Topic: From North Carolina Bogie Bowles

I tell ya there's joe out there rippin it up and mark layin down some thunderous bass grooves . but bogie now is not just the drummer in the band he IS the driving force now .. man you are so improving now .... infact when i think about it (and back me up here forum , or tell me if i'm wrong) , but all 3 are pushing each other onto new musical boundries ( i bet they could release a disco album & it would be funky as hell ?)
bogie is a phenomenal drummer and a real down to earth nice man , you are a credit to joes live sound and he could not have a better man behind him on percussion ............... soon Rubik's cube dude........... michael .....

cool

Joe Bonamassa .......  His Greatest 3 Videos ... IMMHO   After Much Deliberation
3rd ...... Mountain Time / Rockpalast       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01xa6NMsJo
2nd ...... Sloe Gin       /  Vienna            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRASS8O8ZnE           
1st ....... Blues Deluxe / The Borderline    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnl3E_KLxYg

Re: From North Carolina Bogie Bowles

I Luv the man....all three of them really... they are marvellous together!

Annelies wrote:

I Luv the man....all three of them really... they are marvellous together!

The BEST smile

4 (edited by Barbara 2007-02-27 13:30:30)

Hey Michael, you are so right about Bogie.  Wow, he is such an incredibly talented drummer and yes, a really really nice guy too.  I can never get tired of watching him play his drums.  He is simply, AWESOME!  Barbara

Hey Yall, Thanks so much for the kind words, they mean a lot to me. I love seeing you at the gigs and that you are enjoying what we're doing up there. I am  having a blast on the gig and I really feel like the band has grown, of course since we've played what seems like 3 billion shows in the last 13 months, I certainly hope we have smile I'm doing my best to step up my game, I enjoy seeing where the musical journey takes me as I learn and grow as a player and most importantly, as a musician. I'm glad that I can add to Joe's band sound and the live show. I am really having a great time. Before I came to this gig I remember saying that what I really wanted was to play music I love and respect, with people I love and respect, and that love and respect me. I have that here. What a gift, you know? When we went through the Carolinas and I played for my family and friends, it was such a thrill for me. I, of course, was wondering if they would like it, not because it was good or not, but as a matter of taste. When we finished, I went to talk to them after the shows and the responses were amazing. Many of them noted how at ease I was on and off stage(see love and respect above), but they all loved it and were blown away by the show and what we do. It's nice to get that after you've been gone for a while. I'll be in touch with you all here and again thanks so much for the feedback. I look forward to seeing you all soon.

Bogie

PS Hey Cornell, I had my Eastern NC Barbeque fix in Wlimington and you're damn right it had COLE SLAW all over it. They also do a pretty good red cabbage vinegar thing over here that is a decent substitute.

bogie wrote:

....PS Hey Cornell, I had my Eastern NC Barbeque fix in Wlimington and you're damn right it had COLE SLAW all over it. They also do a pretty good red cabbage vinegar thing over here that is a decent substitute.

That's just not right....

I think that COLE SLAW may be contributing to global warming. Something about methane gas etc, etc. I think you need to do the environmentally sound thing and "just say no" to COLE SLAW on your BBQ. Ha! See you guys soon. Have fun!

PC

“A friend is someone that will help you move............a TRUE friend will help you move the bodies." -- anon

Bogie,
Since I'm married to a UNC Tarheel fan I'll give you a pass on the kick drum decoration.
This NC State Wolfpack fan here loved both the Raleigh and Wilmington NC shows with Joe and Mark.

Per my Wilmington review, that Friday night in Wilmington was very special for us and two other couples that are close friends. We enjoyed dinner, the show and the short trip down I-40 for the night.

As for the slaw on BBQ, you are right on. Check out my pulled eastern NC BBQ cooked on my smoker. Next time Joe, you and Mark pass through NC I'll gladly cook up a mess of ribs or BBQ

web.mac.com/herfnwolf/iWeb/Primo%20Cooker/Pork%20Butts.html

I look forward to the new album and especially show back in North Carolina soon. try the Wurst salad (salat) and a good German beer for me.

DJ

pcornell wrote:
bogie wrote:

....PS Hey Cornell, I had my Eastern NC Barbeque fix in Wlimington and you're damn right it had COLE SLAW all over it. They also do a pretty good red cabbage vinegar thing over here that is a decent substitute.

That's just not right....

I think that COLE SLAW may be contributing to global warming. Something about methane gas etc, etc. I think you need to do the environmentally sound thing and "just say no" to COLE SLAW on your BBQ. Ha! See you guys soon. Have fun!

PC

PC I couldn't agree with you more!

I do have one question for Bogie and Herfnwolf and others that "mix" their food together (contaminating it actually!) ...would this be a mayonaise based or vinegar based cole slaw?  lol

Ewwww.......mixing of the foods......that's why I don't eat casseroles!

~Rhonda

"I don't think obsessions have reasons, that's why they're obsessions....National Geographic likes their pictures in focus..." Robert Kincaid

Ewwww.......mixing of the foods......that's why I don't eat casseroles!

~Rhonda

Well, my eastern NC mom always made cole slaw with cabbage, mayo and sugar for sweetness and and little vinegar for acidity.  I'm BBQing two butts for 15 hours in Bogie's honor Friday night. I should have enough eastern NC pulled pork for a few BBQ sandwiches (with slaw) and enough for a couple of pizzas on Sunday evening. The pics are here if your interested.
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q80/ … G_0106.jpg
http://web.mac.com/herfnwolf/iWeb/Primo … Butts.html

You gotta try it Rhonda. After all,  at one time, the Blues was fueled by southern cuisine. You got to try it some time. If you do the pics I'll cook the grub and joe, Bogie and Mark play the blues that would be great. Who's bringing the vino & shine?

Take care,
DJ