73 (edited by Blues Sissi 2011-12-31 05:59:29)

Re: Henrik Freischlader UK Tour

It seems that Germany has to wait until fall to see Henrik again.
Wonder when the DVD (recorded end of 2010 and May 2011) will be released?

So good to see Henrik returning to the UK, dates so far;

22 June - Flowerpot, Derby
23 June - Durham Blues Festival
24 June - Cleethorpes Blues Festival
25 June - Voodoo Rooms, Edinburgh
27 June - Waterfront, Norwich
28 June - Greystone, Sheffield
29 June - Academy3, Manchester
30 June - Academy2, Islington, London

Just a reminder that Henrik and his band are in Edinburgh tonight, following their appearences at the Durham and Cleethorpes Blues Festivals. If you're in driving distance of Edinburgh make sure you get over to the Voodoo Rooms for this one. Lewis Hamilton & The Boogie Brothers will do the support and I've been told a closing jam between Henrik and Lewis is on the cards. Nice preview in the free Metro newspaper today (which also mentions Joe), so hoping for plenty walk ups! smile

"The recently formed Edinburgh Blues Club has identified an appetite for the personal communication between musicians and audience that the blues long ago perfected." The Herald Newspaper (Scotland)
http://www.edinburgh-blues.uk

Superb performance at Durham on Saturday. Henrik may only have had an hour, but he used every minute of it to showcase. Absolutely cracking performance, not only from Henrik, but the entire band. Loved the sound of a real Hammond organ, rather than electronic keyboard.

Had a brief chat with Henrik after the show, and he is coming back to the N.east early next year. Meanwhile, if anyone has chance for the remaining dates on this tour - really recommend you go.

Mike

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

Blues Sissi wrote:

It seems that Germany has to wait until fall to see Henrik again.
Wonder when the DVD (recorded end of 2010 and May 2011) will be released?

Henrik said at Durham Blues that DVD is out in September.

BansheeUK wrote:

Superb performance at Durham on Saturday. Henrik may only have had an hour, but he used every minute of it to showcase. Absolutely cracking performance, not only from Henrik, but the entire band. Loved the sound of a real Hammond organ, rather than electronic keyboard.

Had a brief chat with Henrik after the show, and he is coming back to the N.east early next year. Meanwhile, if anyone has chance for the remaining dates on this tour - really recommend you go.

Mike

Absolutely agree Mike - great news about a possible return visit. Cheers.

The return visit by Henrik to the UK will be February 2013 - should wash those winter blues away! smile

"The recently formed Edinburgh Blues Club has identified an appetite for the personal communication between musicians and audience that the blues long ago perfected." The Herald Newspaper (Scotland)

Greenose wrote:

The return visit by Henrik to the UK will be February 2013 - should wash those winter blues away! smile

Nice one, do you reckon he'll be at The Voodoo Rooms in Edinburgh again?

Murray1903 wrote:
Greenose wrote:

Nice one, do you reckon he'll be at The Voodoo Rooms in Edinburgh again?

Hopfully he'll be playing at the Caves next time, which is a larger venue (and perhaps more suitable).

...some Henrik from last night at the O2 ...blistering performance! ...which blistered my right ear drum quite significantly ...hope it mends by Tuesday!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OBOUkDe104

Everyone is born a genius, but the process of living de-geniuses them.
R. Buckminster Fuller

Sorry, I've not made time to write a review of the Edinburgh show.

This however I'd like you to check out this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7TAMBSYlrQ

It is Henrik jamming with 18 year old Lewis Hamilton who supported him on the evening (and his previous Scottish dates). Lewis is a fine guitarist, singer and song writer in his own right. 18 and already fronted over 200 of his own shows...
Please check out his website at
http://www.lewishamiltonmusic.com

84 (edited by BansheeUK 2012-10-02 07:20:13)

Some more Henrik dates for the UK in 2013 sneaking out:-

Tues 29th Jan
London  100 Club

Wed 30th Jan
Norwich  Waterfront Studios

Fri 1st Feb
Grimsby  Yardbirds   

Sat 2nd Feb
Darwen  Darwen Library Theatre   

Fri 8th Feb
Glasgow  The ABC   

Sat 9th Feb
Edinburgh  Cabaret Voltaire

London date at the 100 Club also features Billy Walton Band and Stuart James Band.

That's not the dates I wanted to hear for Scotland Mike....................I am in Tenerife sad

Kenny wrote:

That's not the dates I wanted to hear for Scotland Mike....................I am in Tenerife sad

Early February - I think we'd all like to be in Tenerife, including Henrik!   ;-)

Glad to hear he's coming back to Scotland, I'm tempted to go to both dates but I think I'll just make do with Edinburgh as it's a Saturday.

Be prepared that the "House in the Woods" tour is killer.
Have seen the band last Saturday and they blew me away. That won't be my last concert of the tour.
Henrik & band played a lot from the new album, 2 or 3 covers and maybe 4 or 5 classic songs like The Blues, Breakout, The Bridge, Longer Days. A phantastic new setlist and a band that played powerful and groovy. On top a great audience and a perfect sound.

The new album House in the Woods is real good. Compared with the live versions that I've heard on Saturday a bit to short. When the player stops playing, I'm sitting there asking for more. Same stuff live would highly be appreciated.

The new DVD Show No 47 is some kind of masterpiece as was the concert in Arnsberg at 21 May 2011. Hot stuff. A MUST HAVE.

Any idea of when these will go on sale/prices? Failed to go the last two time he was in Scotland, so I will make up for it next Feb!

claptonisgod wrote:

Any idea of when these will go on sale/prices? Failed to go the last two time he was in Scotland, so I will make up for it next Feb!

Don't know if tickets are on sale from the venues just yet - ring and try; but they are available through either Gigantic or Ticketweb (depending on venue). Prices look a very reasonable £12.

Fingers crosed for some Tyne/Tees dates.......

Mike