Topic: Joe in Guitarist mag in UK

Just discovered Joe from a DVD lesson in guitarist magazine in UK. Haven't been so excited about a guitar player since EC & SRV.He is playing in UK in September, so I am lucky to be able to see him live so soon.Just bought Blues Deluxe CD, I love it.Well worth tracking down June issue of Guitarist mag if you can find it, lesson + interview on accompanying DVD

Re: Joe in Guitarist mag in UK

claptonfan wrote:

Just discovered Joe from a DVD lesson in guitarist magazine in UK. Haven't been so excited about a guitar player since EC & SRV.He is playing in UK in September, so I am lucky to be able to see him live so soon.Just bought Blues Deluxe CD, I love it.Well worth tracking down June issue of Guitarist mag if you can find it, lesson + interview on accompanying DVD

Hello and Welcome claptonfan to the Joe Bonamassa Message Board,
I heard about this issue of Guitarist, but the issue is a little delayed in the states, so I have to check again and see if it's hit our stores yet. My understanding is one of writers of Guitarist (Simon Bradley) only recently discovered Joe through the Live at Rockpalast DVD and had the same reaction as you!!  He got Joe's entire catalouge and invited him into the studio back in February and was quite impressed and told me he thought Joe was a fine bloke, as well as talented. Of course, all the fans here already knew that!

E-mail me if you would like a CD of a live Bonamassa concert.  Most venues allow fans to record the show, so the CD is with permission. If you go back to the home page at the bottom right you can go to links.  You can listen to lots of Joe's music at the Stu Craig's Joe Bonamassa Tribute. Also, if you didn't pick up Joe's "You and Me", you have another special treat in store, it is amazing!!

Welcome again, from one Clapton and Bonamassa fan to another!  Did you catch Clapton on his recent journey through the UK? I would have loved to been at that Highclere Castle, although my friend tells me the weather did not cooperate, otherwise it was perfect!  She also went to the Royal Albert Hall show.  I'll be seeing Clapton  in October in Philadelphia.

Regards,
Angela

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

Would anyone please be able to upload a scan of this article?

Thanks

-Jess
Check out my band Beth and The Black Cat Bones http://www.myspace.com/bethandtheblackcatbones
Also my own page for my guitar playing http://www.myspace.com/jesszub

Jess wrote:

Thanks

Not so much of an article Jess, Joe on DVD demonstrating his technique, talking about his influences etc, but there is tab in mag for some of the licks Joe plays on DVD

Angela wrote:
claptonfan wrote:

Hello and Welcome claptonfan to the Joe Bonamassa Message Board,
I heard about this issue of Guitarist, but the issue is a little delayed in the states, so I have to check again and see if it's hit our stores yet. My understanding is one of writers of Guitarist (Simon Bradley) only recently discovered Joe through the Live at Rockpalast DVD and had the same reaction as you!!  He got Joe's entire catalouge and invited him into the studio back in February and was quite impressed and told me he thought Joe was a fine bloke, as well as talented. Of course, all the fans here already knew that!

E-mail me if you would like a CD of a live Bonamassa concert.  Most venues allow fans to record the show, so the CD is with permission. If you go back to the home page at the bottom right you can go to links.  You can listen to lots of Joe's music at the Stu Craig's Joe Bonamassa Tribute. Also, if you didn't pick up Joe's "You and Me", you have another special treat in store, it is amazing!!

Welcome again, from one Clapton and Bonamassa fan to another!  Did you catch Clapton on his recent journey through the UK? I would have loved to been at that Highclere Castle, although my friend tells me the weather did not cooperate, otherwise it was perfect!  She also went to the Royal Albert Hall show.  I'll be seeing Clapton  in October in Philadelphia.

Regards,
Angela

Hi Angela, didn't get to see Eric this time around,saw him last year,his blues playing just gets better, great line up too, but I hear even better band this tour!
Wasn't sure if you could get guitarist in the states, but it seems you can.There is some great close up footage on the DVD of Joe demonstrating techniques and playing licks he picked up from Clapton, SRV, BB etc.Some of the licks are tabbed in mag.I'm sure you'll love it. I will be picking up "You and Me" as soon as it's available in UK stores, I think in a few days.
Thanks for the reply, and have fun in Philadelphia!

claptonfan wrote:
Jess wrote:

Thanks

Not so much of an article Jess, Joe on DVD demonstrating his technique, talking about his influences etc, but there is tab in mag for some of the licks Joe plays on DVD

The tab in teh mag would be great if anyone could upload it. Thanks.

-Jess
Check out my band Beth and The Black Cat Bones http://www.myspace.com/bethandtheblackcatbones
Also my own page for my guitar playing http://www.myspace.com/jesszub