Topic: Anyone seen Anthony Gomez?

He's coming to Shank Hall in Milwaukee and I'm just wondering if anyone has seen him and what your impression is ?

2 (edited by Stu Craig 2007-03-19 23:12:28)

Re: Anyone seen Anthony Gomez?

Anthony is entertaining, and puts on a good show. For me personally, a little Anthony goes a long ways. I've seen him once (and I am glad I went) but that was enough to last me a while. I prefer his studio stuff, some of which I really like - but I would not have any problems recommending you go see him if you never have. Anthony's got a real positive vibe and message in his music.

3 (edited by ohiodawg13 2007-03-20 04:14:51)

Mickey, I saw Anthony in Feb., he was very charismatic on stage. I thought he was technically pretty tight. Don't be put off by the spiritual vibe he exudes, it's not coming from a christian aspect, but just his message of peace, love, & happiness. Personally I thought he put on a better live gig than what you get on his CD, however it's all good. He's a lot funkier than Joe, but he did praise his Giglotti guitar. I will check him out next time he's around. I noticed on his website that he's going to audition for a new drummer, which was the only weak point in his show.

Think Green,

J Dawg

Oh, by the way it's Gomes, pronounced Goams, just for the record. I got it wrong at first too.

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

i saw an text endorsement commenting on gigliotti guitars on gigliotti's myspace page from Anthoney Gomez. Those guitars are like Ex-Caliber - the power is in your hands!

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Thanks for the info guys - I appreciate it !