Topic: BB King and Children's Hospital

I hope I don’t offend or upset anyone with this post.  I know this forum is not set up so that things could be sold but please read entire post before drawing a conclusion.

The reason for this post is that we have 3 tickets for the SOLD OUT Guitar Centers – King of the Blues Guitar Grand Finals with BB King at the House of Blues in Chicago on June 8th for sale. 

Here’s the story behind this post:

We originally bought the tickets so we could take our 6 year old son to see BB King.   Tallan loves the blues and he’s always playing and practicing his guitar, so we purchased the tickets as a reward for him.  Just yesterday I found out that they will not let him in because of his age and the curfew laws in Chicago. 

So we are selling the tickets and we thought we’d like to offer them to Joe’s fans first (we know it’s not Joe’s concert but it’s BB King) and to offer them someone who would love this kind of show.  To see BB alone would be awesome but also with this show, you’ll have the best amateur blues guitarist from all over the nation competing for the title of King of the Blues, going to be a guitar wars fest.

When I told Tallan that we couldn’t go he was heartbroken because he’s been looking forward to this concert for awhile now.  I gave him 2 options: we can sell the tickets and he can buy a new bike or we could donate the money from the tickets to charity.  Immediately he chose charity and the charity that he chose was Children’s Hospital.  He’s giving up getting a bike to give the money to the kids at Children’s.  I asked him why he would be willing to give up a bike for others and his reply was “Because we should Give to Live.”  So to clarify the money is not going to a bike.

So we’re selling the tickets and the money will go to the Miracle Marathon that’s happening over the next couple of day.  The Miracle Marathon is a 3 day telethon sponsored by WKLH a local radio station in Milwaukee with the money being raised going to Children’s Hospital.  If you would like to listen you can click here and there is a link to “Listen Live” link on that page and you can listen to the telethon by way of streaming audio but be warned that there will be tears shed.  There will be heart breaking stories from families with kids at Children’s Hospital.

Our cost for the tickets by the time all the added costs were tacked on was over $100.00.  So anyone that wants the tickets to this SOLD OUT event we’ll sell them for $100.00 and the money will then be donated to the Miracle Marathon and Children's Hospital.  We’ll donate the money when there is a power hour which means that your $100 will be turned into $200.  Power hour means that the sponsor for that hour will match any funds raised during that hour.  Our family will also match your $100 with another $100, so now your $100 will then be turned into $400.  So you’ll not only see a GREAT concert, you’ll also know the money has gone to a GREAT cause.

I have the tickets in a PDF file and can email the tickets to the person who purchases the tickets.  We can make the transaction complete thru PayPal.  If you’d be interested in the tickets or have any questions about them you can email me at: carl@carllatz.com and we can go from there.

Thanks for reading this post and have a GREAT Memorial weekend.

Thanks and God Bless,
Carl and Tallan

PS: Tallan did see and meet Joe in Crystal Lake and is still flying high.

Tallan "The T-Man" Latz
8 year old blues guitarist
www.tallanlatz.com
http://www.myspace.com/tallanlatz

Re: BB King and Children's Hospital

I would purchase the tickets if I could... especially because I work for Children's Hospital in Wisconsin and know what good the money does!  I hope you can find someone to purchase them from you.

And by the way, good job on raising your child to be so thoughtful and giving!!

Sell them on Ebay if you haven't yet, at whatever price you can get above the 100, donate YOUR 100 and maybe the selling price with your 100 will command a higher power hour matching donation?!

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Thanks Kristine for the kind words.  We have been blessed with a healthy and thoughtful son, best of all he's a blues man and loves his guitar.  He's always dropping my jaw with either his guitar playing or his thoughts on life.

Rocket, I thought I would offer them up for sale here before placing them on Ebay.  Thought someone on the forum might like to go and enjoy the concert but there have been no takers so they are going to Ebay.

Tallan "The T-Man" Latz
8 year old blues guitarist
www.tallanlatz.com
http://www.myspace.com/tallanlatz