Re: JB signature Fuzz Face Release Date

The Mad Ape is showing it as "Coming Soon" at $99.00 here:  http://www.themadape.com/Dunlop_JBF3_Jo … p/jbf3.htm

A newer, most realistic pic can be seen here:

http://www.jimdunlop.com/blog/wp-conten … 1/jbf3.jpg

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

For those of you who, like me, want to buy one of these sight unseen (or rather unheard) I've been hunting for one and here's what I've found out so far.

Called my local Guitar Center, they could not pre-order
Called Dunlop, the woman on the phone (very nice lady) indicated the following.
   The pedal will not be available for 4-8 weeks
   I could pre-order directly from Dunlop but would pay MSRP: $339
   The Joe Bonamassa Site, GC, and Musicians Friend will carry the JBF3
   The Bonamassa site will have it first, followed by GC
   With the part number (JBF3) GC and MF should be able to do a "special order"
Called MF and filed a special order supprt ticket to order a JBF3
   They blew me off, said in essence, "we don't carry it"
Called GC, and now have a special order ticket with them
   The person on the phone seemed to genuinely want to help.
   He indicated that they would contact Dunlop, get a price, generate a quote, submit that quote to me, and that i would be able to pre-oreder at that point. All this would occur in email

Bear in mind that this is all parroted information, it may not in any way based in fact.

We'll see what happens

I wonder why the inconsistancies...I saw my order at Guitar Center and mjy sales person was told it would be shipped around the 2nd week of Feb.  I paid $199

Bonaburst #18, JB Epi #191, MusicMan Darklord, LP Cherryburst Traditional Plus, Gigliotti GT, Takamine, Takamine 12 string, Martin D-28 & GPCPA1, Fender Amer STD Strat, Fender Custom Shop Gold Metalflake, Custom "OSU" Wagner Tele, Gibson SG Limited Govt Model, Jim Kelly Combo

Coach305 wrote:

The Mad Ape is showing it as "Coming Soon" at $99.00 here:  http://www.themadape.com/Dunlop_JBF3_Jo … p/jbf3.htm

A newer, most realistic pic can be seen here:

http://www.jimdunlop.com/blog/wp-conten … 1/jbf3.jpg

Wish we could preorder it for $99

Gibson Collectors Choice #6
Joe Bonamassa Custom Shop Goldtop Unaged 1st run
Alvarez Acoustic '95
Gibson Skylark GA5-T '65, Marshall JTM45 Reissue, Fender Princton Reverb '72, Modded Bugera V5, Fender Bandmaster '68, Marshall Silver Jubilee 2558

As i have continued to pursue getting one of these pre-ordered i have not had much luck with GC. I have a ticket open with them but do not seem to be able to get a quote or order in place and when i call to follow up it's like i'm starting over again every time.

However, i received a call from Sweetwater out of the blue (the anything we can do for you, we work on commission, call) and so asked them if they would be be carrying or could pre-order a JBF3 for me. The person i spoke to, Chad, called me back within 2 hours and indicated that the item was is their internal system, that it is not published on the site yet, that he could put in a pre-order for me, and that the price would be $199.

Now as i said, when i called Dunlop they did not mention Sweetwater, and Dunlop indicated that the JB site, MF and GC would have it first so i'm not sure how this will play out. But regardless i now have an order in with Sweetwater, i have an order number to reference, and they are saying that the item is slated to ship around mid February... which to me translates to late February, early March

And so, if you want to go down the Sweetwater road to pre-order one of these, call Chad at Sweetwater. 800-222-4700  ext 1245

To be honest I am mildly concerned that i will be in a spot where I'm waiting for Sweetwater to ship while i could be ordering directly off the JB or GC site. Or that Sweetwater  is just stroking me to tie up my order and that i could be shooting myself in the foot. But this is completely me having no experience pre-ordering from them and just basically being paranoid.

I'll post when the Fuzz Face ships

Is this a limited run?  Why the general impatience?

Amp: Firebird Musical Amplifiers
Guitars:62 LP SG , 02 FB VII, JB FB I, 76 Electra Omega, 64 Firebird V, 73 LPC, 61 Custom Tele, 59 and 60 Melody Maker
Effects: Mythos Chupacabra, Strymon Deco/Flint

For me... mostly just OCD.

Though i did read an article that Dunlop would do an initial run of either 250 or 1000 depending on the level of interest.

IMO, Joe's website should have pre-order before anyone else... or a sponsored site like MF or GC where it's available to JB fans to preorder with a promo code or something.

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Hey Guys,
       Here is the scoop, there will be plenty around in about a week or so... The first batch of 250 are being made right now.. I just received my first one via Jeorge Tripps in the box yesterday.  It looks great honestly.. I am very proud.  Now just so I can say I warned you.. A fuzzface is not a mellow subtle overdrive.  Its a massive explosion of compression and fuzz.  So if you want to hear the Sloe Gin Solo tone come out of it.. It wont do that.  A great example of me using it in the studio is the end solo of Too Late for the Sun on the Black Country Communion record or at the Dazed and Confused bits on the Live at the Royal Albert Hall. 
Thanks I hope you really enjoy them!!!  Im so proud of my Fuzz-pennies..
Joe B

very quick demo here.  bit disappointing in terms of quality, but the first non JB tones out of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRql8MrW … ture=feedu

Amp: Firebird Musical Amplifiers
Guitars:62 LP SG , 02 FB VII, JB FB I, 76 Electra Omega, 64 Firebird V, 73 LPC, 61 Custom Tele, 59 and 60 Melody Maker
Effects: Mythos Chupacabra, Strymon Deco/Flint

Wish we could preorder it for $99

Indeed.  Mad Ape is still showing it arriving Real Soon Now (and isn't accepting orders, AFAIK), but shows the price as of today as $199.    sad

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

(bump)

Could someone from J&R chime in here to let us know when this will be available from the JB store (if that info is available)?

Thx, Tom

Major Tom to ground control...

RICjunkie wrote:

(bump)

Could someone from J&R chime in here to let us know when this will be available from the JB store (if that info is available)?

Thx, Tom

Yes I totally agree... Can we have some sort of direction on purchasing one ?

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Hey guys,
       I kinda know the scoop.. They are making the first batch of 250 units right now.. They should be done within the next `14 days I would guess.. these things are pretty involved for a simple pedal.. The Copper plating process  takes time to make sure its not gonna crack or flake.. I m happy they are taking the time to do so.. I want you all happy with your $200 pennies..
Joe B.

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Hey guys,
       I kinda know the scoop.. They are making the first batch of 250 units right now.. They should be done within the next `14 days I would guess.. these things are pretty involved for a simple pedal.. The Copper plating process  takes time to make sure its not gonna crack or flake.. I m happy they are taking the time to do so.. I want you all happy with your $200 pennies..
Joe B.

Thx Joe...Makes more sense now why none of the dealers can't get me one....hopefully by the end of February.

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Will make a nice gift. For me.

Rock On, Keep the Faith, & Step On Joe's Fuzzy Face,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Here's the latest on my personal experience chasing one of these down.

Guitar Center finally got back to me,

We would be able to special order the Dunlop JBF3 Joe Bonamassa Fuzz Face. The price would be $239.99 with an ETA of 8-12 weeks.

Sweetwater now has the JBF3 on their site and you can request to be emailed when they are in stock.

Looking forward to hearing how the pedal interacts with my amps and guitars, hope they start to ship soon.

That's odd....I ordered mine from GC in Toledo Ohio for $199...I wonder why the price difference

Bonaburst #18, JB Epi #191, MusicMan Darklord, LP Cherryburst Traditional Plus, Gigliotti GT, Takamine, Takamine 12 string, Martin D-28 & GPCPA1, Fender Amer STD Strat, Fender Custom Shop Gold Metalflake, Custom "OSU" Wagner Tele, Gibson SG Limited Govt Model, Jim Kelly Combo