Re: Gigliotti Guitars

I'm really late to this post, and new to the forum, but FWIW...

Patrick Gigliotti is a terrific guy - really humble -  and an amazing instrument innovator. I bought and play #2, a beautiful white tele with an aluminum f-hole top. I'll vouch for his character any day - he's exceptionally kind, very honest, and a complete professional.

I've never heard another instrument like his.

Everyone who plays my Gigliotti is completely knocked-out by the depth tone and musicality. It never sounds metallic to me - I've used it for rock, blues, country, funk, and prog with clean, dirty, tube, solid-state tones..... it always sounds like an outstanding electric guitar. I can't say this about any of my other axes, and I have quite a few. Teamed it up with BadCat, 65amps, Fender, THD, and some custom amps for an out-of-body tonefest.

It inspires me to play better.

If you're in the Nashville-area just drop a line - you're always welcomed to play her, 'cause this gem is for playin'. And I love introducing folks to Patrick's brilliance.

And for the skeptics, I have nothing to do with Gigliotti guitars, Patrick's business, nor do I sell these guitars. Patrick has no idea I'm writing this, but I felt compelled to respond to others' concerns. It's not cheap, but it is damn well worth every penny.

38 (edited by mlange 2007-07-03 10:48:56)

Jane H. wrote:

mlange do you have a band? and/or myspace?
thanks!

I'm quite lame for the current media-matic world. No myspace - however, in working on a teriffic children's album with Eric Ode, he's posted some pics and clips. Todd Babbit (outstanding player & great guy, too) is seen playing my beautiful Gigliotti:

http://www.ericode.com/when_you_smile_studio_photos.htm

http://www.ericode.com/scrapbook.htm

BTW - if you have young kids (3-9), Eric's the real meal deal - great music & a passion for encouraging children's creativity. Plus lots of Gigliotti smile

39 (edited by gsj 2007-07-03 17:09:07)

Thanks for the inspiring insight from a Gigliotti owner.... I've been late getting myself organised to do this...moved house recently and just finding my feet in the new place....but the order will be placed very soon.

mlange wrote:

I'm really late to this post, and new to the forum, but FWIW...

Patrick Gigliotti is a terrific guy - really humble -  and an amazing instrument innovator. I bought and play #2, a beautiful white tele with an aluminum f-hole top. I'll vouch for his character any day - he's exceptionally kind, very honest, and a complete professional.

I've never heard another instrument like his.

Everyone who plays my Gigliotti is completely knocked-out by the depth tone and musicality. It never sounds metallic to me - I've used it for rock, blues, country, funk, and prog with clean, dirty, tube, solid-state tones..... it always sounds like an outstanding electric guitar. I can't say this about any of my other axes, and I have quite a few. Teamed it up with BadCat, 65amps, Fender, THD, and some custom amps for an out-of-body tonefest.

It inspires me to play better.

If you're in the Nashville-area just drop a line - you're always welcomed to play her, 'cause this gem is for playin'. And I love introducing folks to Patrick's brilliance.

And for the skeptics, I have nothing to do with Gigliotti guitars, Patrick's business, nor do I sell these guitars. Patrick has no idea I'm writing this, but I felt compelled to respond to others' concerns. It's not cheap, but it is damn well worth every penny.

never give up, never slow down
never grow old, never ever die young

gsj wrote:

Thanks for the inspiring insight from a Gigliotti owner.... I've been late getting myself organised to do this...moved house recently and just finding my feet in the new place....but the order will be placed very soon.

I hope your love yours as much as I do mine. Patrick pays such attention to the details. Enjoy!

Cheers,

Mark

mlange wrote:

Hey mlange,

I will be in Nashville on July 16 for a Photoshop seminar, but I don't dare play the guitar! I photograph em', but don't play em'! lol

~Rhonda

"I don't think obsessions have reasons, that's why they're obsessions....National Geographic likes their pictures in focus..." Robert Kincaid

I love the look of Joe's guitar, but more importantly, is the sound, to me it sounds like no Tele type I have ever heard, does anyone know what pickups he has installed on it (The Rockplast gig). Any help would be great, I may save up my pennies and invest in a pair.

Jon

Crazy old Scottish person, still playing, still learning.

43 (edited by mlange 2007-07-05 06:32:20)

photogal wrote:

I will be in Nashville on July 16 for a Photoshop seminar, but I don't dare play the guitar! I photograph em', but don't play em'! lol ~Rhonda

Hey Rhonda- Drop me an email- mlange-at-muzicmd-dot-com - we can check schedules.

Cheers,

Mark

The Gigliotti has to wait....I've just bought another Nik Huber 'Dolphin'.....and my wife's gonna kill me!!

never give up, never slow down
never grow old, never ever die young

never heard of it.  now I get to look it up!

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool