Re: 2024 Major League Baseball season

ohiodawg13 wrote:

Hey Rick, 2nd ugliest uniform of all time on the tube tonight, oops! maybe third, I forgot about the ChiSox sailor suit with short pants uni. Brown, Yellow, & Orange....Oh my! Didn't they call that uniform Beans & Cheese? Where's the tortilla??? BTW, helluva game, more Baseball Torture. On to the 12th.

Think Game Over Giants!!!

J Dawg

Great start by Harang, typical ending J Dawg. Yes, that is the notorious Beans and Cheese outfit. I think a green hat would have made a nice guacamole accent.  lol We need some kind of comic relief.

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Tuned in to the last of 4 with the Pads, but we may have a delayed start. No it's not raining, not a lighting glitch(it's a day game), but a bee swarm on the field! The pre-game show reported this oddity and apparently it's not the first time it's happened @ Petco Park. First pitch in just a minute, maybe, if the queen takes her gang elsewhere. Apparently the bees found a better place to watch the game, damn, I was hopin' they'd sting that trash talkin' Latos on his tongue. Nope the bees are still in the park swarming just over the center field wall, only problem, one less camera man.

VIVA Gigantes!!!

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

ohiodawg13 wrote:

Tuned in to the last of 4 with the Pads, but we may have a delayed start. No it's not raining, not a lighting glitch(it's a day game), but a bee swarm on the field! The pre-game show reported this oddity and apparently it's not the first time it's happened @ Petco Park. First pitch in just a minute, maybe, if the queen takes her gang elsewhere. Apparently the bees found a better place to watch the game, damn, I was hopin' they'd sting that trash talkin' Latos on his tongue. Nope the bees are still in the park swarming just over the center field wall, only problem, one less camera man.

VIVA Gigantes!!!

J Dawg

Take the gift and slink away. Pads find a way again to turn a possible winning effort around.  roll

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

112 (edited by ohiodawg13 2011-07-17 23:12:29)

RickB wrote:
ohiodawg13 wrote:

VIVA Gigantes!!!

J Dawg

Take the gift and slink away. Pads find a way again to turn a possible winning effort around.  roll

Slink away????? The Giants are the World Champs, they don't do no stinkin' slinkin'!!! Hell, they've got their own TV show that airs each Wed. night on Showtime, The Franchise...A Season With The Giants. They should be home by now and thinkin' about those Fargin' Doyers startin' tomorrow night.

VIVA Gigantes!!!

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

113 (edited by Shredit 2011-07-18 11:26:19)

The Giants are for real.....now they have to get a bat before the trade deadline....I'll give up Johnny Sanchez and some top minor league prospects for a 300 hitter with some pop....oh by the way, Derek Jeter just got booted as my favorite Yankee....what a loser....I would like to see The Giants and Red Sox for all the marbles

Shreddy

P.S.....I'm done sulking....Mr.Moods knows me by now  roll

Shredit wrote:

The Giants are for real.....now they have to get a bat before the trade deadline....I'll give up Johnny Sanchez and some top minor league prospects for a 300 hitter with some pop....oh by the way, Derek Jeter just got booted as my favorite Yankee....what a loser....I would like to see The Giants and Red Sox for all the marbles

Shreddy

P.S.....I'm done sulking....Mr.Moods knows me by now  roll

Well, they can have Adam Dunn if they want him.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Hey Bill, I'll take that bigg sun a beech  big_smile....he wiffs alot, but he has a good eye at the plate too

Shreddy...."the older I get, the better I was"

Shredit wrote:

Hey Bill, I'll take that bigg sun a beech  big_smile....he wiffs alot, but he has a good eye at the plate too

I love the guy, but he got off to a terrible start with the Sox and just can't pull out of it. Pretty sure this is far and away his worst year in his career. I think he's been pressing and it's getting worse...I think he needs a change of scenery.

Can yall carry his contract Bill?.....we got this bum named Zito, he's in the last year of a $120 Million  roll ....I know Dunn can hit the ball into McCovey Cove.....I went last Sunday to Buster Posey bobble head day, the line to get in was 6 city blocks, and this was 3 hours before the gates open!!...had all the young neices and nephews tagging along  roll.....never got me one, had to get the little tikes in the park, or they were going to wet their pants  sad ....oh well

Shreddy

Shredit wrote:

Can yall carry his contract Bill?.....we got this bum named Zito, he's in the last year of a $120 Million  roll ....I know Dunn can hit the ball into McCovey Cove.....I went last Sunday to Buster Posey bobble head day, the line to get in was 6 city blocks, and this was 3 hours before the gates open!!...had all the young neices and nephews tagging along  roll.....never got me one, had to get the little tikes in the park, or they were going to wet their pants  sad ....oh well

Shreddy

Yeah not to one up you Shred but we have the king of the overpaid players...Alfonso

Shredit wrote:

Shreddy

I'll try this again...damn bot!
Yeah not to one up you Shred but we have the king of the overpaid players...Alfonso "I can't even catch a fly ball" Soriano. He is without a doubt the worst left fielder I've ever seen. One of my friends was defending him and saying how many assists he had from the outfield. My reply was that half of those were throwing guys out at second after he had dropped an easy fly ball.

On another note, I didn't realize Buster Posey was such a draw...hope the nieces and nephews weren't too disappointed on missing out.

Bill S wrote:
Shredit wrote:

I love the guy, but he got off to a terrible start with the Sox and just can't pull out of it. Pretty sure this is far and away his worst year in his career. I think he's been pressing and it's getting worse...I think he needs a change of scenery.

specifically, he cannot hit left handed pitching this year. with no DH what do you do, start him against righties only? seems like it was late June this year when he finally got his first hit off a lefty. I wouldn't want to give up much of anything for him.

Tres

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

121 (edited by Shredit 2011-07-21 02:25:37)

Clayton Koufax Kershaw threw one hell of a gem AGAIN!!....against the Gigantes that is....Timmy "they took away my mojo"Lincecum gave up a jimmy jack to a cat hitting under the Mendoza line....major league baseball should not penalize a pot head, it certainly is no perfomance enhancer, with an exception that it could calm down the nerves....anyhow back to Kershaw, he OWNS the Giants.....oh yeah, Brian Sabean our GM goes and picks up a Judy with 4 homers from the Disastros....oh pleeeeze...

Shreddy is going ni-night now *** I smoke two bones in the morning, I smoke two bones at night***  lol

Shredit wrote:

Clayton Koufax Kershaw threw one hell of a gem AGAIN!!....against the Gigantes that is....Timmy "they took away my mojo"Lincecum gave up a jimmy jack to a cat hitting under the Mendoza line....major league baseball should not penalize a pot head, it certainly is no perfomance enhancer, with an exception that it could calm down the nerves....anyhow back to Kershaw, he OWNS the Giants.....oh yeah, Brian Sabean our GM goes and picks up a Judy with 4 homers from the Disastros....oh pleeeeze...

Shreddy is going ni-night now *** I smoke two bones in the morning, I smoke two bones at night***  lol

I smoke 2 joints when I play video games......@ every 10,000 points..... I smoke 2 joints!!! Last time out @ At&T I got me a "Let Tim Smoke" T-shirt from a street vendor. I chose that one rather than "Tim Plays Better On Grass" LOL!, gotta love the vibe @ Giants games. Got tix for Aug. 9th vs. the Pirates......Grateful Dead Tribute Night, an annual event the Giants do.

Think Green,

J Dawg

New developments out of LA on the Bryan Stow beating. Police have arrested 3 people they feel are the actual perps in the Stow beating case, two men who beat Stow & the woman that drove the car they left in. Hope they got it right this time! The gangbanger they first arrested is still in jail on a parole violation which is all they had been holding him on. Latest news on Stow's recovery is he uttered his last name to his doctor yesterday when the doc asked him, followed by a thumbs up.

Get Well Bryan,

J Dawg

That was really good news Dawg, I think they got it right this time from interviewing people that sat around these 2 jerks. A little better job of investigating now, they were just in a hurry to pin it on someone before. Excellent news also on the progress, we are all hoping for a complete recovery. Keep on keepin on Bryan, lots of people pulling for you.

Tres

Minor setback for Bryan since that post. He underwent another brain surgery to reduce some swelling since he is not in the drug induced coma any longer, but is doing OK since the surgery. The arrest is in the news here daily and it does appear these are the guilty parties. The LAPD is hoping more evidence will come in from reported other fans that got in these morons way, Stow wasn't the only one they beat up that night. Musta been some really nasty crank or suntin!!!

Get Well Bryan/VIVA Gigantes!!!

J Dawg

looks like it's between ussuns and youans Dawg, but what happened to Philly? We are hurting again in center and at the plate, McCann went on the DL and Freddie decided to let Jordan Schafer play last night. Bad idea, Jordan was hit on his same bad wrist while batting and now he may have to go on the DL. Chipper comes back after the meniscus surgery and strains his quad. We just have not been able to get everyone healthy all at one time, what's new. I'm hoping the Bravos offer some good pitching prospects and it is too much to turn down. let the sweepstakes conclude!

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/Carl … ine-072711

Tres