Re: Royal Southern Brotherhood

Curby wrote:

The new album came out today and it's even better than I thought it'd be.  The twin guitar thing between Devon Allman and Mike Zito is just phenomenal.  A big surprise too is the rhythm section of Charlie Wooten, Yonrico Scott and Cyril Neville.  As a whole these guys pack a mean wallop and this is a must have album.

You be the judge.  Plain old smokin'......
http://youtu.be/wOmPOWoE-So

I don't know Scott, just something not right............just messing with you. smile SMOKIN' for damsure, copy on order. Thanks for posting this.

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

Well I just combed this thread to see if there was any feedback from anybody who's seen them live. Guess I'll have to be the first to report back Sunday night. Karen & I just grabbed tickets to see them Sunday afternoon @ 3pm in Folsom, Ca. @ the Powerhouse Pub, a great bar venue just north of Sacto.(Guido? you payin' attention? Right in your backyard amigo!). The tix are a staggering $10.00+$1.50 svc. chg., my kinda deal.

Rock The Vote,

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

wow, what an incredible bargain Dawg. Yall have a great time of it, and yes full report will be appreciated.

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

ahsmith33 wrote:

wow, what an incredible bargain Dawg. Yall have a great time of it, and yes full report will be appreciated.

I will look forward to that also. Any vid would be appreciated also. I would love the chance to see them live.

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

I look forward to hearing your review Dawg. Got the album and watched the videos. This band is right up my street. They have some European gigs this Autumn, listed below. I'm pestering some local promoters about getting one or two in Scotland (and the North East). I think the Manchester show must be on 11/11:

Vallemaggia Magic Blues CH

07/20/12 Vrsar Vrsar Blues Festival HR

07/21/12 Narcao Black & Blue Festival IT

07/23/12 Velden Blusiana Rock Cafe AT

07/25/12 Bergamo Bergamo Blues Festival IT

10/16/12 Esberg Tobakken DK

10/17/12 Odense Postenlive DK

10/18/12 - 10/19/12 Oslo -> Kiel + Kiel -> Oslo Colorline Blues Cruise NO

10/20/12 Oslo Bluesklubb NO

10/21/12 Berlin Quasimodo DE

10/22/12 Wroclaw Eter Club PL

10/24/12 Bonn Harmonie Bonn DE

10/25/12 Hamburg Fabrik DE

10/26/12 Hannover Blues Garage DE

10/27/12 Kaiserslautern Kaiserslautern Blues Festival DE

w/ Dana Fuchs
10/30/12 Tampere Falo FI

10/31/12 Rankweil Altes Kino AT

11/01/12 Pratteln Z7 CH

11/02/12 Rubigen Mühle Hunzigen CH

11/03/12 Winterbach Lehenbachhalle DE

w/ Eric Sardinas
11/04/12 Amsterdam Paradiso NL

11/06/12 Milton Keynes The Stables UK

11/09/12 Wolverhampton The Robin UK

11/10/12 Kendal The Brewery Arts Centre UK

11/10/12 Manchester Band On The Wall UK

"The recently formed Edinburgh Blues Club has identified an appetite for the personal communication between musicians and audience that the blues long ago perfected." The Herald Newspaper (Scotland)
http://www.edinburgh-blues.uk

Greenose wrote:

I look forward to hearing your review Dawg. Got the album and watched the videos. This band is right up my street. They have some European gigs this Autumn, listed below. I'm pestering some local promoters about getting one or two in Scotland (and the North East). I think the Manchester show must be on 11/11:

Vallemaggia Magic Blues CH

07/20/12 Vrsar Vrsar Blues Festival HR

07/21/12 Narcao Black & Blue Festival IT

07/23/12 Velden Blusiana Rock Cafe AT

07/25/12 Bergamo Bergamo Blues Festival IT

10/16/12 Esberg Tobakken DK

10/17/12 Odense Postenlive DK

10/18/12 - 10/19/12 Oslo -> Kiel + Kiel -> Oslo Colorline Blues Cruise NO

10/20/12 Oslo Bluesklubb NO

10/21/12 Berlin Quasimodo DE

10/22/12 Wroclaw Eter Club PL

10/24/12 Bonn Harmonie Bonn DE

10/25/12 Hamburg Fabrik DE

10/26/12 Hannover Blues Garage DE

10/27/12 Kaiserslautern Kaiserslautern Blues Festival DE

w/ Dana Fuchs
10/30/12 Tampere Falo FI

10/31/12 Rankweil Altes Kino AT

11/01/12 Pratteln Z7 CH

11/02/12 Rubigen Mühle Hunzigen CH

11/03/12 Winterbach Lehenbachhalle DE

w/ Eric Sardinas
11/04/12 Amsterdam Paradiso NL

11/06/12 Milton Keynes The Stables UK

11/09/12 Wolverhampton The Robin UK

11/10/12 Kendal The Brewery Arts Centre UK

11/10/12 Manchester Band On The Wall UK

Thanks for that the Manchester gig is a must. An early birthday present for me I think.....

PSmith1946 wrote:
ahsmith33 wrote:

I will look forward to that also. Any vid would be appreciated also. I would love the chance to see them live.

PS, you're relatively new around here or you would know, I'M NOT A TAPER!!!, no offense buddy, but please don't get me started, once again. I'm so old school, I just like to go to a gig and indulge the moment. I don't have an anal video bone in my arthritic body, sorry mate. I will be very happy to report back on what I witness, much rather tell you face to face if it was possible, you know, like people did before all this social media sh!t???

Rock The Vote,

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

ohiodawg13 wrote:
PSmith1946 wrote:
ahsmith33 wrote:

PS, you're relatively new around here or you would know, I'M NOT A TAPER!!!, no offense buddy, but please don't get me started, once again. I'm so old school, I just like to go to a gig and indulge the moment. I don't have an anal video bone in my arthritic body, sorry mate. I will be very happy to report back on what I witness, much rather tell you face to face if it was possible, you know, like people did before all this social media sh!t???

Rock The Vote,

J Dawg

This is my only social media also, go to concerts with a ticket only myself (Joe's with a pickguard). Don't even take a camera so the only meet photos I have are done by someone else on a shaky mobile. So we are alike in that way. Don't know who you go with though. I remember the first time I went to seaworld years age. I was lent a vid camera and soon realised I was wasting my time watching a 1" square screen instead of the real event. So dinosaur you may be but we are not extinct yet if there are at least two of us. No mating allowed though... big_smile

PSmith1946 wrote:
ohiodawg13 wrote:
PSmith1946 wrote:

Rock The Vote,

J Dawg

This is my only social media also, go to concerts with a ticket only myself (Joe's with a pickguard). Don't even take a camera so the only meet photos I have are done by someone else on a shaky mobile. So we are alike in that way. Don't know who you go with though. I remember the first time I went to seaworld years age. I was lent a vid camera and soon realised I was wasting my time watching a 1" square screen instead of the real event. So dinosaur you may be but we are not extinct yet if there are at least two of us. No mating allowed though... big_smile

Right on my Jurassic brother!

Rock The Vote,

J Dawg

Yes, Duncan, the Manchester gig is on the 11th November. Mr Smith has also pointed out that another artist is playing The Stables, MK, on 6th November, which is odd as this date is definitely on the tour schedule on the Band’s website.

While googling I did find another date at The Brook, Southampton on 8th November on We Got Tickets.

Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

They play here Thursday, but schedule didn't work out and the upscale Anthology isn't my fav. Sales must  be slow since a late 30% discount was offered today. Let us know how it was JDawg.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Wooders wrote:

Yes, Duncan, the Manchester gig is on the 11th November. Mr Smith has also pointed out that another artist is playing The Stables, MK, on 6th November, which is odd as this date is definitely on the tour schedule on the Band’s website.

While googling I did find another date at The Brook, Southampton on 8th November on We Got Tickets.

Phil

there are two stages at The Stables

Yep two stages, we had someone playing the smaller venue when we played the Stables. The main room holds 400 and the smaller one about 100.

Roger62 wrote:
Wooders wrote:

Phil

there are two stages at The Stables

Wooders wrote:

Phil

Thanks Phil. I'll try to make their show in Kendal if I can't persuade anyone closer to take them. I had blotted out the weekend for a festival in Carlisle, but I think I'd rather see these guys.

"The recently formed Edinburgh Blues Club has identified an appetite for the personal communication between musicians and audience that the blues long ago perfected." The Herald Newspaper (Scotland)

As a fan of southern Rock I’m really intrigued by this band, love what I’ve heard so far and can’t wait until the CD is released in the UK.

I’ve been googling and found some more reviews of the CD. All raving about it, of course.

bluesinthenorthwest

bmansbluesreport

music-news

Express

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

34 (edited by Greenose 2012-05-18 18:29:31)

Great reviews from Graham Rhodes and Andy Snipper there Phil, both of whom really know their music. Here's one from Pete Feenstra:

http://www.getreadytorock.com/reviews20 … erhood.htm

Roger62 wrote:

brilliant cd, going to be tough to hear anything better in 2012

http://youtu.be/N6McpGtRMSI

It may be brilliant but what about another 2012 cd releasing in a couple days by a guy you may have heard of .LOL

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

gary wrote:
Roger62 wrote:

brilliant cd, going to be tough to hear anything better in 2012

http://youtu.be/N6McpGtRMSI

It may be brilliant but what about another 2012 cd releasing in a couple days by a guy you may have heard of .LOL

Not to mention promoting it on the eve of its release on national TV!!!

Rock The Vote,

J Dawg