Re: Bonaholic Bumper Sticker!!!!!

Bill S wrote:
Jane H. wrote:

I agree about the shipping Bill. it is a definite sales deterrent IMO. Has been for me.

and yeah i don't get it with the stickers. i am pretty sure the beer label one and the amp one are copyright infringement or could be and with what Cathy said which I also recall, it does not seem very "Joe" to me. I have made comments to them about both so I guess they are just unconcerned?
\anyway for as long as I have wanted stickers I don't plan on buying those but they are already popular so thats cool. Hope every body is decent with them. I would love to get more guitar truss ones or a small BCC sticker!

I don't want to appear to be whining on the shipping charges, I brought it up because the amount just really shocked me. No charge for the digital downloads though! :-D

Just did an experiment and ordered some T shirts for summer. Lighter colors and the Dust Bowl mug. Came to $86 plus $24 shipping. I here what your saying about shipping. They probably should add the phrase Shipping and Handling. You know how they offer free widgets if you buy a widget on TV. All you have to pay is S&H which is usually equal to the Widgets price. It may cost $12 to ship but it can cost whatever deemed necessary for handling. Somebody has to take it off the shelf wrap and run it down to the post office right?

Consumer has two rights to not pay it or pay it and complain. I think J & R wouldn't mind if you voiced your concerns. It might be a benefit of the Street Team, free shipping, but I'm not going to open that can of worms again. If things are selling like hot cakes than I guess the shipping price is not hurting sales. It is cheaper than flying to a nearby show and buying from the merch table right?

jim m wrote:

Consumer has two rights to not pay it or pay it and complain. I think J & R wouldn't mind if you voiced your concerns. It might be a benefit of the Street Team, free shipping, but I'm not going to open that can of worms again. If things are selling like hot cakes than I guess the shipping price is not hurting sales. It is cheaper than flying to a nearby show and buying from the merch table right? wink

I've waited to buy stuff at the shows and then find that, at least for the t-shirts anyways, things cost more (tee's are $5 more).  Like a lot of things these days they get you coming or going.

I agree - either put it as shipping AND handling, or offer the occassional break on the shipping.  I have started to order things and then decided not to because of the shipping costs.  After the fiasco with the Dustbowl pre-orders that came after the release date I have decided to wait and buy CD's when they show up in the stores.  I believe the shipping on the dustbowl CD's was more than $3, and instead of paying almost  $20 buck I go to my local Newbury Comics and buy it on sale the day it comes out - worked out well with BCC 2, it only cost me $10 and I supported my local record store.

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

samjp4 wrote:
jim m wrote:

Consumer has two rights to not pay it or pay it and complain. I think J & R wouldn't mind if you voiced your concerns. It might be a benefit of the Street Team, free shipping, but I'm not going to open that can of worms again. If things are selling like hot cakes than I guess the shipping price is not hurting sales. It is cheaper than flying to a nearby show and buying from the merch table right? wink

I've waited to buy stuff at the shows and then find that, at least for the t-shirts anyways, things cost more (tee's are $5 more).  Like a lot of things these days they get you coming or going.

I agree - either put it as shipping AND handling, or offer the occassional break on the shipping.  I have started to order things and then decided not to because of the shipping costs.  After the fiasco with the Dustbowl pre-orders that came after the release date I have decided to wait and buy CD's when they show up in the stores.  I believe the shipping on the dustbowl CD's was more than $3, and instead of paying almost  $20 buck I go to my local Newbury Comics and buy it on sale the day it comes out - worked out well with BCC 2, it only cost me $10 and I supported my local record store.

Sandy

Yes venues take a cut of the merch so they have to mark it up to keep the same margins. I have not ever had problems with the store and everything ships out so quickly that if they called Shipping and Handling it would make sense. I'm not so sure it wouldn't be better to price it the same as at the shows and offer free shipping. Not in the retail business just a consumer so it is just an opinion I can express. Feed back is what this forum is all about. You know Joe reads it and Alexis has been reading it more too. Sometimes I'll pass on the concerns expressed here if it needs immediate attention.

I'm with Jane, I like most of the stickers (wish the amp was one of Joe's actual amps), but I'm passing on these.  Maybe they'll go on my wishlist.  Still recovering from the litho purchase (that shipping cost makes sense to me after seeing the size of the box from #2).

I have also waited for a show only to find (and be frustrated by) the markup.  But understand that the venue gets a cut.   

I too did an experiment, I put the 2011 Gold Package in my cart:  $11.35 shipping

The package items individually added to my cart:  $19.05  shipping  roll

Something's not adding up right.

Assortment of Joe stickers over the years.  If you have any that are not shown I would be interested to see what they look like.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/15710780@N … /lightbox/

Music is good for the Soul...

David A. wrote:

Assortment of Joe stickers over the years.  If you have any that are not shown I would be interested to see what they look like.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/15710780@N … /lightbox/

That just put a big smile on my face  smile  thanks for sharing !

plj

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Very nice collection. I now see I'm missing one. What to do, what to do?  roll

JBLP (aged) 293, JBLP STD, JB ES-335, JBLP Studio, JBLP Goldtop Epi, JBLP Inverness Green Epi.

jddarden wrote:

Which one are you missing?

David A. wrote:
jddarden wrote:

The one on the top, left. Got one to sell?

JBLP (aged) 293, JBLP STD, JB ES-335, JBLP Studio, JBLP Goldtop Epi, JBLP Inverness Green Epi.

Jane H. wrote:

I have that on a t-shirt, not for sale smile
i don't think i have a spare sticker but if i find one you will be the first to know

Thanks! big_smile

Jane H. wrote:

here's a shot of the shirt (scored on ebay) after Joe finally told me the lyric in Mountain Time live
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b349/ … lyrics.jpg

and gotta give props to Larry G for sharing some of those stickers when I first started using Joe's forum, i will try to look around soon

Very cool shirt. I wouldn't sell it either.

jddarden wrote:
David A. wrote:
jddarden wrote:

I don't have one to sell but I can give you one!  It was on a piece of plexi-glass but I was able to get if off with no damage and put it on wax paper.  It is yours if you want it.  Just send me an email.

David A. wrote:
jddarden wrote:
David A. wrote:

I don't have one to sell but I can give you one!  It was on a piece of plexi-glass but I was able to get if off with no damage and put it on wax paper.  It is yours if you want it.  Just send me an email.

Thanks!

Another problem re ordering from outside the USA. Not just shipping costs, but import tax. I was charged £18 by UK customs when I ordered a tee from Joe's site, so I expected a big hit when I bought an Epiphone JB Sig Les Paul. $200 shipping, costly but I understand. But UK customs had me for another £150 before I could take delivery of my beautiful guitar. Andertons in the UK sell the standard JB sig model but not the inlay ego model, which I wanted. Plus I got the meet and greets with the guitar, which you dont get through Andertons, so worth every penny. But we do pay a premium if we want to buy official merch over here.