Topic: May 4, 2009/ May 4, 2011

Wow! Two years have passed since the show at the Albert Hall. It is hard to believe how much my life has changed since then. Thank you for making that show that was obviously so special to me to be welcomed into you homes, hearts and blu ray DVD players.  To say that night had everything on the line is a understatement.  It was my big moment.. It was first day of the rest of my career so to speak..  I look back on it with pride and always saying it could of been better.  I think my favorite part of the film is the sheer fear and honesty you can see on my face during the interviews.  I mean.. At that point I had played my fair share of gigs but nothing like this and I knew it was my big opportunity 20 years after it all started.  Kevin did a masterful job putting together both the audio, video and most of the program itself.. Roy my manager made put our whole company on save every penny mode because our little two hour show was costing around $3,000 a minute. He made sure we had the support we needed to give it a go.  It was certainly stressful but rewarding as you can see.   A day that I will never forget almost better than my Birthday..  Oh god thats in 4 days!!  34 this year!!  I cant believe it..
Joe B

Re: May 4, 2009/ May 4, 2011

It sure was a great moment for you, I'm so sorry I've missed it as we had to cancel our trip. sad  Good to see some great music getting the stage it deserves. Filling up the Carré in Amsterdam 3 days in a row is quite impressive as well  cool
I'll be leaving to see the show in Antwerpen soon. See you in a couple of hours!

We have just one world, but we live in different ones.

It is a most awesome DVD.  I always pull it out and watch it every few weeks.

Congrats Joe, on that significant milestone in your playing career.  I am looking forward to catching your show in Adelaide later this month.  Alexis has been magnificent in getting my son and I a pass to the meet and greet before the show!  big_smile

JBLP Gold Top #129 - redubbed "#1 in Oz"

bloody hell two years already since I was at that momentous gig. seems like yesterday smile

It was awesome.... that's all I can say.... awesome...

I don't charge for mistakes. - Joe Bonamassa

Crikey how time flies.  What a fabulous and special night that was, starting from your spine tingling arrival on stage playing Django to the well deserved standing ovation at the finish from EVERYONE.  Happy Anniversary!

I will echo Lyn's comments, and it was special day for me, it was my Bonabaptism.

Continue doing what you do best Joe, Happy Anniversary!  smile

GOOD KARMA - http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3zkw … o1_500.jpg
Avatar Credit: D.Hirst,Olympic Union Flag
Adele: RAH http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Oio8V3e3WU&ob=av2e -
We Are The Champ20ns

Time certainly does fly when you're having fun Joe  big_smile . I was with my same friends who'd been at the Borderline gig a few years earlier and it was fantastic to see how far your career was (is) soaring since then. I still blame my friend for getting us the worst seats in the house though  lol
Geoff

never give up, never slow down
never grow old, never ever die young

Two years.....the mind truly boggles....it was a night that neither Cathy or I will ever forget, the utterly memorable climax to an utterly wonderful few days where so many of the Bonabuds on this forum first met one another.

More power to you, Joe! Keep on doing what you're doing and once again (without further detail,) thank you for what you have meant to my life, thank you for having been my Bridge to Better Days!

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

10 (edited by can1208 2011-05-04 06:17:48)

Wow...all the 'bonametal' folks and one newbie.....Thank you Joe, to your entire team for making that DVD and getting me hooked since early this year. Having experienced what I missed in the last twenty years has been surreal, and was made even more surreal after meeting you at Reading and experiencing, what I truly believe, was the best live show I have ever attended. I sat transfixed......as many had mentioned several times - 'infinite jaw drop'......

Until March of this year, my best ever show experience had been March 1980, Bombay, India - Sting and the Police. I still remember all the banners they had put up all over town for us college kids back then 'The Police - Pops, not Cops'. India was quite insular at the time. But I digress..... RAH was your defining moment for a mass audience.

And I, as many other new and old fans, I'm sure, will echo a very simple sentiment - 'THANK YOU FOR THE MUSIC'.....(that was a quote from one of Abba's songs.... not me...)

Savor every moment of your 34th birthday...and I will open another bottle of Chateau Montelena on the occasion.....as well as 11/11/11, when we 'hound the Hippo', as Cathy alluded to.... big_smile

Hope your career takes you to unlimited bouts of stardom - gold records, Grammys, Bentleys, and a '63 split rear window Corvette hardtop included.... wink

And if you are going thru' the forums...here is your '63 for ya..... wink Might I add that it will match your goldtops as well.... Shall I put down a deposit for you?? It would make a great gift for your 34th.....

http://www.mershons.com/car_detail.asp?ID=6855

100% Certified 'Bona-Nut'

I honestly can't imagine how the show and DVD could have turned out better.  I own 250+ music DVDs and RAH is clearly the best I've seen.  Everything seems so perfect from the camera work, to the sound, to the beauty of the venue, and of course the performance itself.  It's hard to imagine any possible improvement, but I have a feeling from experience that you will somehow do the impossible.  Congratulations Joe.

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

Congratulations on the accomplishments you've made in the two years since. Awards from industry and acknowledgement from your musical peers, to say nothing of the rapidly building fanbase must be very satisfying after the years of struggle getting there. Seeing the DVD of the show is what made me decide to start chasing your show around the planet, hoping to catch some of that energy. Spine tingling entry to emphatic conclusion, that is the best music DVD I've seen, and you know what? I've caught some of that in subsequent shows. The infectious enthusiasm of those that were there is palpable on this forum. Keep on rolling Joe.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Very nice words Joe!  What a memorable experience for us fans that were there too, nice to be able to share in your thrill of a lifetime!  I remember talking to you in 2005 at the Green Man show in Barnett UK about how some day you will be playing at the RAH and then four years later it happens!  You have worked so hard to get where you are now. May you continue to have much success and bring us years of great music in the future!

Music is good for the Soul...

David A. wrote:

I remember talking to you in 2005 at the Green Man show in Barnett UK about how some day you will be playing at the RAH and then four years later it happens! 

Sadly, The Green Man Pub in Barnet is now closed - http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/ … Man/Barnet

GOOD KARMA - http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3zkw … o1_500.jpg
Avatar Credit: D.Hirst,Olympic Union Flag
Adele: RAH http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Oio8V3e3WU&ob=av2e -
We Are The Champ20ns

Awesome..... next biggy, Jack Bruce, hear you might be doing two Gary Moore tunes with Jack.... Midnight Blues was excellent sir, a gut wrenching performance by you for a lost friend  sad

You Can Do Anything You Want To Do

Hi Joe
Ron here 'You saved my soul

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Wow! Two years have passed since the show at the Albert Hall. It is hard to believe how much my life has changed since then. Thank you for making that show that was obviously so special to me to be welcomed into you homes, hearts and blu ray DVD players.  To say that night had everything on the line is a understatement.  It was my big moment.. It was first day of the rest of my career so to speak..  I look back on it with pride and always saying it could of been better.  I think my favorite part of the film is the sheer fear and honesty you can see on my face during the interviews.  I mean.. At that point I had played my fair share of gigs but nothing like this and I knew it was my big opportunity 20 years after it all started.  Kevin did a masterful job putting together both the audio, video and most of the program itself.. Roy my manager made put our whole company on save every penny mode because our little two hour show was costing around $3,000 a minute. He made sure we had the support we needed to give it a go.  It was certainly stressful but rewarding as you can see.   A day that I will never forget almost better than my Birthday..  Oh god thats in 4 days!!  34 this year!!  I cant believe it..
Joe B

Hi Joe
Ron "You saved my Soul" what can I say but thanks. I can't tell you how much you and your music and this DVD have saved me. I know that before the end of 2012 you will be a household name.
thanks you my friend........... thank you. Looking forward to see you again in Boston in Nov
Cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

I honestly don't know how you could have done anything better Joe. The fact that you showed up at the Cocoon afterward to spend some time with the Bonamasses (and we could tell that you were utterly spent, having put everything you had into that performance) speaks for itself.

When are you playing Carnegie Hall anyhow?  wink

Major Tom to ground control...