55 (edited by ohiodawg13 2011-06-06 23:05:43)

Re: 2020 Major League Baseball season

Dream on, who's got the best record in baseball today......hope I just didn't jinx the Tribe!!!!

                                                                                                                     Go Tribe!!!

                                                                                                                     J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

Re: 2020 Major League Baseball season

Home again and back to basics. Lost in awful fashion to the Astros???! 3 errors in the third made me turn off the game in disgust.  roll
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Re: 2020 Major League Baseball season

ohiodawg13 wrote:

Dream on, who's got the best recocrd in baseball today......hope I just didn't jinx the Tribe!!!!

                                                                                                                     Go Tribe!!!

                                                                                                                     J Dawg

Ooops, 4 losses in a row for the Tribe and a shrinking lead. We know all about jinxes here in Chicago.
Cubs are in free fall and the Sox look like they just lost Peavy to the DL again.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Re: 2020 Major League Baseball season

Bill S wrote:
ohiodawg13 wrote:

Dream on, who's got the best recocrd in baseball today......hope I just didn't jinx the Tribe!!!!

                                                                                                                     Go Tribe!!!

                                                                                                                     J Dawg

Ooops, 4 losses in a row for the Tribe and a shrinking lead. We know all about jinxes here in Chicago.
Cubs are in free fall and the Sox look like they just lost Peavy to the DL again.

Losing to the Twins, could be in trouble.

                                                                                                                  Go Tribe!!!

                                                                                                                  J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

Re: 2020 Major League Baseball season

small ball has really become an art form. Another nice win Rick, and looks like SD is on at least a mini roll, 8 or 9 out of the last 12 I think. However, we stuck the pin in the party hog last night at FLA, winning 1-0 on a total of 2 hits. One of the hits was a home run, does that still count as small ball?

Tres

I remember pi R Squared in math class ............. wait, I know for sure Junior Sample told Grandpa "Pie are round, Cornbread are square"

Re: 2020 Major League Baseball season

ahsmith33 wrote:

small ball has really become an art form. Another nice win Rick, and looks like SD is on at least a mini roll, 8 or 9 out of the last 12 I think. However, we stuck the pin in the party hog last night at FLA, winning 1-0 on a total of 2 hits. One of the hits was a home run, does that still count as small ball?

Tres

We take what we can get here Tres. It looks like sending a starter down and having the owner and GM on the last road trip did the job. We'll see if it lasts. Stauffer was amazing last night, a career game for him and it couldn't happen to a better man. His character showed when he was drafted and told the management he had an injury that might need surgery, took a big hit in pay but came back to where he is. My kind of player! There is still a long way to go considering the hole they are in, but who knows? Homers and small ball? Like us, a win is a win. Keep on truckin.

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Re: 2020 Major League Baseball season

I'm really surprised that my Yankees are doing as well, they may have lost Texiera for awhile, getting hit on the knee cap with a 90mph pitch aint good......Boston in Yankee Stadium doesnt get any better than that on a hot June night

Shreddy

Re: 2020 Major League Baseball season

Shreddy,

I'll see your Yankee game and raise you by a Cardinal game!!

~Rhonda

"I don't think obsessions have reasons, that's why they're obsessions....National Geographic likes their pictures in focus..." Robert Kincaid

63 (edited by ohiodawg13 2011-06-09 02:11:50)

Re: 2020 Major League Baseball season

photogal wrote:

Shreddy,

I'll see your Yankee game and raise you by a Cardinal game!!

~Rhonda

Tip of the cap to the Cards Rhonda, 1 loss behind the Phils for the best record. I'm still a fan of Tony LaRussa since his days here managing Oakland and he still makes his home here and runs ARF, Animal Rescue Foundation, a very worthy cause.

                  www.arf.net     

                                                                                                                           Think Green,

                                                                                                                           J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

Re: 2020 Major League Baseball season

ohiodawg13 wrote:
photogal wrote:

Shreddy,

I'll see your Yankee game and raise you by a Cardinal game!!

~Rhonda

Tip of the cap to the Cards Rhonda, 1 loss behind the Phils for the best record. I'm still a fan of Tony LaRussa since his days here managing Oakland and he still makes his home here and runs ARF, Animal Rescue Foundation, a very worthy cause.

                  www.arf.net     

                                                                                                                           Think Green,

                                                                                                                           J Dawg

J Dawg,

It is truly amazing where the Cardinals are, considering Wainwright is out for the season and Carpenter has not gotten any  run support in the early part of the season. We have a young kid, Jaime Garcia plowing through games and Kyle Lohse seems to have found his stride this year. Berkman has been an awesome bonus and everyone seems to be doing their part and stepping up when asked. And I can't forget YADI!!!! I just love watching him throw a bullet down to second or picking one off at first!!

Baseball is awesome, unless that is you are a Cubs fan! (Sorry Bill S - I couldn't help myself) lol

~Rhonda

"I don't think obsessions have reasons, that's why they're obsessions....National Geographic likes their pictures in focus..." Robert Kincaid

Re: 2020 Major League Baseball season

I was originally a pirates fan, from when I was 6 and they won the series on Maz's homer, 1960. Continued to follow them for many years, and was excited when they made the '71 WS. Jose Pagan passed away just recently, and although he was not one of my favorite players I do remember he was important to that team. On that Sunday of game 7 vs the orioles in '71, I was not watching baseball, but instead was at an Atlanta Falcons football game. Dad got free tickets and forced me to go. I missed all of the game, came out to learn that Steve Blass had gotten the job done. Until I saw the write up on Pagan's passing I had forgotten that it was a 0-0 game in the 7th or 8th when he doubled plating two runs. The pirates held on to win 2-1 and take the series from BAL. RIP Jose Pagan.

Tres

I remember pi R Squared in math class ............. wait, I know for sure Junior Sample told Grandpa "Pie are round, Cornbread are square"

Re: 2020 Major League Baseball season

Rhonda, I heard that Allen Craig, who played @ Cal went to see the Bears in the Regional Playoffs against Baylor and about 10 team mates including Yadi & Albert went with him to root for the Golden Bears. That kind of comraderie says a lot about the Cards chemistry which can help take a team to the "big prize".

                                                                                                                                 VIVA Gigantes!!!

                                                                                                                                 J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

Re: 2020 Major League Baseball season

photogal wrote:
ohiodawg13 wrote:
photogal wrote:

Shreddy,

I'll see your Yankee game and raise you by a Cardinal game!!

~Rhonda

Tip of the cap to the Cards Rhonda, 1 loss behind the Phils for the best record. I'm still a fan of Tony LaRussa since his days here managing Oakland and he still makes his home here and runs ARF, Animal Rescue Foundation, a very worthy cause.

                  www.arf.net     

                                                                                                                           Think Green,

                                                                                                                           J Dawg

J Dawg,

It is truly amazing where the Cardinals are, considering Wainwright is out for the season and Carpenter has not gotten any  run support in the early part of the season. We have a young kid, Jaime Garcia plowing through games and Kyle Lohse seems to have found his stride this year. Berkman has been an awesome bonus and everyone seems to be doing their part and stepping up when asked. And I can't forget YADI!!!! I just love watching him throw a bullet down to second or picking one off at first!!

Baseball is awesome, unless that is you are a Cubs fan! (Sorry Bill S - I couldn't help myself) lol

~Rhonda

Oh sure, kick a guy while his team is having a bad century or two!

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Re: 2020 Major League Baseball season

Bill, many thanks for last night since I'm an ATL fan, but no thanks to the umpires. They nearly cost the cubbies the game on an apparent home run. That is a rule that must be changed. If you are at home, and all you have to do to prevent a home run is have a fan lean over and touch a ball on it's way out, that is wrong. Yours(PHI) should be a double as called, but if it's the opposing team then they should get the HR, just my opinion. so they still won in extras thanks to an error. I didn't see them escorting that fan out either, guess they bought him a beer instead. the weather was extra special. Go Cubs and anyone else that can beat the phillies.

Tres

I remember pi R Squared in math class ............. wait, I know for sure Junior Sample told Grandpa "Pie are round, Cornbread are square"

Re: 2020 Major League Baseball season

OK Tres,  thought we were friends?  smile  Hubby thinks the railing should be higher...I can see both sides, but if I was at the game and a high speed ball was coming towards me, I'd duck, but most people try to catch it, its instinct.  I gave my 2 tickets to a friend for last night's game, but my son was there with 65 people celebrating a graduation...he was still wet when he got home, smelled like a puppy...what a storm!!!!  There was a tornado watch about 30 minutes away from where the game was, where my daughter was volunteering for alumni weekend.  She was stationed on the top of a bldg. to give a tour of the observatory!!! She was really scared and thankful it was cancelled.

ahsmith33 wrote:

I was originally a pirates fan, from when I was 6 and they won the series on Maz's homer, 1960. Continued to follow them for many years, and was excited when they made the '71 WS. Jose Pagan passed away just recently, and although he was not one of my favorite players I do remember he was important to that team. On that Sunday of game 7 vs the orioles in '71, I was not watching baseball, but instead was at an Atlanta Falcons football game. Dad got free tickets and forced me to go. I missed all of the game, came out to learn that Steve Blass had gotten the job done. Until I saw the write up on Pagan's passing I had forgotten that it was a 0-0 game in the 7th or 8th when he doubled plating two runs. The pirates held on to win 2-1 and take the series from BAL. RIP Jose Pagan.

Tres

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

Re: 2020 Major League Baseball season

8:42 PM  Freddy Sanchez goes down w/ injury. Giants, getting it done, anyway they can

                                                                                                                                          Think Green,

                                                                                                                                          J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

Re: 2020 Major League Baseball season

Freddy suffered a seperated shoulder, that makes 7 starters on the DL since opening day, but somehow The Giants still maintain a slim lead in the west in large part due to the bullpen arms. Sanchez is a tough loss to the anemic offense, Freddy was closing in on a .300 ave., the best on the team.

                                                                                                                        VIVA Gigantes!!!

                                                                                                                        J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

Re: 2020 Major League Baseball season

Finally it's 6/26, been waitin' for this day since the MLB schedule came out. Got tix above the SF dugout to see my 2 favorites play ball tonight. Unfortunately ESPN moved the game to 5PM which fouled up some local music plans I had for after the game when it was a 1PM start, but the game prevails. Regardless of who wins J Dawg goes home happy.

                                                                                                                     Go Giants/Tribe!!!

                                                                                                                     J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint