Re: May 4, 2009/ May 4, 2011

No Joe, Thank You for those wonderful moments in our lives! cool

I'll never forget sitting between Patty and Michael watching you play so artistically. I know the nerves must have been something else. Heck, we were nervous for you and we were just sitting there! Our gang bumped into your Mom and Dad outside the Great Hall while we were looking for our entrance. They were all alone and your Dad was still taking pictures of the building. smile  Two prouder and more friendly people one couldn't meet, especially considering the circumstances that were about to unveil for us all. By the way, even at that late time, your Dad didn't give up the secret of Eric joining you on stage. wink

Personally Joe, that show not only changed a lot of us as far as life experiences are concerned, but I really feel it changed you. Gone was the question, could he pull off something that big? Not only did you and your company pull it off, but you excelled beyond anything anyone could have imagined. Also, those, "chips on both shoulders", that I heard you speak of before, were now burned away with the fire of your playing that night. Yes, since that time, the World has come to notice the man that we've known for a long time. A man by the name of Joe Bonamassa, the Greatest Guitarist on the planet today!!

Congrats Buddy and Thanks Again!

Roy

Joe is the Best!

Congrats on the anniversary.Its. A worthy document to all you did to get to that point in life.No one deserved more than you.I have a question.Do you think you will play RAH again soon?As a solo or even with BCC?I don't know the rules to speak of on playing there

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

21 (edited by Icon 2011-05-04 09:45:31)

Joe - I don't really need the DVD - the memories of the day itself are so strong.

As musical "events" go, the RAH gig and everything that went with it (pre- gig meets of the forum members and the friendships forged, and the aftershow party at Cocoon complete with an unexpected late appearance of an understanderbly drained looking Joe Bonamassa) eclipses any other I have experienced.

Not that I don't have the DVD of course, which is without doubt one of the best music DVDs I've ever seen and is proving to be a masterstroke in moving the JB Juggernaut onwards and upwards. Come to think of it, I may just take the time to have another look this evening. See now I'm already getting those goosebumps just thinking about the opening notes of "Django"  lol , not to mention the shiver I'll get down my neck at the "Thankyou London,......" moment at the end.

I'll certainly be raising a glass to toast you on this anniversary Joe, and the friends I made through your music on that weekend in May 2009. May the 4th be with you - always!

Ian

Please be in no doubt that this is the REAL ME! Beware imposters........................

I thank you and your company for putting it all on the line for RAH.  I regret not being in the Bonafold in time to experience it live; that dvd is what pulled me into the Bonamassa Dust Bowl and I've been swirling with you ever since!  Watching and listening to you completely captivated me and I could not stop watching and listening, day after day, while my husband thought I had lost my mind ...

... little did he know what was coming ... the back catalog, the long distance travel to catch live Joe Shows ... the incessant Joe Bonamassa talk to everyone I know ... joining the forum (my first ever!  never thought I would do that!) ... connecting with Joe fans from other parts of the country and the world ... eagerly anticipating each new release (now both solo and BCC) ...

Congratulations and happy anniversary Joe.  It's been thrilling to watch your career explode since RAH.  There's no one more deserving of the success.  You are a joy to watch, your music is beautiful, edgy, powerful and ever so much fun!  The RAH versions are my favorite versions of every song performed there, you were absolutely on fire ... and I've thought the same thing at the last two live gigs I experienced, in Nashville & Las Vegas!  cool

Sandy

I know a place ....

The problem with joining these threads so late is that everyone has already said it all. But in tis case it can't be said enough, the RAH gig is probably the best dvd of it's kind I have ever seen and did its part in cementing my relatonship with the music of an absolute master.

My one regret is that I missed the first 20 years, but I look forward with great anticipation to the possibility of the next twenty.

Happy anniversary of this momentous occasion and I'll see you with your other friends in Newcastle (England) in July and again in Blackpool in October.

The only truly great music is live music and you're the greatest there is.

Ho'way the lads!

....that first drone from Rick...those first notes from Joe...then a slight pause... then the copycat drum intro... OMG!!!.... £6 GRAND!!!!... he's mad!!!!!

...  lol

...happy day Joe!  cool   wink

Everyone is born a genius, but the process of living de-geniuses them.
R. Buckminster Fuller

We're honoured that you chose to mark that special moment in your career in our little ol' country! Can't wait for the next live dvd...but how do you top that?

I still get chills up my spine when I watch that DVD!

I still remember walking up the stairs next to our seats and being absolutely amazed at the size and grandeur, but also cozyness of the RAH and thinking how amazing it was that the guy I first experienced playing on the back of a truck after a car race was playing this place.  The look on my son's face when he realized that our tickets had been magically upgraded just a bit thanks to the generosity of someone very special was priceless.  (This amazing friend had sent me an email out of the blue a couple of months before the big event and asked me if I was interested in "better seats."  I only knew this person from here and wasn't quite sure what to do about this offer, so after reading every post he had ever put on here and thinking long and hard about it I decided to accept his offer.  I had no clue where these seats were located when I said ok - turned out I ended up with one of the best seats in the house and a bit part in the DVD.  By the time we finally met in London (several dozen emails later) I counted Phil among one of my best friends)   - amazing the power of this place and Joe to turn total strangers into best friends.  I think one of the most amazing things about that night was the gathering of so many from so near and far and the friendships that formed over those couple of days - built on a mutual love they have continued to grow since that special night.

To Joe's manager Roy - thank you for gambling so much on this - probably one of the scariest decisions you have ever made turned out to be one of the best.  Sometimes I feel like a proud parent watching Joe's career blossom in such a huge way since that night and know that you have had a huge part in all of this success.  Thank you.

Joe, I still remember your expression when you walked out on that stage - so cool and collected, but just a touch of nervousness around the edges that magically disappeared as soon as you started playing the first eerie notes of Django.  All the worries just disappeared into your masterful playing.  It was a performance of a lifetime, and one I was so privileged to share with you  and a few thousand others.  And to think you had been worried you wouldn't be able to sell all the tickets!

The grin on this face says it all:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24057301@N … 7853015980

Thank you Joe and all my wonderful friends for the honor of sharing that momentous night with you all. 

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

samjp4 wrote:

I still remember walking up the stairs next to our seats and being absolutely amazed at the size and grandeur, but also cozyness of the RAH and thinking how amazing it was that the guy I first experienced playing on the back of a truck after a car race was playing this place.  The look on my son's face when he realized that our tickets had been magically upgraded just a bit thanks to the generosity of someone very special was priceless.  (This amazing friend had sent me an email out of the blue a couple of months before the big event and asked me if I was interested in "better seats."  I only knew this person from here and wasn't quite sure what to do about this offer, so after reading every post he had ever put on here and thinking long and hard about it I decided to accept his offer.  I had no clue where these seats were located when I said ok - turned out I ended up with one of the best seats in the house and a bit part in the DVD.  By the time we finally met in London (several dozen emails later) I counted Phil among one of my best friends)   - amazing the power of this place and Joe to turn total strangers into best friends.  I think one of the most amazing things about that night was the gathering of so many from so near and far and the friendships that formed over those couple of days - built on a mutual love they have continued to grow since that special night.

To Joe's manager Roy - thank you for gambling so much on this - probably one of the scariest decisions you have ever made turned out to be one of the best.  Sometimes I feel like a proud parent watching Joe's career blossom in such a huge way since that night and know that you have had a huge part in all of this success.  Thank you.

Joe, I still remember your expression when you walked out on that stage - so cool and collected, but just a touch of nervousness around the edges that magically disappeared as soon as you started playing the first eerie notes of Django.  All the worries just disappeared into your masterful playing.  It was a performance of a lifetime, and one I was so privileged to share with you  and a few thousand others.  And to think you had been worried you wouldn't be able to sell all the tickets!

Thank you Joe and all my wonderful friends for the honor of sharing that momentous night with you all. 

Sandy

Looks like the cat that ate the canary. Fantastic shot Sandy! big_smile

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Hey Joe,
I get all full of emotion just thinking about it......can't cry today because I cried in front of you in Davenport (Had To Cry That Day  wink  ) .....but that's what you do to me. I wore my London jacket today to celebrate  smile   I always feel so honored to know you and consider it a blessing from God to be a part of your world.  I can tell you without any doubt had you not played at RAH, I would never have traveled to Europe in my life.  The trip there for me was one of the GREATEST adventures of my life.  And you deserve all the credit for creating the circumstance to make it happen.  There is NO OTHER ARTIST  that I would have traveled that distance to see....none.  I will never forget seeing you standing in the wing waiting to come on out.  It was thrilling beyond words.......we were all so very proud of you. And those first notes are forever etched in our minds.  You and the band delivered a performance beyond anyone's imagination.  I don't know that anything could ever top being there.  It will always hold a most special spot  in my heart ♥  I know Roy & I have commented before on this, but take plain everyday midwest people and pluck them in front row seats at the Royal Albert Hall in London,England at a Joe Bonamassa concert and you have just given the HUGEST WOW FACTOR.  And then to go to a posh nightclub for an aftershow party....what more could we want.  It was truly a thrill to meet your dear parents, your Mom is just the sweetest and your Dad's excitement over "the secret" was contagious.  Also, special to meet Michael & Lindsay.  (I was led around a corner with my eyes covered for that special treat and yes, it made me cry.)  To meet Mike Himelstein at the aftershow party was also very,very special and what a nice gentle- man he is.    And it makes me chuckle when I think about how Rhonda & I stewed and fretted over the piece of tape that was stuck to your shoe during the show....we were sure it was going to end up in the video....silly us  lol      To have this night captured on DVD is just one of the best gifts in life, ever.  I will be watching it for many,many more years to come.
You are a bright shining star Joe Bonamassa and yes, pattydoesluvjoe  wink

pattyluvsjoe  cool

P.S.  I haven't forgotten about all the great friends I met and all the great traveling companions, those dear special friends who helped me get there, and the greatest host & hostess on Planet Earth.....I am just taking the wise words from Carmine whenever I ask him to tell some stories of his rock life........and I quote...."Let's just talk about Joe   wink  "

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

samjp4 wrote:

Sandy

Yes it does Sandy!  That's a great photo, love that one!

--- Sandy Girl ---

Sandy

I know a place ....

samjp4 wrote:

I think one of the most amazing things about that night was the gathering of so many from so near and far and the friendships that formed over those couple of days - built on a mutual love they have continued to grow since that special night.
Sandy

I could have quoted all of your beautifully written straight from the heart post, dear Sandy! But, I wanted to highlight this passage, because as you rightly observe, the legacy of that night, in particular the friendships that were formed, continue to grow and flourish to this day, and that is truly a wonderful and special thing to be a proud part of.  cool

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

32 (edited by Bill S 2011-05-04 13:58:53)

The trip of a lifetime and the SHOW of a lifetime...not just for you Joe, but for all of your fans.
My daughter and I spent almost two weeks in Cliftonville, London and Paris, but the night of May 4th was the shining moment of the entire trip. To be able to spend it with our fellow Bonabuds was icing on the cake.
From pre-show gathering, to post show party at the Cocoon, it was a magnificent day.

For me, May 4th will always be the anniversary of the night you played Royal Albert Hall and (if I last that long) I can see myself popping in that DVD in 2034 and saying "25 years ago today I saw the greatest show ever performed"!
Thanks for the memories!

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

I regretfully was not in attendance. But I know from endlessly watching the video, when The Man tossed his glasses into the crowd he knew he was "there".

Priceless.

Spider wrote:

I regretfully was not in attendance. But I know from endlessly watching the video, when The Man tossed his glasses into the crowd he knew he was "there".

Priceless.

That moment gave me whiplash     lol      lol      lol   the lucky person....the sunglasses...like getting to own a magical power.........it was priceless.  And then at the end of the video when Joe says he threw away a perfectly good pair of sunglasses...double priceless
                                                                                  plj

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

35 (edited by BadKitty 2011-05-04 14:56:19)

Part I

May 1, 2009...Lil' Eddie and I got on a British Airways nonstop flight to London, England!   big_smile   We looked at each other in awe!  We're really doing it, at ages 52 and 62, we're leaving the North American continent for the very first time!  Why?

May 4, 2009...To see Joe Bonamassa, THE Ultimate BonaBuddy, perform at the Royal Albert Hall! 

*As the first notes of Django played, I felt such an overwhelming sense of pride in Joe and of being part of everything and everyone that is Joe's Street Team.  I shed some happy tears of joy and relief (joy that it’s Joe's big night, and relief that we were there to witness it...what would it have been like if we had missed it?), and then was completely enthralled from the first to the very last note Joe played!
*Witnessing THE Event of a lifetime, for Joe and for all of us who have told the world about Joe, was such a blessing!
*Meeting Bonabuddies from all over the world, in person for the first time, was such an amazing experience.
*Enjoying the after-party at Cocoon and actually getting to congratulate Joe in person on his amazing performance was magical! (con't)

"Joe Rocks!" -- You can quote us on that!
Lil' Eddie and The Baaaaad Kitty
WhoodooVoodooLounge 
JBLP #26 (aged)  cool

36 (edited by BadKitty 2011-05-04 14:57:31)

Part II

Cocoon was a great "nightcap" to May 4!

May 5, 2009...We were still in "after-Joe-glow" on this day, talking about the show, the Bonabuddies we met, how we love London, and all that is good about such an experience…because it WAS all good!

May 1-15, 2009...Royal Albert Hall, Denmark Street, Stonehenge, Imperial War Museum Duxford, National Gallery on Tralfagar Square, Tate Modern, Bath, Windsor Castle, Cambridge, Natural History Museum, Harrod's, many (many) English pubs, Hummingbird Bakery in South Kensington, Imperial War Museum London, double-decker English buses, the Tube, Westminster Abbey, British Museum, Hyde Park, Victoria & Albert Museum, The Rembrandt, Museum of Musical Instruments, The Science Museum, Motimahal (Indian food for the FIRST time EVER—deeelish), and many more experiences in our 2-week visit to London. 

May 15, 2009…We jetted our way home and couldn't stop smiling!  I wonder why…Joe-Glow lasts a long, long time!

What a day, what a night, what a trip; a trip of a lifetime for us! 

Bad Kitty & Lil' Eddie   cool

"Joe Rocks!" -- You can quote us on that!
Lil' Eddie and The Baaaaad Kitty
WhoodooVoodooLounge 
JBLP #26 (aged)  cool