55 (edited by Spider 2011-05-06 14:42:03)

Re: New "affordable" Gibson Bonamassa LP?

Just found out there may be a short (actually there is) delay in getting the JB Studios out to the stores & to the customers. There were problems with the first batch. Please beware and please use due diligence before buying a early issue JBLP Studio from anyone other than a Authorized Gibson Dealership.

I have no interest in the Gibson Co., any dealership, or any seller from fleabay. I'm just passing along info as I received it from a reliable source.

Edit: If you want to know more, I'm sorry but I was just called sworn to secrecy. Guess someone saw my post?

It's cool Spider, though I find it hard to understand why Gibson seems to be being so secretive about these guitars. Marketing ploy to increase desirability? I don't think that's really necessary.

I almost bought a Studio once, but ended up with an ES339 instead. Glad I did. I love that guitar.

Anyway, they will get here when they get here.   cool

Nothin' but the Blues

Interestingly there are pictures online now from some of the European dealers and showing an expected arrival date from at least one of September.

The pictures do show the JB signature trus bar cover like the unit on fleabay and I still like it!

At least if they have the case like the one on EBay, they likely won't be suffering from the broken headstock syndrome like some of the Epi Signatures. Poor case design on that one with no support at the headstock area. Hopefully those of you still waiting for yours to arrive get good ones. Fingers crossed.

Now where are those Studios????  lol

Nothin' but the Blues

Just got word from a dealer... $1,429 shipped, expected late may early June. So I wouldn't pay $200 more for a non warrantied one on eBay.

See the new thread about the Studio. Sam Ash and Musician's Friend are showing it now.

Nothin' but the Blues

lvbluesboy wrote:

See the new thread about the Studio. Sam Ash and Musician's Friend are showing it now.

I guess I should have waited a few days.  I bought it from Bruce on EBay.  I didn't expect SA or MF to carry it since there was no info on it anywhere except European retailers.  Oh well, thanks anyway Bruce.  I'll be one of the first to have it.  I'll post pics and an appraisal once I get it.

2011 Gibson Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Studio Gold Top, 2010 Epi Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Gold Top, 2010 Epi Les Paul Standard '57 Gold Top, 2010 Epi Les Paul Standard Honey Burst (autographed by Joe Bonamassa), 2006 Epi Les Paul Classic Quilt top, 2004 Eric Clapton Strat, 1989 First wife

Shipping, handling, agents, VAT, exchange rates. Try buying Brit stuff in the USA, Marmite us a shocking price wink

sted wrote:

£1,200.00 over here sot thats what? nearly $2000?

Just too much for a studio, we get raped in the UK on this stuff, It does my head in, there must be hundreds of gibsons coming in every week, why are they so much dearer?  hmm

Sjmckean wrote:
lvbluesboy wrote:

I guess I should have waited a few days.  I bought it from Bruce on EBay.  I didn't expect SA or MF to carry it since there was no info on it anywhere except European retailers.  Oh well, thanks anyway Bruce.  I'll be one of the first to have it.  I'll post pics and an appraisal once I get it.

Hope it's what.. well never mind. enjoy what you got.

The New JB Studios are shipping....Maybe Monday.....just got an email...:)

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Arrived on Monday has some finish problems...sending back for another one.....so much for quality control !!!

0 for 2....Another badly finished one....Quality control needs glasses!

You have to keep the Gold flake paint mixed.& stirred well.....do I need to go down there and paint some guitars for them?

Ordered one from Wildwood should be here before the weekend.....:)

66 (edited by airportdon 2011-06-21 07:59:19)

Sorry for the big delay.....
Right now I have to wait a bit for another Studio.....
The old garage where I keep my Mustangs  & RX7 the whole roof collasped on Saturday.......
Man what a bummer.......my head is so messed up w/this....

airportdon wrote:

Sorry for the big delay.....
Right now I have to wait a bit for another Studio.....
The old garage where I keep my Mustangs  & RX7 the whole roof collasped on Saturday.......
Man what a bummer.......my head is so messed up w/this....

No good ,sorry to hear that. Head up man,greater things are in store.

sounds like you need some of Joe's old guitar string jewelry for a good luck charm.

REDEYE9BAND wrote:

sounds like you need some of Joe's old guitar string jewelry for a good luck charm.

Thx, maybe I should look into something like that...

The damage is bad but could have been a lot worse and nobody got hurt ........

Great to see the JP Studio featured on Guitar Center's home page as a top seller! Looks like they have them in stock, and you can get one for 15% off right now with the July 4th discount. Great deal! If I didn't already have my Epi...