Re: Henrik Freischlader UK Tour

I'd think there should be some Tyne/Tees dates, it's Solid Entertainment putting on the whole tour.

Not sure the Caberet Voltaire is an ideal location for dragging a Hammond organ down the stairs though!

I agree with Blues Sissi, the new album House In The Woods is excellent, and it's a real band effort this time, recorded with his regular touring band.

"The recently formed Edinburgh Blues Club has identified an appetite for the personal communication between musicians and audience that the blues long ago perfected." The Herald Newspaper (Scotland)
http://www.edinburgh-blues.uk

92 (edited by BansheeUK 2012-12-21 03:50:35)

BansheeUK wrote:

Some more Henrik dates for the UK in 2013 sneaking out:-

Tues 29th Jan
London  100 Club

Wed 30th Jan
Norwich  Waterfront Studios

Thurs 31st Jan
Leeds Brundenell Social Club

Fri 1st Feb
Grimsby  Yardbirds   

Sat 2nd Feb
Darwen  Darwen Library Theatre   

Mon 4th Feb
Sheffield; Greystones

Wed 6th Feb
Wolverhampton; Robin 2

Thurs 7th Feb
Derby: The Flowerpot

Fri 8th Feb
Glasgow  The ABC   

Sat 9th Feb
Edinburgh  Cabaret Voltaire

Sun 10th Feb
Southsea  Eastney Cellars

London date at the 100 Club also features Billy Walton Band and Stuart James Band.

Just a quick update with a new date added for Southsea - and a good excuse to give the thread a "bump" - January's getting closer....

Mike

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

A must see!! Check out his new DVD called Show 47 and you know why........

Just in case you want to see Henrik Freischlader at Crossroads ...

Henrik Freischlader has entered the ERNIE BALL contest to win a chance to play Eric Clapton’s “Crossroads” festival in 2013!
So, if you want to see Henrik in the United States ... and if there’s no other band in this contest you know ...  then pease visit this link, scroll down to hit the “add your support” button and vote!

http://www.playcrossroads.com/u/HenrikFreischlader

It also helps to play his songs ...
And to spread the word ...

Good luck to Henrik & Band !

Good call one and all. I checked him out online, bought the newest album, voted for him on the Crossroads Festival site, and finally got tickets to see him at the 100 Club in 2 weeks time.

haveacigar wrote:

Good call one and all. I checked him out online, bought the newest album, voted for him on the Crossroads Festival site, and finally got tickets to see him at the 100 Club in 2 weeks time.

If you are impressed with his album, you will be blown away by his live concert. If it was possible for me to be at the 100 Club, I would be there.

97 (edited by haveacigar 2013-01-19 18:09:41)

Kenny wrote:
haveacigar wrote:

If you are impressed with his album, you will be blown away by his live concert. If it was possible for me to be at the 100 Club, I would be there.

Thanks for the heads up, just ordered a live album of his also (who needs HMV). Am just glad i have time to catch him live, nearly missed his current tour. Looking forward to it. Tickets were £10 can't argue with that for a night out.

Fingers crosed for some Tyne/Tees dates.......

Mike
My disappointment of the year - probably. Cant make any other venues. Gutted :-(

99 (edited by BansheeUK 2013-01-25 08:32:37)

Dave82775 wrote:

Fingers crosed for some Tyne/Tees dates.......

Mike
My disappointment of the year - probably. Cant make any other venues. Gutted :-(

Yeah - I had hopes:  Leeds is the nearest for me, but not good on a work-night. Have to make do with latest album & DVD and pray to the Blues Gods for next time round.

Still, Eric Steckel tonight and Ryan McGarvey to look forward to later in the year.

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

haveacigar wrote:
Kenny wrote:
haveacigar wrote:

Thanks for the heads up, just ordered a live album of his also (who needs HMV). Am just glad i have time to catch him live, nearly missed his current tour. Looking forward to it. Tickets were £10 can't argue with that for a night out.

Curious to hear your reviews.
My recommendation: get your copy of Henrik's live DVD : Show No 47. Absolute great stuff.
Wish you all a blast.

101 (edited by haveacigar 2013-01-29 19:35:16)

Blues Sissi wrote:
haveacigar wrote:
Kenny wrote:

Curious to hear your reviews.
My recommendation: get your copy of Henrik's live DVD : Show No 47. Absolute great stuff.
Wish you all a blast.

Just got back from show at the 100 Club, he was superb, fantastic guitar player, played tracks mostly from his latest release 'House In The Woods'. I not only got the live DVD 'Show No 47', but just before his set Henrik was milling about off stage just in front of us and he signed my DVD for me, seemed a very nice man. The roadie also at my request was kind enough to give me a copy of the setlist at the end of the show, which makes for a nice souvenir.

Here is the setlist:

Nowhere To Go
    I Loved Another Woman
    Stop Breaking My Heart
    Longer Days
    The Bridge
    Two Young Lovers
    Sisters
    House In The Woods

Come Together
    Won't You Help Me

The Billy Walton Band were also a pleasure to see, enjoyed the interplay between Billy Walton and his and saxophonist all in all fantastic value for a show at £10. I look forward to seeing Henrik next time he is in old London town. My girlfriend took some photos  form the side of the stage which i will post in a couple of days when i get the chance. (Assuming photos can be posted on this forum)

...last song of the night and my fav' off the latest album... Won'y You Help Me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CL-RScHRO4

Everyone is born a genius, but the process of living de-geniuses them.
R. Buckminster Fuller

Good stuff as always, Pete. Thanks for posting. Seems that you like the more bluesy side of Henrik.

And it seems that you had a good night, Haveacigar. Don't have a setlist myself! Henrik doesn't use one for every gig but is wearing very often a shirt of Rival Sons. And yes, he and his band members are nice guys.

Seems like a shortened setlist - is that because there are 3 bands on a Tuesday night at the 100 Club?

Kenny wrote:

Seems like a shortened setlist - is that because there are 3 bands on a Tuesday night at the 100 Club?

I believe that was the case, but not always, Matt Schofield played a longer set on Blues Tuesday recently, but I was surprised by the condensed set from Henrik also upon arrival.

Pete The Cabby wrote:

...last song of the night and my fav' off the latest album... Won'y You Help Me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CL-RScHRO4

I agree that is the best song of the latest album, i also enjoyed immensely his rendition of Fleetwood Mac's 'I Loved Another Woman' .

Blues Sissi wrote:

Good stuff as always, Pete. Thanks for posting. Seems that you like the more bluesy side of Henrik.

And it seems that you had a good night, Haveacigar. Don't have a setlist myself! Henrik doesn't use one for every gig but is wearing very often a shirt of Rival Sons. And yes, he and his band members are nice guys.

He was indeed wearing a Rival Sons t-shirt wink

Henrik Freischlader band is just great! Great guys too!!