Re: Hey Guys, It's Brett

Hey Guys, I wanted to ask you guys an question

Do you like Joe's weekly newsletters? If not, please tell me your thoughts.

Jam On,
Brett

JAM ON! - Brett

Sorry, what weekly newsletter are you referring to?

Thanks,
Jim

jclark42796 wrote:

Thanks,
Jim

Go to www.jbonamassa.com and you can enter your e-mail to receive joe's weekly newsletter with new show dates, news, guitar of the week, shirts, gear, and specials.

Jam On
Brett

JAM ON! - Brett

Its_Brett wrote:
jclark42796 wrote:

Thanks,
Jim

Go to www.jbonamassa.com and you can enter your e-mail to receive joe's weekly newsletter with new show dates, news, guitar of the week, shirts, gear, and specials.

Jam On
Brett

The weekly newsletter is great (didn't realize the periodic emails were a weekly newsletter big_smile)   I typically read about most of the news via the forum, but it's a nice rollup in case I miss something.  I ordered a spring tour shirt after seeing the newsletter.

Jim

I don't mind them, but wish there was more news content and less of the merchandise promotion. On occasion they border on, "Hey let's try to sell the new Joe Bonamassa necktie and matching handkerchief, include a news tidbit and call it a newsletter."

I'd suggest 2 separate mailings. How about sending out a newsletter that's a true NEWS letter. Then on alternating weeks you could send out something like a "Joe B Online Store Ezine" that advertises featured products and a weekly special or something.

Just an idea.

Stu Craig wrote:

I don't mind them, but wish there was more news content and less of the merchandise promotion. On occasion they border on, "Hey let's try to sell the new Joe Bonamassa necktie and matching handkerchief, include a news tidbit and call it a newsletter."

I'd suggest 2 separate mailings. How about sending out a newsletter that's a true NEWS letter. Then on alternating weeks you could send out something like a "Joe B Online Store Ezine" that advertises featured products and a weekly special or something.

Just an idea.

Agree.

jim m wrote:
Stu Craig wrote:

Just an idea.

Agree.

I would also agree. An excellent idea. It seems the more stuff I see in the store, the more unlikely I have become to buy any of it.

Lee wrote:
jim m wrote:
Stu Craig wrote:

Just an idea.

Agree.

I would also agree. An excellent idea. It seems the more stuff I see in the store, the more unlikely I have become to buy any of it.

Put me down for agree number 3.

Roy

Joe is the Best!

Jane H. wrote:

well I think I figured it out at least a little. i think the orginal email or something about this made it seem like maybe something different in my head?
The website link to 'about' in one place takes you to a page saying you need to update your browser, so that is part of the confusion. On a different page when I clicked 'about' it took me to what it was about.
So basically the scannable code on the shirt should take you to the website page that talks about that shirt design, not your own personal web url as I kind of thought it might.

my next prediction is that there is a 50-50 chance Brett will come tell us about the Earth Day shirt (part of proceeds donated)

Dang I thought the shirt was going to beam me up Scotty!

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

Ladies, the better half walked in from work with a brand new Crystallized Love Bonamassa shirt on. That is one killer product. It has "bat wing"?? (that is how she described it) sleeves and a scoop neck. The sequined front is AWESOME! Men, surprise your lady. You will be proud to be seen with her when she wears it.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Lee wrote:
jim m wrote:
Stu Craig wrote:

Just an idea.

Agree.

Another agree.

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

Ok, this can't continue.

Jam on Brett's last appearance here was on Jan. 27. Numerous questions have been asked since then. I have written to Larry on three occasions now asking for clarification about Brett's status, and have received zilch in reply. I have asked Troy to remind Larry. Nothing.

Meanwhile, there is also a long thread on Bonanation on FB on exactly this subject, the total lack of communication from the office (excluding Troy, who is here for forum IT-related issues, not for everything else). Many different people (almost all non-forum) have expressed their frustration there about a number of different things - the most important of which right now is the official confirming of Australian dates and the sending out of pre-sale info to Oz since tickets go on sale there this week!

If Brett is no longer at J&R, can someone else please take on the updating of this topic?

If he isn't, can someone else kindly come and perform the same function?

Can Larry start responding to his mail?

If not, can someone else take over from Alexis?

If not, can Alexis come back?

RIP Iron Man

Amsterhammer wrote:

Ok, this can't continue.

Jam on Brett's last appearance here was on Jan. 27. Numerous questions have been asked since then. I have written to Larry on three occasions now asking for clarification about Brett's status, and have received zilch in reply. I have asked Troy to remind Larry. Nothing.

Meanwhile, there is also a long thread on Bonanation on FB on exactly this subject, the total lack of communication from the office (excluding Troy, who is here for forum IT-related issues, not for everything else). Many different people (almost all non-forum) have expressed their frustration there about a number of different things - the most important of which right now is the official confirming of Australian dates and the sending out of pre-sale info to Oz since tickets go on sale there this week!

If Brett is no longer at J&R, can someone else please take on the updating of this topic?

If he isn't, can someone else kindly come and perform the same function?

Can Larry start responding to his mail?

If not, can someone else take over from Alexis?

If not, can Alexis come back?

I just got an email from brett@J&R regarding the new DTTD video, FWIW...

bonawho59 wrote:

Thanks for that input, at least we now know that he still works there. roll

RIP Iron Man

Amsterhammer wrote:
bonawho59 wrote:

Maybe they're all just very busy. I have no idea how many people work at J&R but with everything going on right now (current tour, S. American tour, Australian tour, the acoustic shows, email blasts etc etc) I'm sure they're busier than a port-o-potty at a peanut festival.

They're all doing the best they can and maybe we need to lower our expectations a bit.

286 (edited by Rocket 2012-05-01 12:54:21)

bonawho59 wrote:
Amsterhammer wrote:
bonawho59 wrote:

Maybe they're all just very busy. I have no idea how many people work at J&R but with everything going on right now (current tour, S. American tour, Australian tour, the acoustic shows, email blasts etc etc) I'm sure they're busier than a port-o-potty at a peanut festival.

They're all doing the best they can and maybe we need to lower our expectations a bit.

Good thing my expectations are lower than the dirt I just dumped outta my pockets............

Mini-Rocks Grounded ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

bonawho59 wrote:
Amsterhammer wrote:
bonawho59 wrote:

I can't envision things at J&R ever slowing down.  They do have their plates full, but that's why people are delegated jobs. Lower our expectations shouldn't be the option. That entails lower standards and how can that help Joe's career when his success has relied so heavily on fan participation. I admit to lingering frustrations after many mails with no response in re to Rus S playing with Joe as per Joe's request! When Joe told Tripsy he hadn't heard from Rus, well, my head spun as the pea soup flew out.  Now the issues with the Aussie shows looks sloppy at best.  And, our friends in Oz are eager to spread the word. Icare because, like everybody else, I want the best for Joe.   Cathy

Hey guys,

We've been very busy here at J&R with people leaving and working coming in. Joe is a busy guy and the tours are rocking! I will try to get back on this thread to answer all your questions. I have just released the new free single of joe's title track Driving Towards The Daylight.

Enjoy it and share it with your friends!

Jam On,
Brett

JAM ON! - Brett