Re: 2024 Major League Baseball season

They just announced the penalties handed down during tonights game. I'm  sure Victorino layin' his hands on the ump was the decisive factor, but he was posessed during the melee. Coaches, players, and the ump tried to keep him out of the scrum, but he kept comin' back for more. Bochy was quoted as saying he was OK with the suspension and fines(which were undisclosed). Off to the park tomorrow night for the annual Grateful Dead Tribute Night, no doubt we'll smell more than hotdogs in the air.

VIVA Gigantes!!!

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

ohiodawg13 wrote:

They just announced the penalties handed down during tonights game. I'm  sure Victorino layin' his hands on the ump was the decisive factor, but he was posessed during the melee. Coaches, players, and the ump tried to keep him out of the scrum, but he kept comin' back for more. Bochy was quoted as saying he was OK with the suspension and fines(which were undisclosed). Off to the park tomorrow night for the annual Grateful Dead Tribute Night, no doubt we'll smell more than hotdogs in the air.

VIVA Gigantes!!!

J Dawg

I'm betting there will be no reefer madness....I hope not, there are TV cameras and security everywhere

Score some runs Giants  roll ,

Shred

165 (edited by ohiodawg13 2011-08-09 16:18:31)

TV cameras ain't gonna stop anybody from bustin' the ganj', but the ballpark is 95% non smoking, however in the designated nicotine areas you always smell a little of the "new mother nature". This ain't the heartland, it's The Cit-tay by the bay-e-ay-a, oh, oh, oh-o-o! The fans sing that one in the middle of the 8th inning and when the Gi's win Tony Bennett serenades the fans on the way out, to be where little cable cars, climb half way to the stars. Can't wait to get out there. There's Grateful Dead tribute bands playing outside before game time. Basebal & music, don't get any better!!!

The Sky Was Yellow
                                                                                                               And The Sun Was Blue,
                                                                                                               I Could Tell Without Askin'
                                                                                                               She Was Into The Blues,

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

Great night @ the ballpark, Giants win 6-0 due to the bats workin' at the oppurtune moments. Cameras, security, and police presence didn't stop the fans on the arcade overlookin' McCovey Cove from firin' up, not that it has to be Dead Tribute night for that to occur. One things for sure, the vibe was very mellow and there was a concert like atmosphere tonight. Maybe puffin the "magic dragon" might reduce the violent outbursts at sporting events.....hmmmmm????

Think Green,

J Dawg

No doubt.  I've often told the test story of 6 guys fishing off the bridge over one of the inlets.  There was alcohol involved and before the night was through, belligerence was ripe to the point of spontaneous combustion.  One wound up hospitalized, all of them battered & bleeding, 4 of 'em arrested.

Several weeks later, same 5-6 knotheads, one of them had a baggie.  This time, not only no fights, but when the law rode up checking catch & size limits, they covered for one another.  Before dawn came they had made a fire under the bridge, ate ALL the fish and went home fat & sassy, best friends...  lol

Legalize It
doctors orders

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

ohiodawg13 wrote:

Great night @ the ballpark, Giants win 6-0 due to the bats workin' at the oppurtune moments. Cameras, security, and police presence didn't stop the fans on the arcade overlookin' McCovey Cove from firin' up, not that it has to be Dead Tribute night for that to occur. One things for sure, the vibe was very mellow and there was a concert like atmosphere tonight. Maybe puffin the "magic dragon" might reduce the violent outbursts at sporting events.....hmmmmm????

Think Green,

J Dawg

Looked like a lot of fun Dawg, ESPN this morning even put a special effects rainbow type filter up while they did HIGHlights. And a hearty AMEN there BJJ, which loosly translated from the Greek or Latin means "so be it". But I do like my beer, so like the movie 28 Days, is it OK to have more than one DOC? el muchos tokos, denada.

Tres

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

Just to clear the air so to speak, I wasn't out there huffin' & puffin' myself. In fact, I drove and only consumed 2 brewskis all evening, one to wash down my brat and chicken apple sausages for dinner, m m good! I will say that pot has helped me in the past, most notably by stimulating my appetite enough to choke down instant breakfast milkshakes instead of having a feeding tube inserted in my stomach to stop my radical weight loss from chemo/radiation treatments 4 years ago. The pros & cons over this issue are many, but as the Fury Freak Bros. once said in R. Crumbs Zap Comix, "Dope will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no dope." Stick that in your pipe and smoke it! LOL!

Think Green,

J Dawg

I knew you were just making an observation on the crowd. My appetite is overstimulated sometimes, however my ex has gone through a tough time with chemo and it helps her a lot. Between the chemo, MS Contin around the clock, Lortab 10's for fill in "breakthrough" pain, and several other medicines, she really needs it to get anything down. Son and I visited her in Gulf Shores,AL this past weekend and I finally had to make her some homemade potato soup to get her to eat. So I know what you went through, sort of. Sorry to get off topic a little, it's all Jeff's fault. lol Hope they don't ban us from the site.

Tres

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

ahsmith33 wrote:

I knew you were just making an observation on the crowd. My appetite is overstimulated sometimes, however my ex has gone through a tough time with chemo and it helps her a lot. Between the chemo, MS Contin around the clock, Lortab 10's for fill in "breakthrough" pain, and several other medicines, she really needs it to get anything down. Son and I visited her in Gulf Shores,AL this past weekend and I finally had to make her some homemade potato soup to get her to eat. So I know what you went through, sort of. Sorry to get off topic a little, it's all Jeff's fault. lol Hope they don't ban us from the site.

Tres

Tres, tell her I'm on her side. Been there, done that, don't ever wanna go back. Failure is not an option, was my battle cry.

Think Remission,

J Dawg

CC  Sabathia was bombed like I havent seen since....well the last game he threw against the Redsox....Mariano, wheres that biting cutter, remember who you are dude  yikes

Shreddy needs some love  sad

ohiodawg13 wrote:

...as the Fury Freak Bros. once said in R. Crumbs Zap Comix, "Dope will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no dope." Stick that in your pipe and smoke it! LOL!

Think Green,

J Dawg

That would be Freewheellin' Franklin!  Wasn't the publisher Rip-Off Press???  What a riot!  big_smile  Those goddam militant cockroaches!  lol

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

174 (edited by Rocket 2011-08-13 05:15:04)

bigjeffjones wrote:

No doubt.  I've often told the test story of 6 guys fishing off the bridge over one of the inlets.  There was alcohol involved and before the night was through, belligerence was ripe to the point of spontaneous combustion.  One wound up hospitalized, all of them battered & bleeding, 4 of 'em arrested.

Several weeks later, same 5-6 knotheads, one of them had a baggie.  This time, not only no fights, but when the law rode up checking catch & size limits, they covered for one another.  Before dawn came they had made a fire under the bridge, ate ALL the fish and went home fat & sassy, best friends...  lol

Legalize It
doctors orders

World-wise words rapped with wholehearted wisdom! Watch world-wide woes without wondering why.....very healthy indeed.
Yes, you gain with no pain, or translated: No pain, know gain!  wink Story tested true, Jefe.   Muchos culebras en un antro de perdición o Snoopy's de Daisy Hill, una granja para los Cachorros.? hmm  roll  smile

Hit it!... out of the park or inside the park homies!
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Rocket wrote:
ohiodawg13 wrote:

...as the Fury Freak Bros. once said in R. Crumbs Zap Comix, "Dope will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no dope." Stick that in your pipe and smoke it! LOL!

Think Green,

J Dawg

That would be Freewheellin' Franklin!  Wasn't the publisher Rip-Off Press???  What a riot!  big_smile  Those goddam militant cockroaches!  lol

Rocket

Correctamundo Rocket Man, he also said, "Smokin' dope & drinkin' beer is like pissin' in the wind!"

Keep On Truckin'

J Dawg

Well it's nice to see our rookie Brandon Belt back from Fresno and just hitting his second homer in Miami after gettin' back in the line-up today. The Giants have a 5-1 lead over the Fish all on home runs, Ross, Schierholtz, & Belts 2. It's about time the bats came alive, we got 4 with the Bravos comin' up. It's time to fish or cut bait....stretch drive!!!

VIVA Gigantes!!!

J Dawg

ohiodawg13 wrote:
Rocket wrote:
ohiodawg13 wrote:

Think Green,

J Dawg

Rocket

Correctamundo Rocket Man, he also said, "Smokin' dope & drinkin' beer is like pissin' in the wind!"

Keep On Truckin'

J Dawg

Phineas Fogg & Fat F***er Freddie, who once put 'caine in the bong with the 'pulco Gold and then ate up the entire weeks groceries.  He also stated that during his eatathon he saw GOD after playing Grand Funk Railroad @ 78 rpm, volume 8...

Not sure that was God  wink  tongue
MuchZapCounterCulture
BJJ THEE Funky Dr of Love

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

Rocket wrote:
bigjeffjones wrote:

Legalize It
doctors orders

World-wise words rapped with wholehearted wisdom! Watch world-wide woes without wondering why.....very healthy indeed.
Yes, you gain with no pain, or translated: No pain, know gain!  wink Story tested true, Jefe.   Muchos culebras en un antro de perdición o Snoopy's de Daisy Hill, una granja para los Cachorros.? hmm  roll  smile

Hit it!... out of the park or inside the park homies!
Rocket

Just saw this mi primo loco!   lol You would compare the snakes in any den of iniquity to the farm system?  smile   I'm shocked.  Shocked I tell ya...  lol  lol   y si chicos todo es mi culpa.   cool   Sports should be entertaining and have some family value.  It is not violence or riot worthy in mi opinion.

The Marlins?  jeesh.

MuchSports:   waiting on feetball american now.  There just hasn't been much in baseball or any other sport to wind my watch in the last year or so.  That might be my fault as well.  distracted I reckon.

Peace
BigJeff

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

OK, back to baseball. Hey Tres, what did you think of the "retirement play" re the Cubbies. The Big Z went out in style. I thought he was going to plunk Chipper good! (We had the game on tv here.) Just when you think you've seen it all.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

RickB wrote:

OK, back to baseball. Hey Tres, what did you think of the "retirement play" re the Cubbies. The Big Z went out in style. I thought he was going to plunk Chipper good! (We had the game on tv here.) Just when you think you've seen it all.
Rick

I hope Big Z never pitches in Chicago again...h*ll, I hope he never pitches for anybody again. A selfish, overpaid head case and a major embarrassment.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"