Topic: double neck guitar

you gotta see this totally ridiculous guitar solo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rutyA12z3Ok

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Re: double neck guitar

YO...awesome!!! I loves it!!! The conjoined guitars are cool! smile

Mary

LOL-ler-tastic.

Woah I've heard of this guy before... never remembered to look him up though but THAT is just cool.

I mean... I <3 Vai, Satch, Johnson, Petrucci, Gilbert... guys of their league but with a) that guitar and b) that style and technique, this Angelo dude is in a league of his own! I like it! smile

4 (edited by NPB_EST.1979 2007-03-06 12:14:01)

ive seen it a couple times now, and i'd be willing to bet its been dilligently practiced and rehearsed with the band.  Playing that song at every gig would make me feel like a one-trick donkey. id like it better if had more of a jam feel than an point a- to b- to c song.
very entertaining though!

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Ha!   I'm sorry...all I could think of while watching that was Nigel Tufnel's solo from ST with the guitar and fiddle!!!!!!!

"why isn't the number "11" pronounced "onety one"???....S. Wright.

"And now for something completely different"......

http://www.glumbert.com/media/mckee

"why isn't the number "11" pronounced "onety one"???....S. Wright.

It is entertaining - no doubt about that.

I don't think I could take more than a minute or so of it, but on a certain level, I can appreciate the desterity and technique it requires.

I read somewhee where his motivation was to do something that nobody had ever done on the guitar before. Now that he's rasied the bar, is there a kid somewhere who has duct taped 3 guitars together and is tapping with both hads and a foot..???!

Any problem you can't solve with a good guitar, is either, unsolvable or isn't a problem.

Mark

I have a funny story about Michael Angelo Batio....

One day I needed some guitar strings and went into a music store near my house. They were having a guitar clinic that day featuring Michael Angelo Batio and were giving away an autographed Tradition Strat copy.

My buddy and fellow geezer & I went into the store and registered to win the guitar and then went home for a while. Neither of us had heard of Michael Angelo Batio.

Before the drawing I called my buddy's house and woke him up. "LET'S GO GET YOUR GUITAR!" I told him.

We walked into the music store and were the lone geezers amongst a store full of metal-heads and NITRO fans.

When they called the winner of the guitar drawing it was my buddy. The store full of metal-heads got real quiet as this geezer who had never even heard of Michael Angelo Batio walked up and got his autographed guitar.

I got to meet him as well and he was very nice and seemed really down to earth.

The guitar was a piece of crap and he eventually sold it.