Re: Hey Guys, It's Brett

guido wrote:
zeppvin wrote:

As they used to say in Texas back in the 70's....

I got here as fast as I could  big_smile   That said, I'm an older than dirt NEW fan of Mr. Joe..and love, love, love his music.

I am following on FB and am watching for tour dates, etc.

I would like to know if ya'll are going to be ANYwhere around Texas, OK, Ark, NM, Colorado, etc. so that I can catch up to this guy to watch LIVE???

I fell in love with his music etc. the first time I heard him play online just a few weeks ago.  Sadly, I was totally in the dark before, but love the sound and everything about it/his music!

Thanks Brett for taking this forum on, and specifically this thread.

I'll watch for info.

Zeppvin,

Welcome to the forum. If you check out the Tour Dates section on this site, you'll see that Joe is playing Houston, Austin and San Antonio at the beginning of Dec. Get your Tix ASAP as there are a lot of fans down your way and the venues could sell out.

Thanks, will do!

Its_Brett wrote:
ldonyo wrote:

Any chance of him adding a Tucson date for the fall tour? I know Joe will be in Phoenix in December, but it's a mid-week show and I can't make a two-and-a-half hour drive each way to see him and still get to work the following day. Joe was awesome last February at the Fox Theatre in Tucson and I was hoping he would make a return visit soon. Plus, he could do a little more shopping at the Chicago Music Store! ;-)

Hey- I don't think anymore shows will be added this tour... We are so happy that everyone wants Joe to add shows, All I will say is that 2012 will have more dates and we are trying to perform everywhere..

Jam On,
Brett

Well can I toss my hat into the ring for next year in Sacramento or maybe the new Folsom Community College theater? I'm still a litte anxious about having to go to downtown Oakland this year. I'll do it, but I ain't gotta like it!

Why don't we eliminate all the warning labels and let things sort themselves out?

jim m wrote:
guido wrote:

Brett and Rocket,
I hope that you both realize that my comments were strictly meant to be tongue in cheek and not truly serious. I hope this clears it up.

I'm guessing they both didn't catch the humor in your message. For that matter neither did I. However I do now and that was kind of funny.

I'll try to work on my delivery then.

Why don't we eliminate all the warning labels and let things sort themselves out?

a request on the merchandise front for you Brett-any chance of a pin badge,possibly guitar shaped,along the lines of the Hard Rock Cafe type,or would there be copywright problems with Gibson,do you think?

Come on you Blades!

Brack wrote:
Erless wrote:

I guess I have to tell that am new here as well, but I have been on JBXP for some time, and been a big fan for some years. First song I ever played on stage by myself was High Water Everywhere. So his music means a lot to me.

Hi Eriess, and welcome, this thread  http://www.jbonamassa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3696  may help you with your question.

Thank you. That thread has been a lot of help many times, but am looking for more of the new stuff from the album The Ballad Of John Henry and Dust Bowl.

idolbone wrote:

a request on the merchandise front for you Brett-any chance of a pin badge,possibly guitar shaped,along the lines of the Hard Rock Cafe type,or would there be copywright problems with Gibson,do you think?

Hey- Funny you ask about it. Many fans have asked about this and we are working on a few ideas (guitar shape, circle..etc) I'll keep you posted on it.

I have been so happy that fans let us know what they want. I know some fans think we are putting out too much merch, but each item is usually requested multiple times and we are trying to have a good selection so that you guys can get the shirt or mug.. that best suits your style.

Thanks for the support JAM ON!
BRett

JAM ON! - Brett

79 (edited by Angela 2011-08-28 22:43:43)

This is a great idea and I really appreciate the interest in fans questions and comments.

I have 3 questions.

1. At a show a while back, Joe made a comment about the album So Its Like That.  What is it about the outcome of SILT that Joe doesn't like?  (SUCH A GREAT ALBUM, GOT ME HOOKED ON JOE!!)

2. Joe bought a sitar a few years back while in India. Did he ever get much time to play around with it and if so, is it harder than a guitar to play, any details, etc?

3. My cousin Elisa Guida, who is the founder of The StringsforaCURE Foundation is accompanying me to see Joe in Philadelphia on November 12th. Since Joe was the first guitarist to donate his strings and kick off the foundation, Elisa would really like to meet him, thank him personally and if he'd like to be photographed donating more strings, that could be arranged as well.  wink Can you ask Joe if this is possible?  (totally understand how busy he is, even a couple of minutes would be appreciated)  smile
http://stringsforacure.com/

Thank you very much in advance Brett and this is really a fantastic idea!!   smile

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.

Hi Brett,
On average how many nights a year does Joe spend touring?
How many countries does he usually cover during each tour?

Thanks in advance!

becks:) wrote:

Hi Brett,
On average how many nights a year does Joe spend touring?
How many countries does he usually cover during each tour?

Thanks in advance!

Hi becks, and welcome! Maybe some of us here can answer that.... Joe has in the past, performs 200 + shows a year, as to countries.... go have a look at Joe's tour schedule this year, inc BCC and count the countries!

GOOD KARMA - http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3zkw … o1_500.jpg
Avatar Credit: D.Hirst,Olympic Union Flag
Adele: RAH http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Oio8V3e3WU&ob=av2e -
We Are The Champ20ns

Angela wrote:

This is a great idea and I really appreciate the interest in fans questions and comments.

I have 3 questions.

1. At a show a while back, Joe made a comment about the album So Its Like That.  What is it about the outcome of SILT that Joe doesn't like?  (SUCH A GREAT ALBUM, GOT ME HOOKED ON JOE!!)

2. Joe bought a sitar a few years back while in India. Did he ever get much time to play around with it and if so, is it harder than a guitar to play, any details, etc?

3. My cousin Elisa Guida, who is the founder of The StringsforaCURE Foundation is accompanying me to see Joe in Philadelphia on November 12th. Since Joe was the first guitarist to donate his strings and kick off the foundation, Elisa would really like to meet him, thank him personally and if he'd like to be photographed donating more strings, that could be arranged as well.  wink Can you ask Joe if this is possible?  (totally understand how busy he is, even a couple of minutes would be appreciated)  smile

Thank you very much in advance Brett and this is really a fantastic idea!!   smile

Great question Angela on SILT I know even Joe knows it well liked by many here.It is different in that's its not a blues cd.Liker to hear what his thoughts on it are

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

Angela wrote:

I have 3 questions.

Hey- Great questions:
1- I'll add to my list of questions to ask for the next "On The road with joe"
2- Sitar I'll ask him about as well.
3- Shoot me an e-mail at brett@jr-adventures.com with the subject :Strings for a cure - name,city, show your going too..etc

thanks,
Jam On,
Brett

JAM ON! - Brett

84 (edited by Oasis.Guitar 2011-08-29 10:52:50)

Indy wrote:

Hi Brett,
One question I would like to ask Joe is how he approached his voice training.  While Joe's guitar playing and song writing skills have increased exponentially I am really impressed with the quality of his singing over the years.  Specifically, what program did he follow or what exercises did he do? Or still works on?

Thanks for the opportunity Brett and looking forward to seeing Joe in Philly come November.

+1...  I'd really be interested to know how much time he puts into "practicing" vocal exercises as well as what vocal exercises helped him the most.

Oasis.Guitar wrote:
Indy wrote:

Hi Brett,
One question I would like to ask Joe is how he approached his voice training.  While Joe's guitar playing and song writing skills have increased exponentially I am really impressed with the quality of his singing over the years.  Specifically, what program did he follow or what exercises did he do? Or still works on?

Thanks for the opportunity Brett and looking forward to seeing Joe in Philly come November.

+1...  I'd really be interested to know how much time he puts into "practicing" vocal exercises as well as what vocal exercises helped him the most.

Hey- Joe's guitar practicing never ends, off the road he is always playing and keeping the fingers warm. The Vocal stuff I will be asking him.

JAM ON! - Brett

86 (edited by Oasis.Guitar 2011-08-29 10:56:44)

Thanks Brett...that's really nice of you...

I'd also be interested on his thoughts on the possibility of providing video lessons.  Robben Ford recently started his "guitar dojo"...which is a brilliant idea.

http://www.robbenfordguitardojo.com/

Its_Brett wrote:
Angela wrote:

I have 3 questions.

Hey- Great questions:
1- I'll add to my list of questions to ask for the next "On The road with joe"
2- Sitar I'll ask him about as well.
3- Shoot me an e-mail at brett@jr-adventures.com with the subject :Strings for a cure - name,city, show your going too..etc

thanks,
Jam On,
Brett

THANKS Brett.  I'm gonna' tag on 2 other questions which are related to the 3rd question referencing Joe playing the Academy of Music in Philadelphia on November 12th.

There is a music reviewer who writes for the Philadelphia Inquirier, circulation 800,000 and also online.  I've written to him before about Joe, but I'd like to write to him again, ask him to attend the show and tie in some other things about this gorgeous venue, which is modeled after The LaScala Opera House in Milan, Italy and this kicka$$ guitarist whose last name is vowel intensively melodic and of course, Italian.  wink

S0...

4.  I would like to know details about Joe's ancestors' musical endeavors.  I know his dad Len plays guitar and is involved in selling guitars. Did Len ever actively play gigs with a band or tour?  Is Len preference for a Fender or a Gibson? (that's for my curiosity, skip if I'm too nosey)   Joe's Grandfather, Great-grandfather....did they play or substitute for one of the big bands? If so, what big band?  I'd love to hear the details such as: the instrument played, were the relatives all on his dad's side, etc. etc. ? (OK, multi-faceted question, but you get my drift)  smile

5.  Has Joe or anyone in his family ever researched his family lineage back to Italy?  If so, does he know what region his ancestors  are from? I thought I heard he had roots in Sicily, but that's just here say.

Thanks again, I will be in touch on #3 and I promise to give others a turn.   tongue

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.

88 (edited by Rocket 2011-08-29 15:39:58)

lol  lol  lol  lol  lol
Angela, I can't help it!  You ask all those questions basically trying to track down Joe's family and heritage and then you worry about asking a guitar preference of Dad maybe being a little nosey!!!!!!  tongue  tongue  tongue  tongue  tongue  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol
Love it, Love you!

Rock ON & Keep the Highly Inquisitive Investigative Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Dear Angela...if you find a horse head in your bed please try and log in and tell us before you totally disappear...thanks!  hmm

Everyone is born a genius, but the process of living de-geniuses them.
R. Buckminster Fuller

Has Joe and/or his management explored the possibillity of getting more involved in the ticketing process for his shows? There have been many of us frustrated by tickets offered for recent shows even during pre-sales let alone when they go on sale to the general public. It seems that too many of the most desired seats are getting into the hands of the resellers. Thanks!