Re: No Hockey Fans This Post Season???

bonawho59 wrote:
almico wrote:

How 'bout dem Rangers!!

AWESOME!! I might have had a stroke 1/2 way through the 3rd period. Being a Ranger fan is an emotional roller coaster.

C'mon 'hawks!!

Pretend hat's off to Dustin Tokarski, who, frankly, looked very sharp in the series.  wink Glad not quite good enough, but his team mates couldn't handle the rest... big_smile

What will tonight bring? hmm  L.A. is...well...looking formidible, but Chicago cannot be counted out-never know what rabbit might appear out of a "that" trick (or minutely calculated luck? hmm)...

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Rocket wrote:
bonawho59 wrote:
almico wrote:

How 'bout dem Rangers!!

AWESOME!! I might have had a stroke 1/2 way through the 3rd period. Being a Ranger fan is an emotional roller coaster.

C'mon 'hawks!!

Pretend hat's off to Dustin Tokarski, who, frankly, looked very sharp in the series.  wink Glad not quite good enough, but his team mates couldn't handle the rest... big_smile

What will tonight bring? hmm  L.A. is...well...looking formidible, but Chicago cannot be counted out-never know what rabbit might appear out of a "that" trick (or minutely calculated luck? hmm)...

Rocket

Go Blackhawks! :-)  (I'm clueless about hockey but my Cubs are so horrible this season I figured cheering for the Blackhawks would be a good thing to do.)

https://live365.com/station/a72706

5/16/14 Hampton Beach, NH (First Joe show!)
1/15/16 Burlington, VT

I declare that personally, OVERTIME hockey  (and I don't mean shoot oots! roll) is the best hockey.......mettle determinants for the final results (wellllllll)

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,Rocket

“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

We were elsewhere and when the opportunity arose, flipped on the tube and surfed right to the start of 2nd OT. big_smile
No use wasting all that time when the real excitement waited. wink
I hope we get more like that!
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Okay Bill .. time to get the troops focussed

Get the rally caps on .. lol  cool

LA has to be wearin down .. 21 games thus far ..

Good Luck!

The BonaMaritimer .. All Dials To The Right!

Buzzy wrote:

Okay Bill .. time to get the troops focussed

Get the rally caps on .. lol  cool

LA has to be wearin down .. 21 games thus far ..

Good Luck!

I'm crushed. The Hawks had numerous chances to put this one away and couldn't capitalize. I thought the Hawks controlled a good portion of the game...they made a few errors leaving Kings players alone in front of the net and paid for it.

Kudos to the Kings.

Go Rangers!

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Good game last night, both teams.  Great even!  Fantastic skating, unbelievable goaltenders, and outstanding performances... EXCEPT the BS embellishments!  Please, they should go back to fist fighting instead of these foolhardy theatrics and worse (besides more dangerous) stick antics play.  It's all equivalent to childish name calling (which is intrinsic and should not ever dissipate from those brutes who participate), and hockey players should be willing to take no more and pull jerseys and not pull punches, not do some stupid-ass crude dude cheesy ballet for an advantage more fit for soccer...BAH! 

Rocket

I guess kudos are due to the LA Kings....even as the "what might have been" thoughts are still echoing in my head (you know, game 7, OT, winning goal a fluke bounce off of Nick Leddy's jersey). Credit where credit is due. Congrats to the Kings.
That said, I can't wait until next year, lol!!

No complaints with the finals beyond overacting on both sides.  By virtue of all those overtime periods it was almost essentially 7 games worth.  Rangers have to be disappointed.  Game 4 2 pucks on the line but no go for the Kings.  3 games that could've gone either way, BUT, L.A. Definitely deserves kudos for never quitting when
down!  Quite impressive.  Personally I credit Sutter's coaching as the difference when the team handling things their own way was lagging.  NO Rangers power play
(close enough description).  Plus Kings ended up beating NY at their own game with neutral zone nullifications.  And forechecking.

Come on next year! But, better do something about theatricks or I may end up being done with NHL.  If a kid can control his stick and keep it on the ice

Rocket

Rocket wrote:

No complaints with the finals beyond overacting on both sides.  By virtue of all those overtime periods it was almost essentially 7 games worth.  Rangers have to be disappointed.  Game 4 2 pucks on the line but no go for the Kings.  3 games that could've gone either way, BUT, L.A. Definitely deserves kudos for never quitting when
down!  Quite impressive.  Personally I credit Sutter's coaching as the difference when the team handling things their own way was lagging.  NO Rangers power play
(close enough description).  Plus Kings ended up beating NY at their own game with neutral zone nullifications.  And forechecking.

Come on next year! But, better do something about theatricks or I may end up being done with NHL.  If a kid can control his stick and keep it on the ice

Rocket

Two OT games that should never have been in OT, thanks to the refs. They spoiled what otherwise would have been one of those series where it was the sport, and not the teams, that mattered.

You can find calls in every NHL game that are questionable. The calls eventually even out over the course of a game and over the course of a series.
The fact is that great teams find a way to win in spite of questionable calls.

That said, the goalie interference calls have not been great. I know the call in the Kings Rangers series was debated. Marion Hossa got called for goalie interference against the Kings when it was clear that he was driven into the goalie by a Kings player. I, for one, hope they make this a reviewable call.

Bill S wrote:

You can find calls in every NHL game that are questionable. The calls eventually even out over the course of a game and over the course of a series.
The fact is that great teams find a way to win in spite of questionable calls.

That said, the goalie interference calls have not been great. I know the call in the Kings Rangers series was debated. Marion Hossa got called for goalie interference against the Kings when it was clear that he was driven into the goalie by a Kings player. I, for one, hope they make this a reviewable call.

Unfortunately a 7 game series is rarely time for bad calls to "even out".  The supposed trip at the blue line in game 5 should have been a dive and a penalty the other way, and Muzzin did it twice against the Sharks no less.  Don't get me wrong, NHL is by far the hardest game to officiate, but with two major markets interested in this series, the league was thoroughly embarrassed by the officiating. Beside the two blown goalie interference calls that influenced game 2, in the 2d OT there were 3 missed and obvious too many men infractions and a blown icing call.

The league has done a lot since the days where Al Arbour could perpetuate a dynasty by playing for a tie and then counting on the refs to swallow their whistles as they tripped anyone in sight, but it still has a long way to go.

Goalie interference needs to be reviewable.
EVERY goal needs to be reviewed.
The delay of game penalty for shooting the puck over the glass either needs to be reviewable, or preferably changed to the icing rules since the intent is almost invariably the same.
Coaches need NFL style challenges on any penalty, perhaps one per period, but you don't lose it if it is upheld.

WooHooo!!!
Let's play some hockey!!!

Absolutely lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8zeB7b1uFY

Cheers Bill!  cool

Cheers Buzzy...thanks for the link!
I've heard the song before, but it's not the same without some visuals, lol!

Psst .. Hey Bill  smile

Hello out there, we're on the air, it's Hockey Night' tonight
The puck is in! The home team wins!, the good ol' hockey game

Couldn't resist Bill .. a Saturday night with the Blue and White tongue
I'll grab 'em when I can eh .. until Dec 21st .. lol cool

503 (edited by Bill S 2014-11-03 20:39:03)

Buzzy wrote:

Psst .. Hey Bill  smile

Hello out there, we're on the air, it's Hockey Night' tonight
The puck is in! The home team wins!, the good ol' hockey game

Couldn't resist Bill .. a Saturday night with the Blue and White tongue
I'll grab 'em when I can eh .. until Dec 21st .. lol cool

The Hawks have been mediocre at best this year. Sloppy play, terrible turnovers, no net presence. For the Hawks, a goal scoring drought of epic proportions. It's a long season, though, and they're too stacked for this to continue much longer. The Leafs played well and capitalized on some early Christmas gifts from the Hawks.

5 wins in a row eh Bill (knock on wood) smile

2 wins to start a busy 9 days (6 games)

.. and on the 9th day .. the Black Hawks tongue

No excuses .. both teams will have played the night before

Cheers and good luck Brother cool