Re: New "affordable" Gibson Bonamassa LP?

My dealer has one on order for me and it's expected to be here in May. No exact date.

JD

JBLP (aged) 293, JBLP STD, JB ES-335, JBLP Studio, JBLP Goldtop Epi, JBLP Inverness Green Epi.

There is great ways to cut cost and still have a great sounding guitar.  Look at some of those old touring Gibson models from the 60's with one P90 and super plain tops with no binding.  As long as this guitar has a straight neck and they ditch Gibson's crappy electronics for the real stuff, then this guitar would be great player.

Expected in may here in the US or over in England? I thought expected delivery was april here in the US?

GuitarPlaynTaylor wrote:

Expected in may here in the US or over in England? I thought expected delivery was april here in the US?

It may be in some cases, that's just when I was told to expect mine. (and that's in Charleston, SC)

JBLP (aged) 293, JBLP STD, JB ES-335, JBLP Studio, JBLP Goldtop Epi, JBLP Inverness Green Epi.

jddarden wrote:
GuitarPlaynTaylor wrote:

It may be in some cases, that's just when I was told to expect mine. (and that's in Charleston, SC)

Anyone heard any updates on when these will be out ????

End of May in the US

Mmmm.... There here NOW!!!

Let the crazyness begin!!!!  roll

The craziness has started today...
There is a brand spanking new Gibson Joe Goldtop Studio on Ebay....!!!

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

airportdon wrote:

The craziness has started today...
There is a brand spanking new Gibson Joe Goldtop Studio on Ebay....!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/2011-Gibson-USA-Joe … 720wt_1261

£1,200.00 over here sot thats what? nearly $2000?

Just too much for a studio, we get raped in the UK on this stuff, It does my head in, there must be hundreds of gibsons coming in every week, why are they so much dearer?  hmm

Obviously this guy on fleabay just bought it to sell it. I wonder why he is calling it used? It does look real though.

Nothing on Gibson's site about these yet.  hmm

Nothin' but the Blues

48 (edited by dave_5150 2011-05-05 18:10:08)

Isn't the truss rod cover  in keeping with previous Bonamassa signature guitars on these then ??

The trus rod covers on the previous signature models say "Bonamassa". This is his signature. I like.

It would be nice to hear from Wildwood soon........ big_smile  Now if there are only some candy apple blue ones.....  tongue

Nothin' but the Blues

The guitar is real. Got it from Dave's guitar in Wisconsin. I will be taking some better photos of it tomorrow or Saturday. As for it being listed as used. I am not a Gibson dealer so it can't be sold as NEW from me.

sted wrote:

£1,200.00 over here sot thats what? nearly $2000?

Just too much for a studio, we get raped in the UK on this stuff, It does my head in, there must be hundreds of gibsons coming in every week, why are they so much dearer?  hmm

Heh heh - According to the local Gibson distributor here, the JBLP Studio is going to be selling for around AUD$2500 when/if it gets released here.  That is around USD$2700 or so.  Talk about gouged!

It is all to do with the distributors.  If there is only one (as is in Oz), then they can charge pretty much what they want.  sad

JBLP Gold Top #129 - redubbed "#1 in Oz"

bruce919a wrote:

The guitar is real. Got it from Dave's guitar in Wisconsin. I will be taking some better photos of it tomorrow or Saturday. As for it being listed as used. I am not a Gibson dealer so it can't be sold as NEW from me.

Can I ask why ya'll are selling it ?

Jerrdogg wrote:

Can I ask why ya'll are selling it ?

Because he bought it to flip.

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

lvbluesboy wrote:

The trus rod covers on the previous signature models say "Bonamassa". This is his signature. I like.

It would be nice to hear from Wildwood soon........ big_smile  Now if there are only some candy apple blue ones.....  tongue

Not sure about that truss rod cover at all ..I much prefer the older design ..but it might grow on me ..either way I'll be getting mine once they finally make it to the UK (last ETA was Aug / Sep !)

Would be very interested in a candy apple blue one too.