Re: Royal Southern Brotherhood

Thanks for sharing your recent vids, Lee.

They are playing a very intimate venue in Evanston, Illinois (Space), in September.  Been considering buying tix, but my social calendar is just crammed that month.  I may have to shoehorn that date in somehow.  Haven't caught them, yet.

Play like you've worked at it, and don't worry about sounding like your influences.  You can't cheat on them, or your practice, anyway.  If you've worked hard at your skill, your audience will know it.

I recently got a ticket for their gig in Kendal, England in November. Really looking forward to it, their CD is great.

Murray1903 wrote:

I recently got a ticket for their gig in Kendal, England in November. Really looking forward to it, their CD is great.

If you like the cd,you'll love their live show!!

58 (edited by Pete The Cabby 2012-11-09 01:41:03)

...well,i was dragged,kicking and screaming by Wooders,down to the Jazz Cafe in London to see a band i never heard of... my ticket was paid for,i was just about allowed to buy some coffee and a apple and pecan muffin in return,but a copy of the RSB CD was thrust into my hand while standing waiting for the band to come on some time later ...after a great set from Mitch Laddie and gang... don't know what i done to deserve it but thank you Philip! ( i'll get you back ) and thanks for a great night out watching 5 fabulous musicians! ...the older i get the funkier i seem to be getting,should i worry about this?

...off the latest CD... Moonlight Over Mississippi as performed on the night ...catch 'em when you can!

...one of my concoctions!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbNAAMnwV0g

...thanks Lee! wink

Everyone is born a genius, but the process of living de-geniuses them.
R. Buckminster Fuller

Haha lol So glad you enjoyed it and why wouldn't you? This was definietly one of the year's highlights for me. It was an absolutely superb gig, being bluesy, funky, rocking, soulfull and above all tight as the proverbial duck's wotsit and very melodic. They are five very accomplished musicians and as Eva said to Devon Allman in Germany, "this is what a supergroup should sound like".

Eschewing a setlist, the band played almost the whole of their new CD plus the Allman's One Way Out with Mike Zito playing some superb slide, Pearl River, the first song Mike wrote with singer and percussionist Cyril Neville, a track called Time Machine from Devon Allman's CD coming out next year and one of my favourite Stones songs, Gimme Shelter.

If I get time I'll add to this but for the moment I'll just say that if you get the chance to see RSB, YOU MUST! As Kenny said at the end of the show, "What a gig! That alone was worth the trip from Aberdeen." smile

Thanks for the upload, Pete. I can't see it from my work pc but hope to catch it at the weekend. I just hope my enthusiasm wasn't caught on the soundtrack. yikes  Thanks again for being my private chauffer which more than covers the tkt and CD.

Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

Thanks for the vid Pete, I do love the funk and they belt it out in style!. I'm old too, don't worry about agetting down and agetting funky. smile
Tres

Pete The Cabby wrote:

...well,i was dragged,kicking and screaming by Wooders,down to the Jazz Cafe in London to see a band i never heard of... my ticket was paid for,i was just about allowed to buy some coffee and a apple and pecan muffin in return,but a copy of the RSB CD was thrust into my hand while standing waiting for the band to come on some time later ...after a great set from Mitch Laddie and gang... don't know what i done to deserve it but thank you Philip! ( i'll get you back ) and thanks for a great night out watching 5 fabulous musicians! ...the older i get the funkier i seem to be getting,should i worry about this?

...off the latest CD... Moonlight Over Mississippi as performed on the night ...catch 'em when you can!

...thanks Lee! wink

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

The tour ends Sunday in the UK, let's hope they keep this funky thang rollin' and don't go their seperate ways. Can't see why they would as this band was one of the hottest live acts touring this past year! Another album would be sweet with another tour after they catch their breath.

Mo' RSB!!!

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

Thanks for the vids and stuff Pete. That is a rocking group of players for sure.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

As Pete hasn't added the links I hope he doesn't mind if I do it for him. RSB are too good to miss. smile

Time Machine, a track from Devon Allman's next solo album due early 2013

Left My Heart in Memphis

A few videos from Prakash too:

Very Allman Brothers Inspired Instrumental

Sweet Jelly Donut

Gimme Shelter

Peter Feenstra talking to Mike Zito after the show

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

I was at the Kendal gig on Saturday night and have to agree with the comments above. Sensational doesn't even begin to describe RSB live!

65 (edited by Kenny 2013-01-03 15:13:21)

Booking European summer festivals. France and Norway so far.

Seen them two weeks ago on "Rockpalast" (german TV-Show).
Great band! It´s rare to have 3 so different Singer/frontmen with such a organic sound!
They found each other, because they should!

Pete The Cabby wrote:

...thanks Lee! wink

Thanks for that Pete.  So glad Wooders dragged you kicking and screaming to get a taste of "my" Louisiana music.  As for getting funkier with age, I think that's wonderful! wink

Sandy

I know a place ....

Back in the UK in September. Looks like the 22nd in Edinburgh so far.

Kenny wrote:

See you there Kenny! smile

"The recently formed Edinburgh Blues Club has identified an appetite for the personal communication between musicians and audience that the blues long ago perfected." The Herald Newspaper (Scotland)
http://www.edinburgh-blues.uk

I've seen him a few times with the Allmans and he does indeed have had the passed genes handed down

Alan

Kenny wrote:

Where In Edinburgh are they performing?

72 (edited by Kenny 2013-04-03 14:59:21)

steelman wrote:
Kenny wrote:

Where In Edinburgh are they performing?

To be confirmed.