Re: New "affordable" Gibson Bonamassa LP?

has anyone seen a picture of the new JB LP studio ???

Hey Guys,
          I have the only one out here with me on the road... I have been beta testing it.. I will say, it doesnt feel like a studio.  It doesnt have binding but it feels similar to the original Gary Moore models with the JB profile neck.  Anywho.. Its a good guitar.. Still tweaking it.  Again its important for me to keep the price down on these things without compromising the quality and feel of the CS original models.  The Epi- turned into a grab bag and none ever appeared in stores.  In one way that it great... sold a 1000 guitars in a day... on the other hand it wasnt what I hoped would happen.  I want a kid to walk in a guitar shop and just dig if for what it is.. a good Les Paul.. Thats the point behind the new run of guitars..
Joe B

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

The Epi- turned into a grab bag and none ever appeared in stores.  In one way that it great... sold a 1000 guitars in a day... on the other hand it wasnt what I hoped would happen.  I want a kid to walk in a guitar shop and just dig if for what it is.. a good Les Paul.. Thats the point behind the new run of guitars..
Joe B

Fret not.  I have a feeling this is not going to be the last Epi JB model.  Can't wait for chapter 2!

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

How bout an Epi Bonaburst?   big_smile

$1700.00 affordable ? Pass. Knowing Gibson, its probably equal to a $800.00 guitar from any other manufacturer.

24 (edited by AJS19 2011-02-25 01:08:32)

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

The Epi- turned into a grab bag and none ever appeared in stores.  In one way that it great... sold a 1000 guitars in a day... on the other hand it wasnt what I hoped would happen.  I want a kid to walk in a guitar shop and just dig if for what it is.. a good Les Paul.. Thats the point behind the new run of guitars..
Joe B

I really wish I would have gotten one. It stinks that I had to foot a nasty tuition bill and didn't have the cash. sad

Chuck B wrote:

How bout an Epi Bonaburst?   big_smile

I agree!

Please, call me Austin.
My Gear List

But Joe, I thought it was limited to 600 pieces worldwide, so it won't appear in stores either?
Wasn't the epiphone run 1000 pieces?

With these Epi guitars selling so fast, the high demand bringing people to price gouge on fleabay, is a testament to Joe's popularity. I doubt the studios will hang on any music shops wall waiting for a buyer. If the Bonabursts were a lower priced they would be sold out too!

I'm not sure if I'd want to order one "blind" without playing it first.... the same reason I've never ordered a Gigliotti!
Hopefully, I'll get to try one out before I'd order one.

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Aaaaand....once again, we here in Australia totally miss out.

i've tried contacting several dealers, that they all say that either (a) they cannot ship outside the US and (b) there is no known allocation for dealers in Australia.  mad

So like the original LP Gold Top, the Bonaburts, the Epi LPs and now the Studio LPs - we have absolutely ZERO chance of getting one new here in this country.  roll

I might have better luck asking Joe to bring one out with him during his tour in May and I give him hard cash for it after the show...  hmm

JBLP Gold Top #129 - redubbed "#1 in Oz"

Spider wrote:

With these Epi guitars selling so fast, the high demand bringing people to price gouge on fleabay, is a testament to Joe's popularity. I doubt the studios will hang on any music shops wall waiting for a buyer. If the Bonabursts were a lower priced they would be sold out too!

Agreed!  It's interesting, it seems as if a lot of the publicity shots these days are of the BonaBurst.  You'd think more of those would have moved off the "shelves".  If that had been a $2600 guitar, I may have kept mine  lol

30 (edited by Rocket 2011-02-27 00:20:07)

Devan wrote:

Aaaaand....once again, we here in Australia totally miss out.

i've tried contacting several dealers, that they all say that either (a) they cannot ship outside the US and (b) there is no known allocation for dealers in Australia.  mad

So like the original LP Gold Top, the Bonaburts, the Epi LPs and now the Studio LPs - we have absolutely ZERO chance of getting one new here in this country.  roll

I might have better luck asking Joe to bring one out with him during his tour in May and I give him hard cash for it after the show...  hmm

Devan, I can feel for you, but only a little.  It really is a reflection of the supply and demand and (no fault of yours if born or moved there by parents) simple geography.  I truly doubt Joe would go so far, but, hey....maybe they could pack one up for you if you paid upfront in some negotiation??? They DO have to move some gear to tour there in May, no?!  hmm IF, and I do mean a BIG IF, there were a demand beyond minuscule for such a huge place, someone ( roll or neutral ) might consider starting a fourth party logistics enterprise, wherein a LLC takes on getting these and similar products to Oz?!
Just a thought... smile
Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Spider wrote:

I completely agree on the price gouging Spider, fleas zing taking place on MUCH of Joe associated things, from ticket price gouging to outrageous fleabay prices for simplistic pick guards signed and place on cheap guitars (how long have we seen those things?) to picks plucked from the Jim Dunlop nice Joe Bonamassa pick tins with a possible (probable) pretense (at least totally unverifiable, and likely pretend) story of it being "Joe's" from a show to just printing his name on something not remotely associated in reality with him just to attract attention and maybe (say uh huh) try to dupe the curious and excitable innocents just wanting to come to our party the Bonamassa World....
I also wonder if the economics are driving the "affordable" line because the market couldn't bear the Signature flood(?) on the heels of the Signature Goldtops? Regardless, I am as confident as you the kids and us will be all over these Studios and nary a store will have to dust one off even once.  A good thing!  big_smile  More playing by more players.
The other, lazy persons seedily, greedily, coat-tailing onto Joe's ever increasing fame and popularity stuff, BAH!!!  mad We're not gonna take it!

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

So, those of you who have talked to WildWood. How about some info on the guitar? Color etc......

Anybody? Is the price really $1700? Seems high for a Studio....or is that just me.  roll

Nothin' but the Blues

$1,429  big_smile

Hey Joe!

How's about talking Gibson into making part of the Studio's in Candy Apple Blue?

I'd be all over that. big_smile

Nothin' but the Blues

has anybody heard when these will be out or ha seen a picture ?

My dealer rang yesterday to advise they were now expecting UK delivery to be deferred to Q3 (Aug-Sep) ..hope it's worth the wait ..in terms of looks I'm expecting a gold studio (no no body or neck binding) with grovers, black sides, back & plastics + mismatched amber/gold knobs and probably a Bonamassa truss rod cover but not seen any pics yet.