Re: Royal Southern Brotherhood

Kenny wrote:

Shepherds Bush Empire - 25 June

Thanks Kenny. That's a well deserved step up from the Jazz Cafe where we saw them a couple of years ago. I reckon there were probably around 70-80 that night, so to jump to the SBE via Under The Bridge last year is impressive. I hope they fill it but may need some street teaming to do it.

Are you likely to be down at that time?

Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

110 (edited by Kenny 2014-02-12 11:01:06)

Wooders wrote:
Kenny wrote:

Thanks Kenny. That's a well deserved step up from the Jazz Cafe where we saw them a couple of years ago. I reckon there were probably around 70-80 that night, so to jump to the SBE via Under The Bridge last year is impressive. I hope they fill it but may need some street teaming to do it.

Are you likely to be down at that time?

Phil

I might be Phil. Get back from Barcelona the day before so I may just hop on another flight.

Kenny wrote:

Yes please, I'll have some of that. They were the best yet at the afternoon RAH show. Hope you can make it down Kenny

112 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2014-03-08 11:29:17)

RSB kicked off their 2014 tour last night in a recently renovated old silent films and Vaudeville theatre located in a little rural town just 8 miles from me.  (Touring acts never got this close until this theater's push to bring them in during the past two years ... but they are still few and far between.)

The House was about half full (probably due to this rural area, and if you didn't follow the band, you wouldn't have known. I saw only a small one-liner in the local paper about a month ago.) 

300 or so people, but those 300 saw a great show (and made enough noise at the end, it sounded like a full house)!!  Band greeted a happy crowd afterward out in the lobby.

I didn't know much about RSB (had only known a little about Mike & Cyril's solo efforts) but so glad I went!!!

If you get a chance to see them on this East coast swing through June ... do yourself a favor and go!!

Tour dates:
http://www.royalsouthernbrotherhood.com/tour-dates/

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

Heartsoulblood

Kick **** album. Get it!!

News I was dreading. Devon is leaving the band in mid-April to pursue his solo career. He will be replaced by Tyrone Vaughan who is Jimmie's son. 3rd album to be recorded with new line-up.