Re: 2024 Major League Baseball season

Hey Tres, look at how bad it could get... just observe what is going on down here. We ship our reserve catcher toAAA and our #1 is out the same day! Our best hitter dings himself out and our relief staff is on the block and they continue to lose in every way possible. Sigh...
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

128 (edited by Bill S 2011-07-27 13:04:51)

Well, the Mariners have lost 17 straight and still have a better record than the Cubs!

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

129 (edited by ohiodawg13 2011-07-27 15:42:20)

The Giants swung a deal for Carlos Beltran who flew to the All Star game from SFO with Bochy and the Giants All Stars where the rumor grew legs and now it's a done deal. Sure hope he pumps up the offense a bit more than Jeff Keppinger has. The nice thing is the Giants didn't really give up much to get him.

BTW Tres, Xmas came early for the Bravos last night vs. Pittsburgh. Had to be the worst call in baseball history, which got every sports radio personality begging for expanded replay in MLB. I've seen it all now for sure!!!

VIVA Gigantes!!!

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

Congrats on the Beltran deal. The home plate ump was simply terrible all night, Nate McClouth and Freddie were both  ejected for arguing an outside pitch he called a strike. That last play at the plate, it doesn't matter whether he actually tagged the guy, it was a clean swipe and he's out, there should not have been any guesswork on his part. I figure he was real hungry, we'll take it but Pitt didn't deserve that ending. Let me say something about Pitt, you really DON'T want to play them right now. Their pitching is good, timely hitting and they can run the bases like scalded dogs. This is not the Pitt that we have seen last few years. Hats off to Clint and staff, a marvelous turnaround.

Tres

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

I just have to brag on one Daniel Uggla, 3 more hits and a walk last night. His batting average has now exploded to .205, but his focus and determination to overcome the early season slump is ongoing. With all these people hurt on and off the DL, he has stepped it up at the plate and maintains the excellent defense. He now has an 18 or 19 game hitting streak, and set a new alltime major league record for longest hitting streak with the lowest batting average. He took that record from Julio Lugo who plays next to him at shortstop sometimes when Alex Gonzalez is out. He is much more confidant at the plate, more relaxed, not waving at outside pitches, not striking out as often because he's seeing the ball better. I don't know what he changed, don't know how to explain it except that he was in a deep funk most of first half. Keep it up Danny!

Tres

Fukudome goes to the Indians from the Cubs for two minor league prospects.

I have fond memories of him joining the Cubs and Harry Caray trying to pronounce his name. He really should have been "bleeped" out with a few of those pronunciations.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

All the die hard Giant fans beware....Beltran cannot handle hard cheese up and in.....keeping both fingers crossed....one more bat is needed.....nice to see the Giants take one last night, lincecum today  smile 

Shred

Shredit wrote:

All the die hard Giant fans beware....Beltran cannot handle hard cheese up and in.....keeping both fingers crossed....one more bat is needed.....nice to see the Giants take one last night, lincecum today  smile 

Shred

C'mon Shreddy, give it a chance. Every player has their pro's & con's, but his current numbers are outstanding compared to the rest of the Giants in the first half. When I said they didn't give up that much to get him, that was when the stories were flying in the local media that Zach Wheeler wasn't going to NY, but that's what it took to get Beltran. The Giants showed they are committed to getting to the post season to defend their title, just what the fans want to see. Tune in @ 4pm and let's see how this pans out, I sure will be.

VIVA Gigantes!!!

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

ahsmith33 wrote:

I just have to brag on one Daniel Uggla, 3 more hits and a walk last night. His batting average has now exploded to .205, but his focus and determination to overcome the early season slump is ongoing. With all these people hurt on and off the DL, he has stepped it up at the plate and maintains the excellent defense. He now has an 18 or 19 game hitting streak, and set a new alltime major league record for longest hitting streak with the lowest batting average. He took that record from Julio Lugo who plays next to him at shortstop sometimes when Alex Gonzalez is out. He is much more confidant at the plate, more relaxed, not waving at outside pitches, not striking out as often because he's seeing the ball better. I don't know what he changed, don't know how to explain it except that he was in a deep funk most of first half. Keep it up Danny!

Tres

I knew it was just a matter of time till he broke out at the plate. I constantly pleaded with his sister and even his Mom when she was here to talk him into coming to the Giants, but when the Bravos backed that armored car up to his door how could he say no????

Think Gr$$n,

J Dawg

jdawg,
I just came across this article and I was wondering what you are hearing out there. I was surprised the bail was reduced, which I read elsewhere and I find it very disturbing that its suspicious about how a lead witness died on Sunday. (last paragraph) I hope its not so.... sad  I'm wondering if this is a legitimate source of info?
http://bayarea.sbnation.com/san-francis … c-reaction

On a totally different note, my sons nominate Brian Wilson for the next Old Spice commercial, they said he'd be way better than Fabio. big_smile 

ohiodawg13 wrote:

Minor setback for Bryan since that post. He underwent another brain surgery to reduce some swelling since he is not in the drug induced coma any longer, but is doing OK since the surgery. The arrest is in the news here daily and it does appear these are the guilty parties. The LAPD is hoping more evidence will come in from reported other fans that got in these morons way, Stow wasn't the only one they beat up that night. Musta been some really nasty crank or suntin!!!

Get Well Bryan/VIVA Gigantes!!!

J Dawg

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

As of the 11pm news Lee's death was termed, unrelated, but according to your article it's being investigated nonetheless. Lee was the lead witness, but not the only one. These 2 are career criminals and no doubt should receive a lengthy stretch behind bars, but you never know in LA's courts what might transcend.

Think Guilty Verdict,

J Dawg

After reading the article about the two punks I think they should be locked up for a very long time and I hope they get special treatment from their cellmates.

The EMT witness died from an allergic reaction to eating a peanut.

I was wondering if the source was valid because it seems so unlikely that its was public knowledge that the witness had a food allergy...would the writer just say that to add more Hollywood style drama to the whole story, which seems a little sick??? Or did detectives just think it required a routine investigation to confirm the cause of death and rule out mischief. I'm feeling very detective-like myself because in reality, it totally struck a nerve with me because one of my sons is deathly allergic to peanuts. 

I think I understand that Matthew Lee was also a paramedic, which is the ultimate irony in the situation. Unless he was asthmatic, it just doesn't make sense. (your throat closes so quick, you die very fast when you are asthmatic with the peanut allergy). Even if he didn't have his epipen with him, he knew what he needed to do, he should have had enough time for a 911 response...seems still mysterious to me and has deeply disturbed me since I read that. Just a very sad time for the baseball loving circle of friends connected to Bryan Stow. This has totally tugged on my heartstrings. Thumbs up to Barry Bonds for doing something good for all the right reasons. 

On another note jdawg, I came to the realization last week that the Phillies are going nowhere unless they can get pass the Giants. wink  I have to admit, I love the dynamics of your team, so California... Mr. Leave It To Beaver behind home plate (I miss Buster) with pot-smoking Tim on the mound and then the character that has become the bearded one.... big_smile My daughter's boyfriend and family are huge Phillies fans and travel to other ballparks in summer; they will be in attendance for 2 of the 3 upcoming games in SanFran.  I just found out recently that my nephew who lives in SanFran was one of the folks in the water during the world series waiting to catch a ball.

ohiodawg13 wrote:

As of the 11pm news Lee's death was termed, unrelated, but according to your article it's being investigated nonetheless. Lee was the lead witness, but not the only one. These 2 are career criminals and no doubt should receive a lengthy stretch behind bars, but you never know in LA's courts what might transcend.

Think Guilty Verdict,

J Dawg

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

140 (edited by ahsmith33 2011-08-03 13:35:26)

trying to avoid the sweep today at WSH, but some good news emerges. Joe Simpson one of the Braves regular TV announcers says "he's hotter than a dancing bobcat", whatever that means. Let's see, 3 run HR last Fri and 3 run HR Sat, only a single on Sun, 2 homers on Mon, now if we could just figure out how to win some of these. Most of this, with or without people on the DL, has been untimely hitting, lots of LOB's.

http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/news/arti … p;c_id=atl

Tres

Daniel just hit another 3 run dinger in the 5th at WSH, now he's hotter than a bobcat on roller skates roll

141 (edited by Shredit 2011-08-03 13:14:49)

I've always respected Kirk Gibson, and he has turned the DBacks around....hate to say it, but the Giants are done....look for Philly and Arizona to play for the National League pennant.....I really want to see my hated Yanks win it all, but I stiil believe Boston will take the AL.....

DOWN TO THE WIRE!!

I see the Cardinals winning this year.

Curby wrote:

I see the Cardinals winning this year.

Curby - I like your way of thinking!!!  big_smile

~Rhonda
...go Yadi!!!!

"I don't think obsessions have reasons, that's why they're obsessions....National Geographic likes their pictures in focus..." Robert Kincaid

144 (edited by ohiodawg13 2011-08-04 08:51:51)

Shredit wrote:

I've always respected Kirk Gibson, and he has turned the DBacks around....hate to say it, but the Giants are done....look for Philly and Arizona to play for the National League pennant.....I really want to see my hated Yanks win it all, but I stiil believe Boston will take the AL.....

DOWN TO THE WIRE!!

Giants 8 to 1 over the snakes this afternoon with the bulk of the offense provided by Beltran & Cabrera, back in 1st place alone. I'm surprised that, Shreddy from Fremont, would give a douche bag like Gibson ANY respect after the way he gloated and showboated all the way around the bases after the World Series home run off your homeboy Dennis Eckersley, a guy with more class in his little finger than Gibson.

Think Green,

J Dawg