Topic: I told you guys he was a monster!

Had a cool moment at work yesterday. Im the first letter carrier to start work in the morning, my case is next to the time clock. At 7:30 there were 25 co-workers ready to clock in, I turn around and say to my Bonamassa buddy "Joe is tearing Europe up, Jeff Beck and Gary Moore were back stage in London for a show". Tim my friend says with some dissapointment in his voice " great the greatest guitar player in the world is taking off to stardom and I cant even get my wife to let me fly down to L.A. to watch him play".
Ears perked up in the line "who's this guy" I hear from one person. Andy another friend backs Tim up with " that guy is a freak, I have never seen someone tweak a guitar like that". After a few minutes I've got three people lined up to borrow my DVD's. If i can get them back from my neighbors i my get some new street team friends!

Re: I told you guys he was a monster!

way to go. A street team hat trick for shredit.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

3 (edited by Shredit 2007-05-17 07:25:59)

Good evening people!

Had to check in before ni night.

I'm working this morning, a coworker comes up behind me. " hey Dave I hear your the guy to see around here" . I look at him, " whats up bubba, need a sandwich or somethin". This guy I've known since moving to Sac town 13 years ago. " no, I hear your the Joe Bonamassa expert around here ". When I'm working, only two things will get me to stop me in my tracks, music and sports. I look ole Roger over, we always talk baseball, make that nothing but baseball. He grew up in St. Louis, and he's this huge Cardinal fan, even bought me a pro hat. He has all my attention now " you know who he is", I'm surprised, he never has mentioned any kind of music since I've known him. He smiles " they play him all the time on XM 74, it's called "bluesville". I looking at him a little different now, "yeah I've heard that, dont have XM myself though. What songs of his do they play". He looked a little embarassed, he knows me well enough to know I'm going to mess with him now. " I cant recall the names, but he's pretty good." I thought I'd cut him some slack, hell, I dont want to lose a Joe fan right! I smile and say," I'm going to bring in my 2 dvd's for you to listen to, but I need them back by Sat., were seeing him in So. Cal this weekend." He looked happy to here that, seems he's this big blues fan.

I'll get these guys on board, or I'll strong arm them! (LOL)

Good night.........Shred

4 (edited by photogal 2007-05-16 00:21:20)

Shred,

Cardinal fans are spread all across this great country. Even though I do not know your friend at work. Tell him that another Cardnial fan and Joe fan said hi! He has good taste in baseball teams!

~Rhonda

#4 Yadier Molina.....mmmm mmmm mmmmm. Fastest gun in the league. Baseball that is.

"I don't think obsessions have reasons, that's why they're obsessions....National Geographic likes their pictures in focus..." Robert Kincaid

BluesMan wrote:

Hey Shred,

Good work fellow Steet Team man. I've been converting people in my office one by one. Some are old stick in the muds, but it's like everything.......some you can convert and some you can't. Once we get closer to November when Joe comes to Wisconsin, I'll be busy converting everyone in the building. Hey, maybe we can come up with a way to Bonamassahypnotize people!!

Joe can do the Bonamassahypnotizing himself... just gotta lead them to the water...
big_smile
Julie in Green Bay