Re: Which guitar in Joe's tweet?

jgalvan8804 wrote:

I love how some people put videos up of Sioux Falls but none are with the new guitar... It figures.

We captured at least 3 songs with this guitar, but haven't had time to upload. "Heartaches", "Steal Your Heart Away" and 'The Great Flood".

Now that I know which guitar it is and what songs it is likely to be used on I will try to make sure to tape those songs in particular. We've got 4 more shows in the next week.

"Steal Your Heart Away" from Sioux Falls:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXtRIfRIhqs

Click on 720HD for best viewing.

"The Great Flood":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDEGEwn3 … ideo_title

Well.... It didnt take you all long to figure out the guitar in question... It is indeed a real 1959 Les Paul..  It plays and sounds really great...  It has shut down all guitar collecting for sometime.  But it is the holy grail... There is a reason they cost so much.. I was in denial for a long time.  There is a clarity and midrange to this particular one that is very special.. I am gonna play it and enjoy it.. That what they are made for..
Joe B

Hurrah!!!!!!! I know you'll be up to it Joe! Congratulations! I hope it sticks with you for a long long time!!!!  big_smile

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Well.... It didnt take you all long to figure out the guitar in question... It is indeed a real 1959 Les Paul..  It plays and sounds really great...  It has shut down all guitar collecting for sometime.  But it is the holy grail... There is a reason they cost so much.. I was in denial for a long time.  There is a clarity and midrange to this particular one that is very special.. I am gonna play it and enjoy it.. That what they are made for..
Joe B

Congrats Joe! Looking forward to hearing more from it this week!

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Joe B

nice one joe i will look forward to seeing it in october in the uk (and the bonaburst, which i am an oner of!)
Did you have any other choices or was this the one and only??

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Joe B

Wow  Joe !
Big Time !

Congrats, it's in Good Hands  big_smile

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Joe B

Enjoy my friend and again, Congratulations!

Congratulations, Joe...
this one is in the right hands and now there is a real BonaBurst existing...  big_smile

rock and enjoy...

PIT...  cool

You know thats whats so cool about a second hand guitar they don't make them like they used to.  Best of all is ever nick on that guitar has a story and it being 52 years of age sure does have a lot of story telling left to give.  I hope Joe tells us his nickname for yet another expenisve coke Zero.  We're all living through you Joe, keep blowing us away!

Lee wrote:

"Steal Your Heart Away" from Sioux Falls:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXtRIfRIhqs

Click on 720HD for best viewing.

Killer version of that song.

hey joe, you know how you felt when you got that guitar?

aside from feeling like that every time i pick up my beloved strat. .  . .

that's how i felt getting the epiphone. . . .

thanks again and enjoy your new axe. . . 

mike

Holy Grail indeed!   I'm gonna have goosebumps all day until I can see/hear it tonght!! big_smile  cool

Thank god its not going to be hanging on the wall...

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

It is indeed a real 1959 Les Paul. I am gonna play it and enjoy it.. That what they are made for..
Joe B

I really like this attitude. It makes me really contemplate getting rid of my less expensive "gigging" guitars in favor of only my favorite vintage pieces. I just don't like being paranoid at a gig.  sad

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

You mean you don't bring your attack dog to guard your guitars at gigs?   tongue

Joe, if you're looking for another Les Paul, you should stop by Guitar Gallery when you come to Pittsburgh this month.  I'm sure Vic DaPra could help you track one down  wink