list, and I'm sure you want to give Hendrix, Clapton, Page, etc. their due, but let's be real. No poster on this site has any business posting their list of top guitarists if Joe Bonamassa isn't on it!

79 (edited by Rik Emmett Fan 2011-11-27 22:11:37)

Don&Jocelyn wrote:
Rik Emmett Fan wrote:

I actually noticed that omission and immediately thought of you... Rik is a master, he should definitely be in the top 100!

But while we were glad to see Joe give John Petrucci his due, there were some others he left out that we think should be in there:

Derek Trucks
Jonny Lang
Carlos Santana
Mato (Indigenous)

And Joe, granted, it's  hard to put your own name on that list, and I'm sure you want to give Hendrix, Clapton, Page, etc. their due, but let's be real. No poster on this site has any business posting their list of top guitarists if Joe Bonamassa isn't on it!

Rik and Joe have been omitted from lists for so many years they will call the National Inquirer to check its validity when they finally do. LOL

Here is some classic Rik Emmett for everyone to enjoy.   

This is how to end a show...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cE9aral … _embedded#!

Take care,
Bill

..ok! ..so its obviously clear! ..100 is not a big enough number! ...but it could have been worse ...Seasick Steve could'a made the list!  hmm

Everyone is born a genius, but the process of living de-geniuses them.
R. Buckminster Fuller

JBonamassa wrote:

Mick Jones ( Sex Pistols)

hesitate to correct the big guy but Mick Jones was lead guitarist with The Clash (Joe Strummer rhythm), it was Steve Jones that was/is the guitarist with the Sex Pistols. - Great call on him though.

smile

My YouTube channel with plenty of my Joe's videos dating from 2009 inc his first Hammersmith Odeon ones:
http://www.youtube.com/ian916fun

Ian916 wrote:
JBonamassa wrote:

Mick Jones ( Sex Pistols)

hesitate to correct the big guy but Mick Jones was lead guitarist with The Clash (Joe Strummer rhythm), it was Steve Jones that was/is the guitarist with the Sex Pistols. - Great call on him though.

smile

One just has to keep up with the Joneses ! big_smile  big_smile  big_smile

GOOD KARMA - http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3zkw … o1_500.jpg
Avatar Credit: D.Hirst,Olympic Union Flag
Adele: RAH http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Oio8V3e3WU&ob=av2e -
We Are The Champ20ns

Pete The Cabby wrote:

..ok! ..so its obviously clear! ..100 is not a big enough number! ...but it could have been worse ...Seasick Steve could'a made the list!  hmm

Ahhh no! I love Seasick Steve. While not really technically gifted, he still plays raw, mean, dirty blues slide as well as anyone else. And there aren't many people on the planet cooler than Seasick Steve  cool

Another two that would be on my list - Matt Schofield and Simon McBride. Two up-and-coming bluesy Brits who can melt those frets with the best of 'em...

'What's the use in gettin' sober......when you're gonna get drunk again' - Louis Jordan
Guitars - Gibson VOS R8 LP, Custom built Telecaster w/Bare Knuckle and Duncan pickups, 60's/70's Kay Tulip  (for slide)
Amps n ting -1966 Fender Deluxe Reverb, 1961 Gibson GA30 Invader, Fredric Effects Golden Eagle, Wampler Faux Analog Echo

James Davis wrote:
Pete The Cabby wrote:

Ahhh no! I love Seasick Steve. While not really technically gifted, he still plays raw, mean, dirty blues slide as well as anyone else. And there aren't many people on the planet cooler than Seasick Steve  cool

Another two that would be on my list - Matt Schofield and Simon McBride. Two up-and-coming bluesy Brits who can melt those frets with the best of 'em...

Yep, 100 probably isn't enough - how about Nils Lofgren and Sonny Landreth.....and actually Bruce Springsteen can play some very fine lead guitar when he wants too.....wish he'd play it more often...and Little Steven! Tony TS McPhee is another which springs to mind too!

Heck, You could probably pick 100 great guitarists with just the name 'Steve' or 'Steven'...  wink

I'll start you off...

Steve Stevens (double points!  lol )
Steve Morse
Seasick Steve
Little Steven
Steve Vai
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Steve Miller
(carry on)

JBLP Gold Top #129 - redubbed "#1 in Oz"

LOL Great LIST!

Names left off... 30 somethings:
John Mayer
Derek Trucks
Joe Bonamassa
Kenny Wayne Shepherd
Doyle Bramhall II

again pure taste.

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

For me there are a couple of omissions from Joe's list - maybe including him - but the best thing is there are some guys on there I need to check out which will be fun.

gotta add paul gilbert and dave meniketti!

recently i read ur guitar list theres 3 i wanted to add but had a huge question have u ever heard of dave meniketti? oh and my three guitarists were paul gilbert,gary moore and dave meniketti!!!

edit - Hey Birdman, I've added your separate topic to your post here as they essentially say the same thing and this is Joe's list topic.

George (A/h)

Gatemouth

Ya killin' me JB..
No Gilmour...wow!

Dig the Hedges selection, that one usually slips past the average bear....

Lonesomedave-