1 (edited by sultan 2007-03-18 15:21:18)

Topic: silver jubilee

silver jubilee    where can i find info on these amps? no listing on marshalls website

Re: silver jubilee

Try Ebay, Marshall has't made these in a long time.  The Slash Marshall is similar.

they are rare amps. good luck finding one and then being able to afford it.  People wonder why joe tours with them because of their value and road abuse.

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

I actually saw one at guitar center a while back- it was pretty expensive (like $2000 or so) but I played through it and it was heaven- great sound out of these amps... good luck in your quest to find them... I think Joe tours with them because
a.) (obviously) he likes the sound and
b.) he probably has a good amount of them so if one breaks he still has more...

"Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things." - Woody Allen

http://www.last.fm/user/skynyrd128

What good would the amp be doing in a freaking closet when joe is on tour!?  bring them along!

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Being that they're not in production anymore, and the helter-skelter nature of amp production (reissues being notoriously not) he probably scafs them up when he sees them- they seem to be a fixture in the set up.
But I am sure you were yoking.

Just saw a Silver Jubilee Half Stack at a local guitar shop, price used was $2199.00

Just incase someone is looking for one...even Joe big_smile

Theres this new amp Marshall has out now that is pretty similar to it... it's the Vintage Modern amps... they have a master volume just like the Silver Jubilees and they don't sound half bad smile

"Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things." - Woody Allen

http://www.last.fm/user/skynyrd128

I gave you a hookup on one of those, natluS, but somebody snapped it up while you were dithering. They only have one row of knobs. neutral

Yeah we stock 'em. Very 'old school'. You ride the volume on the guitar to get your tones. They're for people who know what to do with a valve amp....not full of channel switching pyrotechnics and they're not a 'plug in and go' amp....you have to work at it.

never give up, never slow down
never grow old, never ever die young