Re: Joe Bonamassa Epiphone Les Paul Registry

There was one hanging on the wall at the Rochester NY Guitar Center yesterday morning if anybody is interested.

Major Tom to ground control...

38 (edited by slogdog 2011-02-25 09:38:32)

Took almost 2 months but I finally got mine!

Owner -Slogdog

Location - USA, Texas

S/N  -      #10101510457

Quality -  Pristine & Flawless

I missed an opportunity to have Joe sign one of his babies last night when Joe was here in El Paso, but honestly, I love to play this guitar too much to make a trophy out of it. It is becoming my favorite guitar. I hope Joe will understand.

New to the forum, nice job on the registry has anyone figured out hoe the numbering works?

SN 10101512952
No date on warranty card
perfect condition
sounds great

Has made it to the land of Black Rock

Perfect condition

Sounded great right out of the case

No warranty card just the Certificate.

41 (edited by Sjmckean 2011-02-27 11:29:10)

Serial nr 10101509405
No date on warranty card
Owner: Shayne McKean (sjmckean)
Condition: Excellent, no issues.
Received: Jan, 2010

I used to own 10101507372, but returned it due to a twisted headstock. Received and returned Dec 2009.

2011 Gibson Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Studio Gold Top, 2010 Epi Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Gold Top, 2010 Epi Les Paul Standard '57 Gold Top, 2010 Epi Les Paul Standard Honey Burst (autographed by Joe Bonamassa), 2006 Epi Les Paul Classic Quilt top, 2004 Eric Clapton Strat, 1989 First wife

Hi folks,
Just got mine today and I was surprised but not in a good way. I ordered it back on jan1 from american musical. My daughter was begging me to ordered it... lol. Anyway when I opened the case the bridge pick up was sitting at a 45 degree angle. If it was not for the strings and the case holding it in place theres no telling what would've happened.
I called AMS and they said since there is no replacements they would have to have me call Gibson customer service.
I left a message. I find epiphones quality control here kind of a joke. I have a wildkat which floored me on the quality and to be honest I really was pissed with this shipment cause it carries Joe's name on it and you would think they would have been more precise. Besides it stuck out like a sore thumb. When I checked it out the adjustment screw for the bottom of the pick up( closet to the pickguard) wasn't eeven screwed into the pick up. Was just laying in there. Also they torqued the pickguard down so tight that they actually chipped the finish under it.
I have a Gibson 60's tribute coming in friday and I pray the QC is better. I'm now trying my best to get this baby right before my daughter comes over this weekend!

Ain't happy till I feel it in me bones!!!  (blues that is!)

BTW I apologize for not leaving the SN 10101508599
Did a quick setup after reinstalling the pickup. Sounds good but my luck is getting worse. After running the back under some good lighting I found finish flaws. With the black back they stand out real good.
Honestly if I was Joe I would be pissed!
#1. Bridge pickup half installed
#2.Pickguard torqued down so tight it left chips in finish.
#3. finish flaws on back. Runs, swirls.
God I feel stupid ordering that 50th anniversary SG now.

Ain't happy till I feel it in me bones!!!  (blues that is!)

Brett Grimm

serial # 10101508435

Dexter, Mi

Got a warranty card but serial # is different

Issues: Tone pot will not turn all the way and scratch by tone pot

moonatic2u wrote:

Hi folks,
Just got mine today and I was surprised but not in a good way. I ordered it back on jan1 from american musical. My daughter was begging me to ordered it... lol. Anyway when I opened the case the bridge pick up was sitting at a 45 degree angle. If it was not for the strings and the case holding it in place theres no telling what would've happened.
I called AMS and they said since there is no replacements they would have to have me call Gibson customer service.
I left a message. I find epiphones quality control here kind of a joke. I have a wildkat which floored me on the quality and to be honest I really was pissed with this shipment cause it carries Joe's name on it and you would think they would have been more precise. Besides it stuck out like a sore thumb. When I checked it out the adjustment screw for the bottom of the pick up( closet to the pickguard) wasn't eeven screwed into the pick up. Was just laying in there. Also they torqued the pickguard down so tight that they actually chipped the finish under it.
I have a Gibson 60's tribute coming in friday and I pray the QC is better. I'm now trying my best to get this baby right before my daughter comes over this weekend!

I'm interested to know how the Tribute sounds.  I played the 59 limited run, and wasn't too impressed.  The Tribute might end up being my next GAS purchase.

Well #4 is here a is Flawless and pristeen. A member on this site has first dibb's on it. I have not plugged it in that will be for the new owner.

Ser. # 10101507828

1st home -Tenn.,USA

Cond.  Flawless

No paperwork other than Joe's Sig. paper

I'm hoping to try for a stuido model,stuido's have always been my favorite's. and will come from MF. After seeing 4 of these things come through,they were packed with the most care.

I am proud to say that I am a new owner of a Epi Lp Bonamassa guitar! Its serial number is 10101508037. It arrived in perfect condition, tuned her up and my breath was taken away. Awesome guitar. Thanks Joe for such a wonderful creation. It is now located in West Allis, WI.

I received my J.B. on2/26/11 .  No issues except a loose bridge pickup knob that I just realized  was a little wobbely   I dont think this is a problem to solve I hope   My S.N is 10101510113    I bought the JB @ Willcutt Guitars in Kentucky on line and had it sent to N.J could not find one here I love this guitar

Two friends of mine in OKC have theirs one ordered online and one from GC. Both rave about them. Darren Turner serial # ??? Curtis Moore # ????

JB Epiphone 10111509828 has found it's home in Georgia.

Owner: Iceman

Serial Number: 10101510561

Received: 16th January 2011

Manufacturing Date: Unknown (Like others in UK, No Warranty Card or Sticker, only Signed COA!)

Quality Issues: Guitar - NONE (It's Puuuuuurfect!!) : My Playing Ability - SERIOUSLY LACKING  wink

Seems it's one of the few to make it across the pond, so far!!!

52 (edited by jddarden 2011-03-13 13:45:15)

Owner: JD Darden
Serial Number: 10101507423
Received: Feb 11
Manufacturing Date: Unknown  (Warranty card date is blank)
Quality Issues: Guitar - NONE

My local shop received two of these. When I went to pick it up, I found the neck was snapped just below the head, so there is one less out there. Unfortunately, I didn't pay attention to the s/n.

JBLP (aged) 293, JBLP STD, JB ES-335, JBLP Studio, JBLP Goldtop Epi, JBLP Inverness Green Epi.

53 (edited by wingman111 2011-03-15 09:25:03)

Anyone know why my JBLP serial number starts 1009 and all the others start 1010? I've been watching all the numbers and not another one is like mine.cheers

I haven't a clue, Wingman, but thanks for pointing out that I've put your serial number in the wrong order. I'll fix later.  hmm

Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56