Re: Hey Guys, It's Brett

Brett: Just wanted to say Thank You for doing this and taking your time to reach out to the fans. I also want to thank Joe for playing such inspirational music with unbelievable passion and soul. I am proud to have been a fan for years and have a blast introducing him to others and watching their reactions when they sit and listen...they are blown away as I always am every time I cue me up some JB!

Hi, am a big fan from Norway and am going to have my Bachelor exam next year. For that exam am going to play ten or maybe more of Joe's songs. I think I will be able to listen and hear out a big bit of it, but is there somehow I could get tabs, or some kind of help on some of the songs? I would gladly pay for it. I know there are some books out there. I already have my Blues Delux signed book smile

guido wrote:

Brett and Rocket,
I hope that you both realize that my comments were strictly meant to be tongue in cheek and not truly serious. I hope this clears it up.

I understood and so was mine!  big_smile Your delivery made me laugh pretty good!  lol

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Hey Brett!
I love this idea of interacting more with fans, it's great.

My question is, how or where can you send letters personally to Joe? And do you know if he maybe would read it? (:
Thanks!

I've noticed lots of newbies now posting here..... welcome to you all !

Brett, you're going to be one busy boy!

GOOD KARMA - http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3zkw … o1_500.jpg
Avatar Credit: D.Hirst,Olympic Union Flag
Adele: RAH http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Oio8V3e3WU&ob=av2e -
We Are The Champ20ns

60 (edited by sikaudio 2011-08-28 06:35:17)

Brack wrote:

HA!  yeah, I agree.  I joined JBXP a while ago.... But when I saw this post by Brett I had to hit this forum.
   Thank again Brett for your time on this one.

I'm a Massive Fan of JB's tone & gear he uses.  A few of my favourite guitars in my collection are USA Gibson LPs.
  So....My question is about his rig.  I know there is a bit of info on it on youtube & the web.   Most of it is over a year old.
   Has JB changed  much on his Pedal board, Speaker's in his Cabs (still EV??)  or Amps lately?   
Big Q's I know  wink   But,  I am on a mission to get some of that TONE this Mr Tone King has got going on....he cant Hog it all now!

Cheers mate.

As they used to say in Texas back in the 70's....

I got here as fast as I could  big_smile   That said, I'm an older than dirt NEW fan of Mr. Joe..and love, love, love his music.

I am following on FB and am watching for tour dates, etc.

I would like to know if ya'll are going to be ANYwhere around Texas, OK, Ark, NM, Colorado, etc. so that I can catch up to this guy to watch LIVE???

I fell in love with his music etc. the first time I heard him play online just a few weeks ago.  Sadly, I was totally in the dark before, but love the sound and everything about it/his music!

Thanks Brett for taking this forum on, and specifically this thread!

I'll watch for info.

62 (edited by guido 2011-08-28 08:11:54)

zeppvin wrote:

As they used to say in Texas back in the 70's....

I got here as fast as I could  big_smile   That said, I'm an older than dirt NEW fan of Mr. Joe..and love, love, love his music.

I am following on FB and am watching for tour dates, etc.

I would like to know if ya'll are going to be ANYwhere around Texas, OK, Ark, NM, Colorado, etc. so that I can catch up to this guy to watch LIVE???

I fell in love with his music etc. the first time I heard him play online just a few weeks ago.  Sadly, I was totally in the dark before, but love the sound and everything about it/his music!

Thanks Brett for taking this forum on, and specifically this thread.

I'll watch for info.

Zeppvin,

Welcome to the forum. If you check out the Tour Dates section on this site, you'll see that Joe is playing Houston, Austin and San Antonio at the beginning of Dec. Get your Tix ASAP as there are a lot of fans down your way and the venues could sell out.

Why don't we eliminate all the warning labels and let things sort themselves out?

sikaudio wrote:
Brack wrote:

HA!  yeah, I agree.  I joined JBXP a while ago.... But when I saw this post by Brett I had to hit this forum.
   Thank again Brett for your time on this one.

I'm a Massive Fan of JB's tone & gear he uses.  A few of my favourite guitars in my collection are USA Gibson LPs.
  So....My question is about his rig.  I know there is a bit of info on it on youtube & the web.   Most of it is over a year old.
   Has JB changed  much on his Pedal board, Speaker's in his Cabs (still EV??)  or Amps lately?   
Big Q's I know  wink   But,  I am on a mission to get some of that TONE this Mr Tone King has got going on....he cant Hog it all now!

Cheers mate.

Hi sikaudio, welcome, first check out the "gear" section - your questions could well be answered there.

We Are The Champ20ns

Its_Brett wrote:

Hey guys, It's Brett :

If you have any questions for Joe or myself, comments, advice, tips.. etc. Ask away. I will be doing more "On The Road with Joe Bonamassa" videos this year. I want to try to throw in a Q&A with joe, so let me know your thoughts.

I will also be letting you guys know about the latest stuff. Joe has a FULL Fall tour starting soon, he is starting work on his new album, we got new Joe merch coming too... and a great new video segment soon.

Tune in, Drop In, Drop Out, and Fall

Jam On,
Brett

I would like to welcome Brett as an official member of the Joe B team to the forum. I know the office is a busy place and that this forum usually only receives any attention when it is malfunctioning, but believe that having someone regularly check in here is long overdue. There are many people that get their updates here and only here as they have not participated in the social networking craze. They don't realize that this is it's own unique social network but that is a topic for another day. smile The people here are welcoming to the new fans but want this place to stay unchanged in its look and feel. Things are changing at a rapid pace in Joe's world but we here are just a little bit slower to change.

We do things a little differently here we kind of like to share things as we discover them. A Facebook post by Joe is shared here so people don't miss out on things. New dates are shared here and even on sale dates and pre-sale passwords are passed to recognized personalities. We want to get to know the people here so hope you can just be yourself here and not a marketing guy. Keep us informed of things going on. Treat us with respect because this forum existed long before Myspace, Facebook, and Twitter. This was the gateway to Joe's initial success. It is hallowed ground for some.

Again we welcome the participation here. Anything I can do to help you get the feel and vibe that is this forum let me know.

Jim

I guess I have to tell that am new here as well, but I have been on JBXP for some time, and been a big fan for some years. First song I ever played on stage by myself was High Water Everywhere. So his music means a lot to me.

Erless wrote:

I guess I have to tell that am new here as well, but I have been on JBXP for some time, and been a big fan for some years. First song I ever played on stage by myself was High Water Everywhere. So his music means a lot to me.

Hi Eriess, and welcome, this thread  http://www.jbonamassa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3696  may help you with your question.

We Are The Champ20ns

Any chance of him adding a Tucson date for the fall tour? I know Joe will be in Phoenix in December, but it's a mid-week show and I can't make a two-and-a-half hour drive each way to see him and still get to work the following day. Joe was awesome last February at the Fox Theatre in Tucson and I was hoping he would make a return visit soon. Plus, he could do a little more shopping at the Chicago Music Store! ;-)

BethG wrote:

I'm a new JB fan -- discovered him from a Shannon Curfman song -- and Joe's songs and albums have a high play count on my iPod ever since!   How did I not know about this guy?     Anyway, I'd like to know who does Joe Bonamassa listen to??

Great question Beth! It would seem to me that Joe listens to a lot of genres from what Brett listed as a small sample.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

gary wrote:
BethG wrote:

I'm a new JB fan -- discovered him from a Shannon Curfman song -- and Joe's songs and albums have a high play count on my iPod ever since!   How did I not know about this guy?     Anyway, I'd like to know who does Joe Bonamassa listen to??

Great question Beth! It would seem to me that Joe listens to a lot of genres from what Brett listed as a small sample.

I would add ... Metallica & Iron Maiden  !

We Are The Champ20ns

guido wrote:

Brett and Rocket,
I hope that you both realize that my comments were strictly meant to be tongue in cheek and not truly serious. I hope this clears it up.

I'm guessing they both didn't catch the humor in your message. For that matter neither did I. However I do now and that was kind of funny.

Frenchy1969 wrote:

Brett: Just wanted to say Thank You for doing this and taking your time to reach out to the fans. I also want to thank Joe for playing such inspirational music with unbelievable passion and soul. I am proud to have been a fan for years and have a blast introducing him to others and watching their reactions when they sit and listen...they are blown away as I always am every time I cue me up some JB!

Hey- Glad you dig this thread, I'll add the SRV questions to my list for the next "On The Road with Joe"

Thanks for the comments

JAM ON! - Brett

ldonyo wrote:

Any chance of him adding a Tucson date for the fall tour? I know Joe will be in Phoenix in December, but it's a mid-week show and I can't make a two-and-a-half hour drive each way to see him and still get to work the following day. Joe was awesome last February at the Fox Theatre in Tucson and I was hoping he would make a return visit soon. Plus, he could do a little more shopping at the Chicago Music Store! ;-)

Hey- I don't think anymore shows will be added this tour... We are so happy that everyone wants Joe to add shows, All I will say is that 2012 will have more dates and we are trying to perform everywhere..

Jam On,
Brett

JAM ON! - Brett