Re: No Hockey Fans This Post Season???

I'm with you there Tom. I picked the Blues because, although they impressed me, the Kings were offensively challenged during the year. I think there was only one or two teams that scored less than they did. I know defensive minded teams are typically lower scoring teams as a result, but they had offensive issues.
I was not surprised to see them bump off Vancouver, but figured the series with the Blues was going 6, maybe 7, with Blues prevailing.
Boy was I wrong! Impressive sweep.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Wow! Whats up? Are you beginning to believe?

Last night at the Garden The Rangers score with 6.6 seconds to go in regulation and knot the game up at 2 apiece. On the ensuing face-off, The Caps take a bad penalty giving the Rangers a power-play to start the overtime session where Marc Staal blasts one in from just inside the blue line.......SWEET!!! Rangers win the game and lead the series 3-2  I don't want to jinx myself but the Rangers have been resilient  as hell this post season playing great hockey against a determined Ottowa team and the always pain in the axx Capitols who by the way I think Dale Hunter has done a tremendous job with this year. You know I'll be watchin Wednesday....

LETS GO RANGERS!!!

Rock On and Keep the Faith

Jack Loves Patty Loves Joe

fuzzy wuzzy wrote:

Wow! Whats up? Are you beginning to believe?

Last night at the Garden The Rangers score with 6.6 seconds to go in regulation and knot the game up at 2 apiece. On the ensuing face-off, The Caps take a bad penalty giving the Rangers a power-play to start the overtime session where Marc Staal blasts one in from just inside the blue line.......SWEET!!! Rangers win the game and lead the series 3-2  I don't want to jinx myself but the Rangers have been resilient  as hell this post season playing great hockey against a determined Ottowa team and the always pain in the axx Capitols who by the way I think Dale Hunter has done a tremendous job with this year. You know I'll be watchin Wednesday....

LETS GO RANGERS!!!

Actually the OT Power Play was the remaining time left in the second half of the double minor they scored on in regulation, not a new penalty. Joel Ward did not sleep well last night.

112 (edited by Rocket 2012-05-12 22:40:23)

Brack wrote:

Anyone mention that the World Championship is going on in Sweden & Finland right now? Exciting stuff! http://www.iihf.com/competition/272/homeiihf.html

Boring!!!!!!!!  Canadian Junior Hockey far more exciting.  Heck, pond pickup hockey in N.A. is far more exciting than the rest of the world.

..And The Championship is The Stanley Cup.  All else pales in comparison.

OK! Facts, is my opinion!

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Meanwhile, back at The Garden.....

Rangers advance from a Great series with the no longer hapless Caps! The Capitols no longer linger either, kind of a shame.  Holtby played fantastic, as did New York's Lundqvist, sooooo many one goal difference games.  Both defenses kept a torrid pace to set back on the skate heels the skirmishing invaders time after time....

Time to give the Stinky Pew Jersey Devils their due-Hell On Ice!

Rocket

“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Rocket wrote:

Meanwhile, back at The Garden.....

Rangers advance from a Great series with the no longer hapless Caps! The Capitols no longer linger either, kind of a shame.  Holtby played fantastic, as did New York's Lundqvist, sooooo many one goal difference games.  Both defenses kept a torrid pace to set back on the skate heels the skirmishing invaders time after time....

Time to give the Stinky Pew Jersey Devils their due-Hell On Ice!

Rocket

Stinky Pew lol lol lol

Rock On and Keep the Faith

Jack Loves Patty Loves Joe

115 (edited by Rocket 2012-05-14 15:32:31)

Brack wrote:
Rocket wrote:
Brack wrote:

Anyone mention that the World Championship is going on in Sweden & Finland right now? Exciting stuff! http://www.iihf.com/competition/272/homeiihf.html

Boring!!!!!!!!  Canadian Junior Hockey far more exciting.  Heck, pond pickup hockey in N.A. is far more exciting than the rest of the world.

..And The Championship is The Stanley Cup.  All else pales in comparison.

OK! Facts, is my opinion!

Rocket

13th/5  - USA had a surprise win against the current world champions Finland yesterday  Finland 0 - 5 USA

HA! Surprise to whom????????? Not a surprise to me.  Read headlines.  Make headlines.  Not my life.  Seems it's yours, Brack, that, or you are Rupert Burdock hisself...

No surprise here.  No surprise in the tenacity being proven time and again by the L.A. Kings.   I'd be surprised if you knew one damn thing about that, Brack.  Please try again to surprise me.  I look forward to it, although not as much as seeing Joe at home this week.  You Brits, for the most part, ( I can think of a real good exception who knows what ol' Rocket speaks hereof) have to know it is a very special time.  Family.  Always.  In fact, to quote Metallica, "nothing else matters".

LLoyd's of London Insured Hands' Gloves OFF, Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket
GO! RANGERS!!!!!!!

Kings win another! Can they sweep the 'yotes too?
If they go on to win the cup, Jonathan Quick is a lock for the Conn Smythe!

Major Tom to ground control...

RICjunkie wrote:

Kings win another! Can they sweep the 'yotes too?
If they go on to win the cup, Jonathan Quick is a lock for the Conn Smythe!

Yes! I am on the Kings bandwagon...they have made a believer out of me!

118 (edited by holdemxpert 2012-05-20 19:29:35)

Im rooting for the Kings so the Rangers play closer to me, because theres no way NJ is getting past them! That said, this series (and the entire Western conference) has been such a yawner compared to the East. I went to the 4-0 game in Phoenix in a client's box and the game was sooooo slow it was barely watchable. It will be fun to watch Quick, but I honestly dont see either West team beating either East team.

Phoenix showed some signs of life today. I want it to go a bit longer so the Kings arent well rested!

Looks like the Rangers are setting themselves up for ANOTHER hard fought 7 game series. Just once I'd like to see them win a game 2 or game 4 to take a big lead in a series.

"But nooooooooooooo...!!! - John Belushi

Devils one game away from the final! Let's go Devils!

Kings make the finals!!  Go Kings Go!!

122 (edited by holdemxpert 2012-05-25 12:42:26)

bonawho59 wrote:

Looks like the Rangers are setting themselves up for ANOTHER hard fought 7 game series. Just once I'd like to see them win a game 2 or game 4 to take a big lead in a series.

"But nooooooooooooo...!!! - John Belushi

Lets hope its a replay of '94, but without the last second heroics...we have no Matteau!

LETS GO RANGERS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCI_yOUX … re=related

Front Row Fred wrote:

Kings make the finals!!  Go Kings Go!!

And so do the Devils, fantastic! big_smile

This is the first time the Devils have made it since I started following the NHL in 2005-06 season. I was on holiday in NY/NJ for New Year and decided to go to a game and chose the Devils. I've seen them 3 times now, once at Meadowlands and twice at The Rock.

Let's Go Devils!!

Congrats to the Kings and the Devils!
I wonder what the odds of a Kings/Devils finals were at the beginning of the season.
I'm guessing of you put some money on that at the beginning of the year, you'd be collecting a tidy sum of money.
That said, there are no flukes to making the finals. In the playoffs, these were the best two teams.
Prediction time! Kings in 6.

One of the guys at work predicts the same. A vet AA league Goalie from Minnesota. Kings come at you from the get-go and don't let up. It should be a great series for the Cup. I don't have a dog in this fight but love to watch the game.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Kings are 12-2 in the playoffs and have not lost on the road. That says a lot.
I really don't care either way which team wins but it would be nice to see Marty Brodeur go out on top. He without a doubt is one of the greatest (if not THE greatest) goalies in NHL history.

Major Tom to ground control...