Re: Royal Southern Brotherhood

Well I gotta admit that when you hear this much buzz about a new band you have to wonder, do they live up to all the hype on stage? GO SEE THESE GUYS!!!! This was the best gig by a new act I've seen since I caught my first Matt Schofield show. RSB is a very well rounded band with each member contributing to the sum of all the parts. It's obvious right away that they are having a good time in the process. I grabbed a copy of their CD and also had a chat with Devon, Mike, & their young tour mgr.(21) Bobby, who all send a shout out to their favorite photographer Rhonda. The guys hope to see you in St.Louis Photogal, Devon said they have 2 shows coming up there. Not only is their material great, but very danceable too. They had the crowd shakin' a tail feather real quick, so I hope those of you that get to see them do it in a club venue. I can't wait for them to make a return trip to NorCal, But I doubt I'll get away with a $10 admission next time!

Rock The Vote,

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

Just bumped this up hopin' Photogal will see it.

Fired Up.....I'm Ready To Go,

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

ohiodawg13 wrote:

Well I gotta admit that when you hear this much buzz about a new band you have to wonder, do they live up to all the hype on stage? GO SEE THESE GUYS!!!! This was the best gig by a new act I've seen since I caught my first Matt Schofield show. RSB is a very well rounded band with each member contributing to the sum of all the parts. It's obvious right away that they are having a good time in the process. I grabbed a copy of their CD and also had a chat with Devon, Mike, & their young tour mgr.(21) Bobby, who all send a shout out to their favorite photographer Rhonda. The guys hope to see you in St.Louis Photogal, Devon said they have 2 shows coming up there. Not only is their material great, but very danceable too. They had the crowd shakin' a tail feather real quick, so I hope those of you that get to see them do it in a club venue. I can't wait for them to make a return trip to NorCal, But I doubt I'll get away with a $10 admission next time!

Rock The Vote,

J Dawg

Sorry Dawg, I missed this review earlier. Sounds like a great show. I look forward to seeing them in November!

For those of you based in Europe, the album goes on sale tomorrow, so head back to those record stores again, just like you did last week! smile

"The recently formed Edinburgh Blues Club has identified an appetite for the personal communication between musicians and audience that the blues long ago perfected." The Herald Newspaper (Scotland)
http://www.edinburgh-blues.uk

Been absorbing the CD for the past week and am lovin' it, especially Fire On The Mountain. I'm a Dead fan from way back and these guys do it justice.

RSB Rocks!

J Dawg

I'm really sorry I had to miss this gig here. Oh well.... Got to get the cd.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Still waiting for my copy have sent reminders and they now say it's been despatched (like they said about 4 weeks ago) Sigh...

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Despite receiving an e-mail from Amazon over a week ago saying the CD had been despatched, I'm still waiting. Anybody else in the same position or have you all had yours now? After reading all those glowing reviews the suspense is almost unbearable.

Phil sad

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

Wooders wrote:

Despite receiving an e-mail from Amazon over a week ago saying the CD had been despatched, I'm still waiting. Anybody else in the same position or have you all had yours now? After reading all those glowing reviews the suspense is almost unbearable.

Phil sad

I had a moan to play .com and it suddenly appeared three days later. As my previous mail said they hadtold me it had been despatched in April. Still great cd, not as good as DTTD but hey... big_smile

PSmith1946 wrote:
Wooders wrote:

Phil sad

I had a moan to play .com and it suddenly appeared three days later. As my previous mail said they hadtold me it had been despatched in April. Still great cd, not as good as DTTD but hey... big_smile

Haven'theard the cd,but heard sound clips and it sounds good.But I'm not thinking it would outshine DTTD.But I may be a bit biased.Objectively DTTD will be hard to beat in my book.We will see what the "critics"think at years end.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

ohiodawg13 wrote:

Rock The Vote,

J Dawg

Just saw this J Dawg! I've been busy finishing up those sets of photos from the Joe shows I did in early May and getting ready to leave on Friday to see Ryan McGarvey Sat. in New Mexico for his CD release party. I will be catching them Labor Day weekend at the Big Muddy Blues Festival on the banks of the Mississippi River. I will give Devon a buzz to see when the other date is. Oh, Bobby (21), the tour manager.... son of Bobby Schneck, from Slash's band. Bobby jr. is one heck of a guitar player!

~Rhonda

"I don't think obsessions have reasons, that's why they're obsessions....National Geographic likes their pictures in focus..." Robert Kincaid

47 (edited by PSmith1946 2012-06-05 04:25:22)

photogal wrote:
ohiodawg13 wrote:

Rock The Vote,

J Dawg

This is a band that I can't wait to see live. Far better I am sure than studio recordings can achieve. You just know that they will really rock. You only need to look at the few live clips that are around to realize this. Live rock always rules.. cool

Just saw this J Dawg! I've been busy finishing up those sets of photos from the Joe shows I did in early May and getting ready to leave on Friday to see Ryan McGarvey Sat. in New Mexico for his CD release party. I will be catching them Labor Day weekend at the Big Muddy Blues Festival on the banks of the Mississippi River. I will give Devon a buzz to see when the other date is. Oh, Bobby (21), the tour manager.... son of Bobby Schneck, from Slash's band. Bobby jr. is one heck of a guitar player!

~Rhonda

photogal wrote:
ohiodawg13 wrote:

Rock The Vote,

J Dawg

~Rhonda

I think Devon meant a couple of shows in the area obviously. Bobby showed off his guitar talent jamming on some Led Zeppelin with the opening act, Steel Toed Slippers. Bobby has his hands full juggling a lot of responsibilities. He did mention he's a big fan of Joe's the second he saw the shirt I was wearing.

RSB Rocks!!!

J Dawg

I just got the new RSB album and to say I was blown away by it is an understatement. Truly one of the best cds I have heard in a while, fantastic stuff.

A London date has been announced:

Royal Southern Brotherhood
Jazz Cafe
5 Parkway, London, NW1 7PG
Wed 7 Nov 2012

already got my ticket smile

i will be at a gig smile

I got a copy of the CD last week and have been playing it a good bit. Some different styles on there but all good. I'm a Zito fan so I am somewhat partial to his tunes. Good stuff.

Jim

Spider wrote:

Devon Allman & Royal Southern Brotherhood. Yes, Devon is Gregg Allman's son.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xHZiNGd6OE

The band is simply known as Royal Southern Brotherhood, Devon is just an equal part of the sum and I'm sure he'd be the first to admit that. Can't wait for another chance to catch up with them.

RSB Rawks!

J Dawg

Saw RSB this past Saturday at the Bayfront Blues Fest in Duluth, MN. They put on an excellent show playing almost all the songs from their debut album as well as an Allman Brothers cover. We also picked up the CD, which is indeed very good. I also shot video of some of their set. Here's a couple links:

"Left My Heart In Memphis" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Tek2yPQ … ature=plcp

"One Way Out" into "Brotherhood" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjEprDrZ … ature=plcp