Re: Rival Sons

I noticed they are on tour now warming up as the middle band for Halestorm...That seems weird...I want to see them, but I want to see them headline with a full set.

Murfdog

murfdog wrote:

I noticed they are on tour now warming up as the middle band for Halestorm...That seems weird...I want to see them, but I want to see them headline with a full set.

I agree, saw them live recently on their west coast tour and they were fantastic; set was far too short though.  Most over here are asleep on this band, not the case across the pond where they "Get" this band.

Rival Sons will be opening for Deep Purple on all dates in Europe

No matter how far you try to push the envelope, it remains stationery

94 (edited by Nightsider 2015-09-05 14:22:52)

Told you, :-)

Tour of the year for sure!

Holy smokes. Rival Sons (one of my favourite bands in the world) has just announced that they are going on tour with Black Sabbath next year. North America, Australia, and New Zealand are on the list of places they’ll be hitting up. Such amazing news, even though I will now have to shell out a whole lot more dough to go see them than I might have imagined…

When I saw Rival Sons play in Vancouver in January, 2013, they played at The Roxy. Good venue, but small. This spring, they were supposed to play The Commodore in Vancouver, opening for Halestorm. That gig never happened, and while that venue is a prime location for live music in the city, it’s not a stadium. And now? Now they’ll be playing Rogers Arena. I’m hoping for a long set and good acoustics…

Rival Sons will record a new album before going on tour with Deep Purple this fall and winter (read the news), and then hit the road with Black Sabbath in the new year. I hope they are taking care of themselves, because that is one heck of a work schedule!

The announcement & tour dates from Rival Sons Facebook Page:

“Every now and again the universe just speaks to ya…and planets align…This is definitely one of those cool situations for us. A while back we played an award show… The Osbourne family happened to be in the audience. Luckily the attending -which included the upper crust of classic rock and some of the world’s most famous- really enjoyed our little 3 song set…especially Ozzy, Sharon and the kids. Standing ovation and all. We chatted and hung with the Osbournes after the show, which was just incredible on its own…but something much greater has transpired. We couldn’t be more honored and excited to announce we’ll be supporting the legendary Black Sabbath on their upcoming world tour(s)!! This will take us to most of those places we haven’t been yet and back through the many places we have made so many friends and fans. Here we go folks… Black Sabbath and Rival Sons coming to your town…city…country soon!” – Scott Holiday

North American Tour Dates

1/20 Omaha, NE CenturyLink Center
1/22 Chicago, IL United Center
1/25 Minneapolis, MN Target Center
1/28 Saskatoon, SK Sasktel Centre
1/30 Edmonton, AB Rexall Centre
2/1 Calgary, AB Scotiabank Saddledome
2/3 Vancouver, BC Rogers Arena
2/6 Tacoma, WA Tacoma Dome
2/9 San Jose, CA SAP Center
2/11 Los Angeles, CA The Forum
2/13 Las Vegas, NV Mandalay Bay Events Center
2/15 Denver, CO Pepsi Center
2/17 Kansas City, MO Sprint Center
2/19 Detroit, MI The Palace of Auburn Hills
2/21 Hamilton, ON FirstOntario Centre
2/23 Montreal, QC Bell Centre
2/25 New York City, NY Madison Square Garden
Australia/New Zealand Tour Dates

4/15 Perth Perth Arena
4/17 Adelaide Entertainment Centre
4/19 Melbourne Rod Laver Arena
4/23 Sydney Allphones Arena
4/25 Brisbane Entertainment Centre
4/28 Auckland Vector Arena
4/30 Dunedin Forsyth Barr Stadium
More dates to be announced in October 2015

I finally had the chance to see these guys in a small club in Portland Maine. The show was cut short due to Miley getting sick but was still special seeing them up close. Attached are the videos of the entire show only missing Pressure and Time. If you only have time to watch one be sure to check out Secret. It really gives a feel for how close we were!! https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P … xAsNvd38tP

Dont need a helmet to get me through life-walk across the water blame it on foolish pride.

PORTLAND2012/SPRINGFIELD2012/BOSTON2013/HAMPTON BEACH2014/BANGOR2015/PORTLAND2016/PORTLAND2017

They Blew it out in Portland a few weeks ago...These guys are sooooo good !

Murfdog

last week on Planet Rock it was announced that the votes for best International band went:
1. AC/DC
2. Foo Fighters
3. Rival Sons - which I think brilliant given the level of the bands above them, year that they have been playing and number of records sold.

- Cant find a web link to it though.

My YouTube channel with plenty of my Joe's videos dating from 2009 inc his first Hammersmith Odeon ones:
http://www.youtube.com/ian916fun

Only around 350 people at the show I saw in Portland. Literally, the perfect show. Now have acquired all 4 discs. Really hard to find a copy of "Pressure and Time", but finally managed to get it. Love "Head Down" as well, and "GWV" is the best rock disc in ages ! Total huge fan. This band keeps developing, as their songwriting becomes more elaborate, and continually changing into this very Zepplin like band.

Murfdog

Hi All Rival Sons Freaks, The new album " Hollow Bones " Can Be Pre-Ordered On Earache Records Now " It will be on cd, deluxe cd and vinyl...

its only realities rat race sucks...switch on MUSIC...
nerds, geeks, freaks and vinyl junkies...are the truthful ones!

Hollow Bones preview, Part 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93KFbeGzQAc

davesam wrote:

Hollow Bones preview, Part 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93KFbeGzQAc

Sound pretty good as usual.
I am looking forward to the new release!

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

Rock and Roll is still alive ! Still reeling from the show I saw a month ago...Can't wait

Murfdog

Got my CD pre-ordered and if it's up to the standards of their previous works then we're in for a right treat.  I love this band, haven't got to see them live yet.  Apparently they really are something special.

the album artwork looks amazing...this album hopefully will put them in the arenas yes...

No no no...We don't want them in the arenas...too many people...I want them to play small clubs forever !! Now, don't get me wrong...These guys are great, but I'm being selfish here...and Rock has pretty much died in America, so I don't think we'll have to worry about these guys playing large venues any time soon, no matter how awesome the album is....After all, GWV was incredible and barely a blip on the radar. Again, I blame this on the death of heavy mainstream Rock in the USA...It's a shame.

geekfreak wrote:

the album artwork looks amazing...this album hopefully will put them in the arenas yes...

Murfdog

well that's something I didn't now. as here in the United Kingdom the radio stations do play the music of the older rock musicians but very little if any newer bands like Rival Sons. Oh yes GWV is an awesome album. the artwork looks really cool.

The state of new rock bands in the U.S. is more underground.
There big 70's and 80's bands dominate the stadiums.But I too would rather see live music in a smaller venue.Even Joe has pushed my limits on venue size.
Not that I am wanting bands not to have success.
I think the music biz has changed so much.The new bands don't have the mass marketing behind them so it limits the audience.Look how long and hard Joe worked to get where he is today.
There is also the sub genres in rock music to consider.
I think you see a lot of music review sites that cater to more metal style bands than you do more Blusey 70's  style bands.That could be a function of the majority's taste or just what more reviewers are into.
If you look hard enough you can find some great rock being played.Usually those types of bands end up in threads here as well!

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

108 (edited by BansheeUK 2018-10-17 07:00:33)

Seems to have been a while since these guys were last mentioned. They've been back in the studio since Hollow Bones, and expect new release early 2019. Not sure of the new album's title, but there is a lead-off single out there; Do Your Worst. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx60Fsu-w9M

Handful of UK dates announced:-

JANUARY 2019
Newcastle Northumbria Institute – Thu 31st

FEBRUARY 2019
Glasgow Barrowland – Fri 1st
Manchester Academy – Sat 2nd
Leeds O2 Academy – Mon 4th
Birmingham O2 Academy – Tue 5th
London The Roundhouse – Wed 6th

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...