Re: 2024 Major League Baseball season

The squirrel was a no show, sorry Rhonda. wink I've read some really good articles in Sports Illustrated throughout the baseball season about how the Cardinals have done everything right business wise, building their team and having great players coming up constantly through their farm system. The Cardinals aren't going away anytime soon.

Congrats to Boston (and Sandy-you got your wish on Mischief Night instead)! Bostonians deserve something to cheer about, I can only imagine what security was like at that game last night.

And thumbs up again to Shane Victorino! And gotta love Ortiz, what a cool dude, love the way he got his team pumped up!

RickB wrote:

I'm hoping for a game 7 Angela. Bring on that squirrel! big_smile
Rick

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

It was a fun series.  I really thought it would go seven, but very relieved it didn't.  The Cardinals are a great team, and I really think it could have gone either way.  I think it was just meant to be this year.  And thank you Philadelphia for Mr. Victorino.

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

I posted this on FB this morning and felt I wanted to share here, too.

"I am watching the Red Sox parade and I am so damn proud of this team and this city. They just showed a player holding up THE trophy - in 2004 the crowd was more psyched about the hardware than anything. This time the trophy seems like an afterthought and the biggest cheers are reserved for the players.. This team, this scruffy and scrappy bunch, has helped heal the psyche of a very hurt city and long into the future I think this team will be much more remembered than the 2004 one. From worst to first - beards and all - thank you."

Sorry about hijacking your thread, but this has just been so special.

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

Sandy,

It was a great series and a fantastic win to go from worst to first, that in itself brings hope to other sports fans. Winning for your city = AWESOME!!

samjp4 wrote:

I posted this on FB this morning and felt I wanted to share here, too.

"I am watching the Red Sox parade and I am so damn proud of this team and this city. They just showed a player holding up THE trophy - in 2004 the crowd was more psyched about the hardware than anything. This time the trophy seems like an afterthought and the biggest cheers are reserved for the players.. This team, this scruffy and scrappy bunch, has helped heal the psyche of a very hurt city and long into the future I think this team will be much more remembered than the 2004 one. From worst to first - beards and all - thank you."

Sorry about hijacking your thread, but this has just been so special.

Sandy

Zito's out, Hudson's in! Tim Hudson decided to return to the Bay Area, but will be on the west side of the Bay this time. Turns out the Giants were his first choice and they accommodated him to the tune of 23 million for 2 years. All involved hope his competitive fire rubs off on the other Tim who will be back next season as well. 2014 is an even numbered year like 2010 and 2012.

Viva Gigantes!!!

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

woke up to this news and am shocked. I really thought he wanted to finish his career in Atlanta, and thought the Braves would accommodate. He was 8-7 last year before the ankle break, 3.97 ERA. I guess the Braves didn't offer much money, we have a lot of large mouths to feed. The great news is that he and Kim are totally into the community scene, giving their time and efforts to all kinds of fund raising projects and other worthwhile programs. He's even got his kids to pitch in, they make regular appearances at hospitals to visit sick children. The whole family is a bunch of winners, period. I hate to see him go but hope that he does well with SF, he will be missed. For Giants fans, you will have to get used to him saying "you know". He uses it a lot.

ohiodawg13 wrote:

Zito's out, Hudson's in! Tim Hudson decided to return to the Bay Area, but will be on the west side of the Bay this time. Turns out the Giants were his first choice and they accommodated him to the tune of 23 million for 2 years. All involved hope his competitive fire rubs off on the other Tim who will be back next season as well. 2014 is an even numbered year like 2010 and 2012.

Viva Gigantes!!!

J Dawg

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

The word on this trade was Hudson probably could have made more money playing elsewhere, but felt his chances of winning a ring were better in SF. Now if Sabean can find an All-Star quality, everyday left fielder Huddy's dream may come true.

Viva Gigantes!!!

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

I'm not sure how Atlanta Braves fans feel, but I always respected Brian McCaan...sorry to see him heading to the Yankees.

The season is upon us, let the trash talking begin. The Braves have been in the news because of more pitching injuries. Kris Medlen had to leave the game Sunday with an elbow ligament injury, will be evaluated ASAP and it doesn't look good. Brandon Beachy had some tightness in his bicep on Monday and had to come out, but the elbow is OK according to doctors. He had surgery and was out last year. So today they went and picked up Ervin Santana for a year at 14.5 million. He has had arm issues in the past as well, not sure if this was a good signing, only time will tell. So, I'm not starting with any trash talk at this time. Got any news on your team?

I'm feeling a little glass half full about my Phils. Strategically as an organization they have not managed aging players and salaries well, which I think is going to cost more than their wallet now!! i'm hoping they surprise all the naysayers.

According to Sports Illustrated, the Cardinals are the best at always having players coming up and managing their team well to keep the best guys playing.

ahsmith33 wrote:

The season is upon us, let the trash talking begin. The Braves have been in the news because of more pitching injuries. Kris Medlen had to leave the game Sunday with an elbow ligament injury, will be evaluated ASAP and it doesn't look good. Brandon Beachy had some tightness in his bicep on Monday and had to come out, but the elbow is OK according to doctors. He had surgery and was out last year. So today they went and picked up Ervin Santana for a year at 14.5 million. He has had arm issues in the past as well, not sure if this was a good signing, only time will tell. So, I'm not starting with any trash talk at this time. Got any news on your team?

Angela wrote:

I'm feeling a little glass half full about my Phils. Strategically as an organization they have not managed aging players and salaries well, which I think is going to cost more than their wallet now!! i'm hoping they surprise all the naysayers.

According to Sports Illustrated, the Cardinals are the best at always having players coming up and managing their team well to keep the best guys playing.

ahsmith33 wrote:

Cubs all the way!!!!

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Think someone could update thread title to 2014 Season? Sorry to be picky.....

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

the forum members that post on this topic, and there are not many, know full well what year it is. Besides, it will be basically the same as other years - Cubs in the basement (sorry Bill), Braves playing postseason wannabes, Padres playing a lot of young'uns, Nats underachieving, Phils playing Dr. Jeckyll & Mr. Hyde, and Giants trying to get back to winning form as in previous years. lol Speaking of which, where the hell has Dawg been? We need you back man, it's time to clean off the dish and step up to the plate. You got Timmy Hudson, "you know", can't be all bad. Thanks Mike, but I think Shreddy or a mod has to change it, I don't know how it's done.   

BansheeUK wrote:

Think someone could update thread title to 2014 Season? Sorry to be picky.....

You think the Rangers may have run out of steam, after coming so close in recent years? Think Mariners will ever get it right?

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

You probably know more than I do about the AL, I try to ignore them until postseason. smile My son has Shin-Soo Choo of the Rangers on his fantasy team, damn I thought he was still with the Reds.

BansheeUK wrote:

You think the Rangers may have run out of steam, after coming so close in recent years? Think Mariners will ever get it right?

Padres fan on his knees. Not looking too good already with key starters down with injuries. sad
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

I feel your pain, same situation in Atlanta. This is pretty cool, I'd like to have a few even though not a coin collector. You just have to scroll down to the very last paragraph, classic! Don't we just love hating on the Fargin Doyers?

http://news.msn.com/pop-culture/san-fra … urved-coin

RickB wrote:

Padres fan on his knees. Not looking too good already with key starters down with injuries. sad
Rick

ahsmith33 wrote:

I feel your pain, same situation in Atlanta. This is pretty cool, I'd like to have a few even though not a coin collector. You just have to scroll down to the very last paragraph, classic! Don't we just love hating on the Fargin Doyers?

http://news.msn.com/pop-culture/san-fra … urved-coin

RickB wrote:

Rick

That is cool. On the bright side though, there will be TV again as the two year old blackout is resolved for local cable.

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381