Topic: Anyone have Fleetwood Mac The Complete New Blue Horizon Sessions?

The Complete New Blue Horizon Sessions 1967-1969. This is a 6 cd set with some awesome music. Here is a link to Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/1967-69-Complete- … mp;s=music

I just picked this up yesterday at Barns and Knoble for under $40 bucks so dont pay no attention to the Amazon price.
Man does this set really have some great blues and I am only on the second disc. I can hear where Jim Mccarty gets his influences from and thats Peter Green. The main bummer for me is that I cannot find for the life of me the tune Hypmotized wich I believe was from the Bob Welch era. If anyone has this tune, please let me know.

Rob

All my tears they fell like rain, cant you hear them falling?
Led Zeppelin: Since I been Loving You

Re: Anyone have Fleetwood Mac The Complete New Blue Horizon Sessions?

Excellent box set Rob. My only complaint is that they put all the alternate versions in amongst the tracks on the original albums. I think it would've been better to have the alternate versions after the original track sequencing. But, having said that, it's still a fantastic bargain. I checked on Amazon and it's selling for $39.99 new, as low as $25 new from vendors there, which in either case is a steal.

If you're looking for "Hypnotized" it's on the 'Mystery To Me' album.

If you don't have them, I'd certainly recommend the 'Live In Boston' CD's as well. All 3 discs feature incredible guitar work from Peter Green. Vol 1 has great versions of "Black Magic Woman"(25 minutes) and "The Green Manalishi"(13 minutes) that simply have to be heard.

Also, since you're in the Detroit area, you might want to try and catch Danny and Tony from The Muggs when they play out as Rattlesnake Shake, a Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac Blues tribute band, cause I'm sure it's smokin'!

Nightwatcher's House Of Rock
http://nightwatchershouseofrock.blogspot.com/
Now featured on Planet Rock, The Chicago Sun Times and The Mog Music Network
Also featured on antiMUSIC's RockNewsinfo at http://www.antimusic.com/rocknews/

Keith, they emailed me about the Rattlesnake Shake gig, I just dont remember when it was. Ill have to emaill them about it. Thanks for the heads up. I seen Danny a few weeks ago when I was watching Mystery Train. He comes in to see Jim Mccarty from time to time. Danny is one of the nicest people I have ever met!

Thanks for the info on Live in Boston and Mystery to Me cds! Ill definetly look them up. I have the Rattle Snake shake tribute to Peter Green and I also have the Peter Green Splinter Group on cd. Like I stated, I can definetly hear Jim Mccarty and his influence of Peter Green. I have several of Jims Mystery Train cds and I hear songs he plays that were influenced from Mr. Green.

I just watched the Fleetwood Mac Dance dvd. Its so hard to believe that Mick and John changed couse the way they did with Fleetwood Mac not that I dont like it.  Hell, Lindsey Buckingham is a damn good guitarist also!

Rob

Another Live disc Shrine 69 is a must have of Fleetwood Mac. Rolling Man is worth the price. If you haven't noticed my Avatar is of Peter's Les Paul that Gary Moore owned. It was at last years Dallas Guitar Show. I got to hold it. If I could play the guy would of let me play it.

I got the Box Set for Christmas a few years ago. To get all things Greeny you need to get John Mayall A Hard Road and Gary Moore Blues For Greeny.

Jim, is that the Les Paul that had the one pick up that was reversed? I know Peter Green had a 59 I believe that had a reversed pup.

Rob

Rob I caught Fleetwood Mac the first time they played Winterland in SF after Stevie & Lindsay joined. It was like a big coming out/homecoming party since Stevie & Lindsay were locals from the Atherton area on the peninsula south of SF. Lindsay had played in some local bands that played around the city for awhile. It was a dynamite show, lots of energy, but it all went to hell IMO when they got big and overexposed. I have a vinyl copy of Buckingham Nicks in my collection, definitely an old fave. I'll take Then Play On or some Kiln House any day.

J Dawg

" I know a guy, his name is Mick, he don't care if he ain't got no chick."  ......The Mac

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

zosozep7 wrote:

Jim, is that the Les Paul that had the one pick up that was reversed? I know Peter Green had a 59 I believe that had a reversed pup.

Rob

Yes that is the one. It was used to record Gary Moore's tribute album to Peter Green, Blues for Greeny.

ohiodawg13 wrote:

Rob I caught Fleetwood Mac the first time they played Winterland in SF after Stevie & Lindsay joined. It was like a big coming out/homecoming party since Stevie & Lindsay were locals from the Atherton area on the peninsula south of SF. Lindsay had played in some local bands that played around the city for awhile. It was a dynamite show, lots of energy, but it all went to hell IMO when they got big and overexposed. I have a vinyl copy of Buckingham Nicks in my collection, definitely an old fave. I'll take Then Play On or some Kiln House any day.

J Dawg

" I know a guy, his name is Mick, he don't care if he ain't got no chick."  ......The Mac

I saw the Kiln House lineup, the Mystery to Me lineup, The line up with Becka Brammlett and Dave Mason, as well as Rick Vito and Billy Burnette. Al worth seeing for different reasons. Buckingham Nicks was always a favorite line up of mine.

What happened to Peter Green? I have never investigated it. Is he still alive??

Rob

He's still around

zosozep7 wrote:

What happened to Peter Green? I have never investigated it. Is he still alive??

Rob

I could write this out, but since I'm pressed for time at the moment, here's the story from Wilkipedia :
And yes, Peter's still alive and playing again.

Following the release of "Albatross" and consequent rise in fame, Green struggled spiritually with the band's success and being in the spotlight. While touring Europe and after a gig in Munich, Germany, Green went on a three day LSD fuelled binge. In his own words, he "went on a trip, and never came back". Green's personality changed drastically after the episode: he began wearing a robe, grew a beard, and wore a crucifix on his chest. His use of LSD may have been a contributing factor to his mental illness, schizophrenia.

He quit Fleetwood Mac in 1970, declaring money to be evil and giving it away to charity. He recorded an experimental and extremely uncommercial album The End Of The Game and faded into obscurity, taking on a succession of menial jobs.

Green had a brief reunion with Fleetwood Mac when Jeremy Spencer left the group (Green flew to the USA to help them complete the tour) and he was also an uncredited guest on their 1973 Penguin album on the track "Night Watch".

Green has been institutionalised in the past with psychological problems and he underwent electroconvulsive therapy in the mid-1970s. Many sources attest to his lethargic, trancelike state during this period. In 1977, he was arrested for threatening his accountant, Clifford Davis, with a rifle, but the exact circumstances are the subject of much speculation. After this incident he was sent to a psychiatric institution in London. This was prior to his re-emergence as a recording artist with PVK Records in the late 1970s and early 1980s.

Urged by friends to resume playing, he resurfaced in the late 1970s and early 1980s with a series of albums, including In the Skies, Little Dreamer and White Sky. Although of inconsistent quality, these albums nevertheless contained glimmers of Green's unique blues styling and signature sound. He was also an uncredited guest on "Brown Eyes", from the Fleetwood Mac album Tusk; contributed to "Rattlesnake Shake" and "Super Brains" on Mick Fleetwood's solo album, The Visitor. A 1990's comeback saw Green form the Peter Green Splinter Group, with the assistance of fellow musicians including Cozy Powell. The Splinter Group released nine albums between 1997 and 2003.

A tour was cancelled and recording of a new studio album stopped in early 2004, when Green left the band and moved to Sweden. Shortly thereafter he joined The British Blues All Stars, but their tour in 2005 was also cancelled. A possible reason for these changes could be a planned reunion of the original Fleetwood Mac, as announced by Mick Fleetwood on March 14, 2005.

A quick addendum, at one point during the 70's Peter was actually working as a gravedigger. A sad story for sure of a guitarist who prompted B.B. King to say, “He has the sweetest tone I ever heard. He’s the only one who gave me the cold sweats.” However although he's not quite as fiery as he was during the late 60's and early 70's, the fact that he's playing again is a miracle in itself.

Nightwatcher's House Of Rock
http://nightwatchershouseofrock.blogspot.com/
Now featured on Planet Rock, The Chicago Sun Times and The Mog Music Network
Also featured on antiMUSIC's RockNewsinfo at http://www.antimusic.com/rocknews/