37 (edited by BansheeUK 2013-04-18 02:30:31)

Re: Saint Jude

As alluded to on the Marcus Bonfanti thread:

The band have been in the studio, and as a "teaser", have an E.P. now available. Featuring 2 new songs finally recorded (live favourites), a Jim Capaldi classic given the Saint Jude treatment, and 4 re-worked and re-recorded semi acoustic versions of classics from the 1st album, this is a little something to keep you going until the 2nd album is ready..

Tracks:-
1. In My Head
2. Garden Of Eden
3. Angel
4. Leave A Light
5. Down And Out
6. Little Queen
7. Whale Meat Again

Worth £7 of anybody's money, I'd say.

(13)

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

38 (edited by BansheeUK 2013-05-23 06:00:30)

Saint Jude - Ladies & Gents

Rave, rave, rave rave. RAVE, rave rave; rave rave rave rave. Rave.

Yeah, its that good; and worringly, its just a taster, a filler until the new album comes out. The band may have changed round a bit, Lynne Jackman and Lee Cook still there, Adam Greene & Colin Palmer Kellogg replaced (?) by Marcus Bonfanti & Scott Wiber with keyboards looking up for grabs, but they’re still playing this like blues/rock’s equivalent of TV’s Ashes To Ashes.

Kicking off with a newbie, In My Head, you’d be excused for thinking Marcus has been on the helium if you’re not familiar with Lynne’s vocal prowess. The whole vibe is like Janis Joplin fronting The Faces re-working Led Zeppelin III, but very much contemporary. Garden of Eden & Angel are acoustic revisits to earlier Saint Jude numbers, sandwiching another new song, Leave A Light, before more acoustic stylings, Down And Out and Little Queen. Then they go back and plug things in for a rattling of Jim Capaldi’s Whale Meat Again.

Coming so close on the heels of thoughts about the new Joe & Beth Hart album, this might smack a bit of being a “low-rent” comparison, and true Lynne Jackman may not share Beth Hart’s demons, but she’s got a voice that could strip pine. Meanwhile Marcus Bonfanti is no muffin on the guitar on any day. No, this is like a Mitsubishi Evo chasing a Porsche 911, may not quite get there, but bloody good fun trying. And remember, this is just the “practice lap”.

Look out at The Borderline on Jan 20th when Lynne Jackman debuts her post-St Jude solo project, Jackman.
There’s a supporting EP, No Halo featuring the track Wasted which can be heard on Planet Rock.

40 (edited by BansheeUK 2017-10-09 02:45:00)

I'm sure Lynne has a thread to herself somewhere on here but at the moment I'm a bit pushed to unearth it.

Anyway, you may or may not be aware that Lynne has been over at Muscle Shoals working on her full solo debut album. Just had an update via Pledge Music and THAT voice with THOSE horns.... in her own words - "super nasty".

Album is at the mixing stage, release scheduled for late November, so get your pre-orders in.....

Just a reminder of Lynne's voice - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6UAk8BA18w