Topic: Bluesgarage Hannover.

Last night I went to Hannover alone. My musical Bonamassa friend Rudi was ill.
After a 4hours drive I arrived at the bluesgarage. I was very early and one of the first to get in.
Joe and Henrik Freischlader were busy with the equipment. Joe's bus was late. I had a little talk with both of them. Henrik said he was very proud to be Joe's supporting act the whole German tour. he admires Joe very much, he said.

Before I got in I was talking with some german people who just had discovered Joe and the blues 2 weeks ago. They were so impressed by ANDY live that they came by train from Hamburg to see Joe. They asked me more about bluesrockbands and all the names we see on this site passed and were written down -Derek Trucks. KWS, Walter trout . An inside tipp from me: listen to Rob Orlemans and half past midnight "Live in Chicago" . He is Dutch and  a wonderful, powerful bluesguitarplayer.
Check him out!

The show started with Henrik Fleischlader, a powerful bluestrio, he is called the german bluesrescue. There were some problems with the sound, but he plahed very well.

After 30 minutes Joe, mark and Bogie came on stage and from the first tone they blew the audience into music-heaven. It lasted the whole show, it was really a stunning performance. The band was tight, now it's a team.
The change took some time but it's all done now. Best bluesband you will see.
It was sold out 500 and he does a second show March 15th. When Joe said that , he got standing ovations! It was a standing concert like all the shows he does here in Europe, but the people were extremely enthousiastic.

I spend the night with the 2 German men who had just discovered Joe and they were on top, in heaven and much more. It was the best concert in their lives, and they were not the only ones as I noticed One of the man was born nearly blind and couldn't see Joe but he didn't care. BLIND PEOPLE CAN HEAR BETTER AND I JUST DO THAT NOW! He enjoyedhimself very much.

S o you see the blues is still very alive and we all do our thing to keep it that way.

All in all one of the best shows from Joe from the 9 shows I have seen.
Woke up dreaming acoustiscwas a real killer!
He played the same songs like in Brussels I believe, so the first 2 shows in Europe were sold out and very, very succesfull.

I wish them all the best for the rest of the tour.

Andre Wittebroek.

Re: Bluesgarage Hannover.

Hi,
I'm glad for you that the show turned out great again.
Jelouse of you,that you saw them 2 times in a rowe (and i didn't sad )
Sounds like you had a great time over there.
Greetings

Andre,

Sounds you had a great night too! You were not in Brussels were you ....as marianne writes.
Will you go to the other Hannover gig?

Oh than i was mixed up with the other guy that was in Brussels.
My mistake... smile

Dear ladies,

I was not in Brussels, but I saw the playlist on Michael and Mariannes review.

No Annelies I'm not going to the second show in Hannover. It's on a Thursday and I have to work till 17.00. I'm a teacher and I can't have a day off. It's at least a 4 hour drive in peakhour, a lot of traffic jams.
The first show was in a  holiday, so I left in time.

If you want to go. it's a great venue, see www.bluesgarage.de
Nice pictures Marianne!

Andre Wittebroek.

Ha ha ....thats been a long time we been called ladies.......Marianne and myself are planning another trip.
Can't go to Hannover gig 'cause on that date , believe it or not i have a meeting in Brussels.

We hope to meet up with you one day...... maybe october paradiso!

Annelies, when it is possible I'll go to Paradiso, have been there many times before, but when Joe is in holland or germany I normally go to Clubs closer to Winterswijk like Lantaarn Hellendoorn, Podium Hardenberg, Schwarzer Adler Rheinberg. Zeche Bochum etc.
But maybe we meet once at a Joe concert, together with Marianne.
Andre Wittebroek.

hi i was in hannover too it was a great concert joe has sign my 1976 fender strat ( today care it  like a baby.....smile )........it was a long way from mönchengladbacht too;) its near nederlands ....and expensive to....the only thing i have missed was colour and shape i think he has not played ???? have not heared i think....ok bye mabye see ya next germany tour at joe bonamassa

sorry my english wink

greetings from germany
geko   smile

Hallo Geko,

You can do it in German as well. Kein Problem. Maybe we meet at another concert in Germany. When you go let me know please and we will have a good Bonamassa talk. I go to the Schwarzer Adler in Rheinberg quite often. Saw Joe 2 times there, but I think it,s too small for him now 250 max..

Joe didn't play pain and sorrow. I saw him 9 times, but he played it only at the first concert in Duiven   Holland November 2004.

Your English is good enough, no problem.

Andre Wittebroek.