Re: 2024 Major League Baseball season

Agreed Bill. roll Major League Hotdog! I doubt any club would even consider him. (but who knows....)
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

RickB wrote:

OK, back to baseball. Hey Tres, what did you think of the "retirement play" re the Cubbies. The Big Z went out in style. I thought he was going to plunk Chipper good! (We had the game on tv here.) Just when you think you've seen it all.
Rick

He had already hit Uggla next time up after he homered. I looked at my son and said there must be payback for that. Well there was none, thank God since it was Bobby's night. A complete meltdown by CZ, and you don't throw at a club's premier alltime guy to make a point. I feel sorry for the Cubs in all this, I think their GM actually called the Braves and apologized. Hell, it's embarrasing for the whole game. Cubs don't have to put up with that anymore, it's bad enough not having a better record this year but then to heap this on top. a good series though for them, and a real winning streak in progress. Castro and Barney are looking like allstars right now. Sorry to see Dan's streak go, but I bet he is relieved.

Tres

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

ahsmith33 wrote:
RickB wrote:

OK, back to baseball. Hey Tres, what did you think of the "retirement play" re the Cubbies. The Big Z went out in style. I thought he was going to plunk Chipper good! (We had the game on tv here.) Just when you think you've seen it all.
Rick

He had already hit Uggla next time up after he homered. I looked at my son and said there must be payback for that. Well there was none, thank God since it was Bobby's night. A complete meltdown by CZ, and you don't throw at a club's premier alltime guy to make a point. I feel sorry for the Cubs in all this, I think their GM actually called the Braves and apologized. Hell, it's embarrasing for the whole game. Cubs don't have to put up with that anymore, it's bad enough not having a better record this year but then to heap this on top. a good series though for them, and a real winning streak in progress. Castro and Barney are looking like allstars right now. Sorry to see Dan's streak go, but I bet he is relieved.

Tres

Jim Hendry, the Cubs GM, was really peeved at Z for a few things, not the least of which was tarnishing Cox's special night. He did indeed call the Braves and apologize for Z's actions. Although I'm not a big fan of Soriano's baseball skills, I understand he went in the dugout after the inning ended and told Zambrano he was making the team look bad and that his actions were a bad reflection on all of his teammates...sounds like he basically told him to grow up (yeah, like that'll happen)...and for that, Soriano has my respect.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

OUCH!!!!!!! The Bravos pull one out. Bochy lives and dies with Wilson and better take the blame for not lifting him after givin' up a run. Baseball TORTURE as we call it around here.

VIVA Gigantes!!!

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

ohiodawg13 wrote:

OUCH!!!!!!! The Bravos pull one out. Bochy lives and dies with Wilson and better take the blame for not lifting him after givin' up a run. Baseball TORTURE as we call it around here.

VIVA Gigantes!!!

J Dawg

A classic el foldo! I was watching with Bibi and Martin, houseguests visiting for a bit on a vacation from Holland, trying to explain the game (baseball is like cricket to us)  roll . What a comeback! We've had a great string of closers down here and each has his days when nothing works.

Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

RickB wrote:
ohiodawg13 wrote:

VIVA Gigantes!!!

J Dawg

A classic el foldo! I was watching with Bibi and Martin, houseguests visiting for a bit on a vacation from Holland, trying to explain the game (baseball is like cricket to us)  roll . What a comeback! We've had a great string of closers down here and each has his days when nothing works.

I figured he was due, it's been too easy in his last 4 or 5 outings. When you load 'em up and then run the count full you're flirtin' with disaster. Wilson's no Rob Nen.

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

so the new mantra is "Beer the Feared", that is you need to buy Freddie Freeman an adult beverage of his choice on that miracle. Home plate ump had a weird zone going on, some to previous hitters looked like strikes to me and then at least one he called a strike to Freddie looked like a ball. I could not figure him out. One win doth not a series make, 3 more and if this was any indication it will be tooth and nail all the way.

Tres

You called it Tres, not only a nail biter, but extra innings. The injuries are piling up @ a ridiculous pace for the Giants.  That line up last night reflected it with the Panda having to play 1st base due to his injury. Gonna be very tough to win anything with so many guys dinged up. The outfield changes made for 2 highlight reel plays with Huff's going away catch and Brandon Belt throwing behind Freeman to nail him @ 1st. The Sept. call ups can't come soon enough!

VIVA Gigantes!!!

J Dawg

That was a great play by Huff, you should have heard me scream NOOOOOO all the way to CA. I hate that they are going through so many injuries, we've been there but almost have everybody healthy now. Our highlight of last night was Delgado the rookie pitcher taking the no hitter into the 7th. We may have found us another arm for the stretch run. Cody Ross welcomed him properly to the big leagues. But the sun don't shine on the same dog's rear end all of the time, 2 more to go. Thank you Arizona for a great 9th inning win.

Tres

190 (edited by ohiodawg13 2011-08-17 17:20:35)

ahsmith33 wrote:

That was a great play by Huff, you should have heard me scream NOOOOOO all the way to CA. I hate that they are going through so many injuries, we've been there but almost have everybody healthy now. Our highlight of last night was Delgado the rookie pitcher taking the no hitter into the 7th. We may have found us another arm for the stretch run. Cody Ross welcomed him properly to the big leagues. But the sun don't shine on the same dog's rear end all of the time, 2 more to go. Thank you Arizona for a great 9th inning win.

Tres

Cain tonight, Timmy tomorrow, a few timely hits should avoid a sweep. Good God i hope we get outta Hot 'Lanta without any further injuries, this is ridiculous!!! BTW Tres, watched most of the game with Uggla's sis and hubby and Janey whooped it up when big bro' got the hit in the 9th as a buddy sittin' next to me said, what are you a Braves fan? I explained quickly that it was her brother and immediately Joe responds to her, oh that's really cool and engaged in some Uggla chat.

VIVA Gigantes!!!

J Dawg

Well, we got the hits, but had to throw in some drama to make it......TORTURE! 7-1 lead shrinks to 7-5 before the dust settled. Good news on Wilson, last night there was talk of Tommy John surgery, but after a trip to Fla. to see Dr. Andrews, he was listed as just soreness in his elbow and needs about 4 days rest. How much adversity can this team handle? BTW, THANK YOU PHILADELPHIA!!!!!

VIVA Gigantes!!!

J Dawg

Gotta run, time for The Franchise!!!

that is way cool getting to watch Daniel with them. We actually turned the game off last night and listened to music for a while. I was going on to bed when we turned it back on in the bottom of the 9th. Close but no late heroics this time. That is really good news on Brian, something they needed to hear after all of the other injuries. Does that mean we won't see him tonight? Timmy has a chance to even it up and that would have to be considered a road success if they can split, especially after Mon and Tues losses. Go Bravos!

Tres

ahsmith33 wrote:

that is way cool getting to watch Daniel with them. We actually turned the game off last night and listened to music for a while. I was going on to bed when we turned it back on in the bottom of the 9th. Close but no late heroics this time. That is really good news on Brian, something they needed to hear after all of the other injuries. Does that mean we won't see him tonight? Timmy has a chance to even it up and that would have to be considered a road success if they can split, especially after Mon and Tues losses. Go Bravos!

Tres

No Wilson at least until Tue./Wed., hopefully. He was one of the featured segments last night on The Franchise. He opened up about losing his father to cancer. No nonsense, just straight talk about how his Dad taught him the game and the way he broke the news to Brian about having the disease, it's a pretty touching story. Even if you're not a Giants fan this is an entertaining show to watch.

VIVA Gigantes!!!

J Dawg

OK J Dawg, time to even up the score. Our kids got nuthin to lose except putting you guys back where they are.  wink On a roll, just swept the Fishies  roll .
Rick

RickB wrote:

OK J Dawg, time to even up the score. Our kids got nuthin to lose except putting you guys back where they are.  wink On a roll, just swept the Fishies  roll .
Rick

OH PLEASE.   hmm

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

I'm thinking everybody, including the world champs, should be afraid of Milwaukee...22-3 over their last 25?? That ain't no fluke!

They have the Brewers on the cover of Sports Illustrated this week, look out for the "curse"....if you believe in such a thing

Shred

Shredit wrote:

They have the Brewers on the cover of Sports Illustrated this week, look out for the "curse"....if you believe in such a thing

Shred

Speaking of curses...Brewers are playing the Cubs. We'll see if the SI curse can alter the Cubs getting swept!