Topic: Sometimes good things happen to good people..

Hey guys...
       So with all the negative stuff going on in the world between the wars in the Middle East and Africa and the earthquake/Tsunami / nuclear meltdown in Japan ect ect ect..  I thought Id share a quick story that made my day at least...  There is a guy that John Henry ( there is a real guy named John Henry ) turned me on to about 8 months ago.. His name is Jesse and he makes Lazy J amps..  I tried his deluxe style and hi powered twin at John Henry's in London the day of the " first BBC " secret gig.  I was really blown away especially with the twin... Well long story short... a brown tolex wheat grilled ( just like Keef"s) Lazy J 80 watter sits in my living room as we speak..  Ok so great ... Joe B gets another amp..   Well there is more.. Jesse has it be, is a really good humble dude who helped me get my amp out of US customs and really went the extra mile and built a really killer amp..  Well I just watched the Tonight show with Jay Leno and low and behold....  Jeff Beck had two of his amps on stage..  So when it seems like nothing good ever happens.. there you go...
Joe B..

Re: Sometimes good things happen to good people..

Must be good stuff if both JBs are fans of it!  I love it when the little guy gets a win.

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

3 (edited by Rocket 2011-04-08 06:46:04)

Now if they could just play them on stage together, say at the Beacon Theater hmm ......that would be a great thing happening from 2 great guys, Joe & Jeff, to 2 good guys (Jesse & me) with at least 1 going goo goo ga ga!!!  lol  lol  And if Jesse's amps could be called a girl...I'll wish that I had Jesse's girl!  cool 

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

4 (edited by NPB_EST.1979 2011-04-08 08:40:27)

Those amps just gravitate to the "JB"s of the world...

who got one first? Beck or Bonamassa?
very cool!

http://www.lazyjprojects.com/

looks like JBs need to be updated on the client list too!
Jonas Jalhay (Them is me, The Saturdays, I blame Coco, etc.)
Dennis Greaves (Nine below zero)
Sam Beer
Adam Phillips
Richard Ashcroft
Doyle Bramhall 2 (Eric Clapton, Sheryl Crow, Arc Angels, David Gilmour, etc.)
Bernard Butler
P.I.L.
Lu Edmonds (Billy Bragg and the blokes, P.I.L., etc.)
Olivier Elen (Gentlemen of Verona)
Whit Smith (The Hotclub of Cowtown)
Pete Townshend
Noel Gallagher
Eric Clapton
Paul Stacey
Jeremy Stacey
Joe Walsh
Razorlight
Gary Kemp
Mike Campbell (Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers)
Paul Weller
Luke Potashnick
Bleech
Simon Johnson

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Thats Great Joe.
What style of amp is it? ( Marshall, D-style, Fender.... )
BTW I need to thank you and this forum. Ive been playin geetar for long time but had never heard of dumble amps until I read your ( Joes big reverbicated tone) post.
I have since built from kit a D-clone of RF's #102.
I gotta say I never knew an amp could sound so freakin good.

Again thank you
Todd Wilcox

Ceriatone OTS FM50 build #1,Ceriatone 2550 build #2, Ceriatone HRM w/ EL34's build #3,
Trainwreck Express clone build #4 More to come because I am addicted now!
Steve Morse signature EBMM original model ,50th anniv American Strat

Hey I see G-lab has made its way onto your pedalboard.
Saw Robben Ford using the Reverb as well couple weeks ago.
Great minds must think alike smile

Ceriatone OTS FM50 build #1,Ceriatone 2550 build #2, Ceriatone HRM w/ EL34's build #3,

Joe,

The only thing that could make the story better was if YOU were standing in front of the amp on The Tonight Show stage.

If you look up to the heavens just before the start of every Joe Bonamasaa concert you can see Stevie, Jimi, Muddy, Gary and others leaning over God’s railing jockeying for the best view. 
And if you listen, you can hear Stevie say  “ SHHhhhh,  The kids about to start playing.”

It is always nice to hear something positive in today's world and great to see a hard working fellow with a good product break through.  I would venture to say he would also stand behind his product and not ask you to pay extra for a warranty.  That is a big gripe of mine in today's world.  It seems like every manufacturer wants you to pay them extra (warranty) to stand behind their own product!  As I have mentioned before on this forum, I have had excellent experiences with David Allen at Allen Amps regarding Fender style amps.  Quality service and products.  Outstanding with old blackface Fenders, or you can buy one of his upgraded blackface models.  He got my old Bassman and old Bandmaster heads hitting on all cylinders!

Well you will have to do another album just to show off your new amp big_smile

GUITARS - Les Paul R9 VOS Cherryburst, Les Paul Traditional, Fender Rory Gallagher Tribute Strat, Fender CS 40th Anniversary Strat.
AMPS - Ceriatone 50w ODS HRM, Ceriatone 30w Stray Cat
EFFECTS - TC Electronics GMajor, T Rex Spin Doctor, Univibe

I second that emotion on Lazy J amps- I had the pleasure of playing his amps & talking to Jesse over here in the UK (he seems to be based mostly over here these days) at a guitar show last November- his amps are truly a work of art, but the focus is on TONE TONE TONE - I'm really glad Joe has snagged one of these - one's on my shopping list as soon as...

check out Jesse's website: http://www.lazyjprojects.com/

This don't look like no express way to me...

Cool! Lazy J stuff rocks, one is on my long term list!

T Wilcox wrote:

Thats Great Joe.
BTW I need to thank you and this forum. Ive been playin geetar for long time but had never heard of dumble amps until I read your ( Joes big reverbicated tone) post.

Again thank you
Todd Wilcox

Where do you get a kit like that?

Thanks

JD

JBLP (aged) 293, JBLP STD, JB ES-335, JBLP Studio, JBLP Goldtop Epi, JBLP Inverness Green Epi.

jddarden wrote:
T Wilcox wrote:

Thats Great Joe.

Again thank you
Todd Wilcox

Thanks
JD

2 Places I know of that do D-Clone kits are Ceriatone http://www.ceriatone.com/ and Brown Note http://www.brownnote.net/

I am sure there are others

Also ampgarage has plenty of schematics, layouts and parts lists if you want to do one from scratch.

Be warned, building your own amps is addictive

GUITARS - Les Paul R9 VOS Cherryburst, Les Paul Traditional, Fender Rory Gallagher Tribute Strat, Fender CS 40th Anniversary Strat.
AMPS - Ceriatone 50w ODS HRM, Ceriatone 30w Stray Cat
EFFECTS - TC Electronics GMajor, T Rex Spin Doctor, Univibe

jddarden wrote:
T Wilcox wrote:

Thats Great Joe.

Again thank you
Todd Wilcox

Thanks

JD

Head on over to the amp garage forum...

http://ampgarage.com/forum/

This is the place to go if you want to talk Dumble and they have a very detailed thread on Robben's #102.

http://ampgarage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12873

You will have to register to get in but it's worth it. You could spend weeks going over the information big_smile
RP

Guitars: 2002 Gibson R8, 2008 Gibson SG Standard, 1977 Fender Statocaster, 1979 el Degas Les Paul Custom, 2011 Epiphone JB Les Paul
Amps: 1982 Marshall 4010

Yes I built the Ceriatone FM50
Yes building amps is very addictive, my peavey JSX is on craigslist to pay for next build.
What kinda JB fan would I be if I didnt build a Silver Jube clone to go with my D*mble clone.
Note to anyone who wants the best tone possible
PCB amps = CRAP
IMO of course

Also Ceriatone offers the amp complete as well for people that arent so good w/ soldering.
They are not paying me to say this either. I wish they were, they could pay me with kits.

Jesse is a great guy!

I had a big gig coming up a couple of years ago, and my trusty Orange Rockerverb 100 amp decided to break on me the day before. No-one I knew could fix it that night, but then someone passed me on to Jesse, who I found out lives 5 minutes away from me. He was so cool - he fixed it that night and even dropped it off for me at my house the next morning.

Great guy, and I've been meaning to try out his amp line ever since but have never had the chance, but I've been hearing a lot of good things.

Hello from France,
talking about LazyJ amps, I just received mine this morning from jesse in England, and it was worth the wait !
I got the 20w version with reverb and VAC and it sounds awesome, I am (re) discovering my guitars...
I just spent half an hour with jesse on the phone to congratulate him on his job.
I will be at the show at the Olympia in Paris on may 5th, joe, will you be using your lazyJ amp or is it for home/recording purposes?
Looking forward to the show
ludovic

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Hey guys...
       So with all the negative stuff going on in the world between the wars in the Middle East and Africa and the earthquake/Tsunami / nuclear meltdown in Japan ect ect ect..  I thought Id share a quick story that made my day at least...  There is a guy that John Henry ( there is a real guy named John Henry ) turned me on to about 8 months ago.. His name is Jesse and he makes Lazy J amps..  I tried his deluxe style and hi powered twin at John Henry's in London the day of the " first BBC " secret gig.  I was really blown away especially with the twin... Well long story short... a brown tolex wheat grilled ( just like Keef"s) Lazy J 80 watter sits in my living room as we speak..  Ok so great ... Joe B gets another amp..   Well there is more.. Jesse has it be, is a really good humble dude who helped me get my amp out of US customs and really went the extra mile and built a really killer amp..  Well I just watched the Tonight show with Jay Leno and low and behold....  Jeff Beck had two of his amps on stage..  So when it seems like nothing good ever happens.. there you go...
Joe B..

18 (edited by annamartha 2012-06-22 00:50:11)

hey, Joe.
That's great.I had the pleasure of playing his amps ......
thanks.