Re: Royal Southern Brotherhood

The last act at the Carlisle Blues/ Rock festival on Sunday and what a finish!! Well deserved standing ovation, especially as they were up at 4am for 2 flights to the UK.

One of the many highlights was One Way Out featuring a guest appearance by Duane Betts.

Oh and Devon's short back and sides smile

And here's the video for One Way Out - especially for Phil.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_wDPD8zEwY

Wow! I saw a wonderful show last night at Harmonie, Bonn and I hope to enjoy them again, soon.....
quicks

They are playing in New Hampshire in March at a little venue right around the corner from my house. It is small and BYOB. Cant wait!

he's playing in Seaside Park NJ December 21st. I'm a street team leader for that gig, poster already sent to me although they haven't been received yet.  He had a gig at 78 Below (near The Beacon) in NY but 78 Below seems to have closed

Alan

Glad I stumbled upon this. Love it. Will definitely make a note to check more of their stuff out. May go on my Christmas wishlist!

Yesterday night at Piano in Dortmund they blew the roof off .... a real HOT band and together with Samantha Fish ... YES YES YES !!!

Just listening "Songs from the Road - Live in Germany" from the Royal Southern Brotherhood from their concert @ Harmonie in Bonn 24 October 2012 (recorded by Rockpalast).

lol   YEAH   lol

The album comes with a CD and a DVD plus an interview on top.
Got it for 15 € at the show and the CD alone is worth the money ...

Blues Sissi wrote:

That´s fine because the DVD is poor quality.
Günter

Rock On and Keep the Faith

Guenter wrote:
Blues Sissi wrote:

That´s fine because the DVD is poor quality.
Günter

oooHHH !?!
Today I watched the DVD ... and it's not as bad as I expected after your comment.
The only thing is ... CD and DVD were recorded about one year ago ... now that I've seen them live last week... the band plays much tighter now.

Blues Sissi wrote:

oooHHH !?!
Today I watched the DVD ... and it's not as bad as I expected after your comment.
The only thing is ... CD and DVD were recorded about one year ago ... now that I've seen them live last week... the band plays much tighter now.

Of course I was not talking about the quality of the band, but the bad inconsistent audio quality and a very hectic camera work.
Günter

Rock On and Keep the Faith

Guenter wrote:
Blues Sissi wrote:

oooHHH !?!

Of course I was not talking about the quality of the band, but the bad inconsistent audio quality and a very hectic camera work.
Günter

Know that you spoke about the quality of the DVD. Fast or hectic camera work seems to be a kind of trade mark of numerous Rockpalast videos of the last years. Seems to be a general trend also for movies that the eyes sometimes can't  follow the camera.

Back in the UK in June 2014. Four dates so far :

21st - Durham Blues Festival
22nd - Cleethorpes Blues Festival
23rd - Clitheroe
24th - Cardiff

Just bought a ticket to see them in March in NH.  I saw them open for Grace Potter this summer and they were awesome.

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

Samjp4 I will be seeing them at Tupelo as well. What a great venue to see them at. I can almost walk there from my house

106 (edited by BansheeUK 2014-01-09 08:09:01)

Just seen, RSB are down for Durham and Cleethorpes Blues Festivals, late June.

I'm wondering how quickly I can get from Durham to Hartlepool after RSB's set to catch Ryan McG on the Saturday night.

Couple of other UK dates for RSB:-

23th June - Cleethorpes; Grand
24th June - Cardiff; Globe

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

I just got a email today that they will be at The Hamilton in Washington DC on March 9. I'm really excited to see them live.

Shepherds Bush Empire - 25 June