Re: our own best new guitar gods

Yeah but if it wasn't for Hendrix SRV wouldn't have sounded like he did.

-Jess
Check out my band Beth and The Black Cat Bones http://www.myspace.com/bethandtheblackcatbones
Also my own page for my guitar playing http://www.myspace.com/jesszub

For me..... Joe Bonamassa....naturally
                       and Stephen Stills..........

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

To morrowbj  I think you may be uique in that most metal fans would not have joe and henry garza in that kind of list . I think its great.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

Frank Marino can not be left off of any great guitar players list.

In no particular order. Guthrie Govan, Charlie Hunter, Joe B., Michael Landau, Scott Henderson, Steve Kimock, Shawn Lane, Buckethead, Keller Williams, Brett Garsed, Derek Trucks, Warren Haynes, Paco de Lucia, Eric Johnson, Robben Ford, Johnny A., Elliot Fisk, Leo Kottke, John Fahey, Michael Hedges, Jeff Beck, Satch, Vai and all the widely accepted names ie. Hendrix, SRV, etc... Just thought I would toss out some guys that are highly accomplished and not in the mainstream.

gary wrote:

To morrowbj  I think you may be uique in that most metal fans would not have joe and henry garza in that kind of list . I think its great.

Thanks Gary.  I think a lot of my musical tastes go hand in hand with my love for guitar itself, especially as a player.  So, in that way, I never limit myself to genres...just good playing.

Rock 'N' Roll,
-Ben

though some are older, here are some kick **** guitarists that are quite unknown.
-Carl Verheyen
-Scotty Anderson
- Jimmy Herring
-Scott Henderson

Vette335 wrote:

though some are older, here are some kick **** guitarists that are quite unknown.
-Carl Verheyen
-Scotty Anderson
- Jimmy Herring
-Scott Henderson

Finally got a chance to check out all the guitarists people mentioned. Scotty Anderson is fantastic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfBSIe3SKdE

David Grissom
Audley Freed
Kevin Briet
Dan Tyminski
Chis Whitely

I gotta look these guys up now... am I really THAT behind?!

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

joe bonamassa

to me he is the only real all time great playing today.  there are others i like a lot but really there is quite a steep drop off after him.  warren haynes is good but i really wouldnt call him a new guitar god he has been around a long time now.  same with any of the other ones.  as for zakk wylde i see him as a pretty big waste of talent the man has incredible chops but puts out mediocre album after mediocre album.  mayer is ok, not really my style, and even if he was, it is still a very large drop after joe.  i like slash a lot but havent been impressed with velvet revolver and his newer material.  there are some good players out there that ive heard right now, but joe is the only god i am aware of, though i havent heard many many people i am sure

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fCdNsm7gvu8

If wine and pills were hundred dollar bills
I might keep you satisfied

There are so so sooooo many guitarists I love!

Joe Bonamassa
Dan/Justin Hawkins (of The Darkness)
Gary Moore
Eric Sardinas (mighty lord of the electric dobro!)
Doug Aldrich/Reb Beach (Whitesnake)
Andy Young/Jonny Rocker (Roadstar)
Steve Vai
Joe Satriani
Eric Johnson
John Petrucci (Dream Theater)
Brett Garsed
James Argyle (the new... true acoustic lord, and he's unsigned!! http://www.myspace.com/jamesargylemusic)
Joe Perry/Brad Whitford (Aerosmith)
Paul Mahon (The Answer)
Slash (GNR/Velvet Revolver)
Gus G (Firewind/Dream Evil)
Angus/Malcolm Young (AC/DC)
Mark Tremonti (CREED/Alter Bridge)
Neal Schon (Journey)
Luke Morley/Ben Matthews (THUNDER)
John Norum (EUROPE)
Herman Li/Sam Totman (Dragonforce)
Zakk Wylde (Black Label Society/Ozzy Osbourne)
Gilby Clarke/Izzy Stradlin' (ex-Guns N Roses)
Jimi Hendrix
Joe Walsh
Jimmy Page
Eric Clapton

I <3 Loads and loads of guitarists... every one of them is so unique. Even as a guitarist people tell me I'm unique, which I can live with. Everyone has a slightly different style, that's why it's always hard to pick a favorite player. I guess that's why nobody is ever able to EXACTLY nail someone else's style.

LukeM wrote:

I <3 Loads and loads of guitarists... every one of them is so unique. Even as a guitarist people tell me I'm unique, which I can live with. Everyone has a slightly different style, that's why it's always hard to pick a favorite player. I guess that's why nobody is ever able to EXACTLY nail someone else's style.

less than 3?

Blues ain't nothin' but a good woman gone bad.