Re: Favorite piece of gear you bought in 2010?

My new favorite piece of gear is my HW AC15.  Amazing amp. 

I'd say that my Bruno Underground 30 Combo is the best but its getting sold hopefully in the same year I bought it so i dont think it counts.

Wow. I've bought and sold so much gear this year it's kind of ridiculous. I've probably had three or four amps that I bought and returned within 30 days (thank you Guitar Center). However, the best piece of gear I bought this year was my Custom Telecaster that I had built for me by a luthier here in Connecticut. Technically I bought half of it (the down payment) in later '09, but it wasn't ready until February. She's a real beauty - swamp ash body, hard rock maple neck, rosewood board. She's also got a set of coil tapped Fralin Unbuckers and a Les Paul style toggle switch. The coup de gras though is the custom graphics. I have a tattoo on my arm commemorating the birth of my daughter and something very similar to that, including her name and birthdate, now exists behind the bridge of my Tele. I call the guitar the "Rosecaster," as my little girl's middle name is Rose. Yup, that's the best piece of gear I've bought in any year.

"Another song, another mile." - The Black Crowes

I don't buy alot of gear as a rule. For the most part I play one acoustic guitar when the mood strikes (it's all I need).
I do play bass in a band, we play out in bars every 4 weeks or so and generally have a great time.
So at any rate my favorite piece of gear that I aquired this year is without question a Nash '63 Jazz Bass.
It is the finest instrument I own.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS,
fuzzy

Rock On and Keep the Faith

Jack Loves Patty Loves Joe

$75.00 for that old Peavey Artist 240 (Tube output)-Combo amp with original Black Widow speaker in it....only thing it's a bit heavy to carry about.

Hope everyone out there has a great Christmas and hopefully 2011 be a bit better too...

Peace on Earth

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

I just picked up one more piece of gear to add to the list below and it is awesome - the Xotic EP Booster. What it does for the clean channel of my DSL is atounding. It really fattens and tightens everything up and adds a touch sensitive sparkle. Best pedal aquistion ($90 CDN) of the year BY FAR.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Kevin

kevman13 wrote:

Great post! I would have to go with:

1. '03 R7 Goldtop

2. "Re-aquiring" my baby (Silver Series Marshall DSL100)

3. Fender Blues Jr III

Gits: '03 Gibson Historic R7 Goldtop, '06 Gibson R8 Plaintop, MIJ '62 RI Strat,  and others...
Amps: '99 Marshall 1987x Plexi RI, 1969 Fender Super Reverb

My band: www.meanbones.com

I found a mint-condition Ibanez Artcore AS73 (335 clone) on Craigslist for $200.   For a Korean-made guitar, it is really nice and the tone is beautiful.  Only upgrade I'm thinking of is tuners....other than that, it's great and for 50 cents on the dollar for new, you can't beat it.  I can't upload pics but it's a tobacco sunburst.

CarljMD

Takers get the honey, givers sing the blues

marshall guvnor, lovely boost

Peavey HP Signature Blues EX. Surprisingly cool tone in a very light and comfortable guitar. Probably not real popular in general, but beyond awesome for me.

Has to be my beloved Marshall Class 5! Blooooomin' Gorgeous amp, get along with it swimmingly and what a buy it was  big_smile All I can say is cheers to Joe for 'putting it out there' for me to realise it, and once I had a go on one, there was no turning back! Always ABY it smile Either in stereo (one clean, one gainy or both highly driven with different mid levels) with my DSL or on its own... It RULES!!!!  lol

Hope all the gear lovers get something luuuuuussshh for Christmas tomorrow!  smile

Rus

Jamming with Joe and Bernie Marsden:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18zqg3brNH8

My favorite is my Mesa Boogie Trans Atlantic TA-15.  Lots of great tones from this little monster.

a used Carvin DC 145....my first carvin and it sounds great.....plays like butter.

Marshall 2266

#275 JB LP

For me it's my Alex's attenuator! Has enabled me to crank my Metroamp plexi clone even in the smallest bar without killing anyone. Now I got tone for days because I have the power tubes cooking. Best purchase ever for 300$!!!!  big_smile

I'd have to say my Ceriatone 2555 and a 212 Univox cab that looks to be from the late 60's

"The way I like to look at it is....if that's the last time I ever got to play, I'd better give it everything I've got." -SRV

TubeSaturation wrote:

I'd have to say my Ceriatone 2555 and a 212 Univox cab that looks to be from the late 60's

TubeSat:  Whereabouts in PA are you?  I've been dying to try one of the Ceriatones live and in person, and I live in MD about 20 mins south of Gettysburg., though I'd be even more interested in one of the D clones.

If you're within a reasonable drive and are willing to let me come test-drive yours, I can bring along my '67 Bassman with the PPIMV and half-tweed bass channel mods for you to jam on, it's a fun little amp.

CarljMD

Takers get the honey, givers sing the blues

White 1998 Gibson Les Paul Custom, Wampler Ecstasy pedal, and  a Marshall JCM 900 Hi Gain Dual Master Volume Mk III 50 Watt head.

my Egnater "Tweaker" and the Epiphone JB Goldtop that is still in Santa's brown truck....along with an Epi LP Standard and an Epi 56' Goldtop..  I've got enough tele and strats...later.

cowboy

Tough one-

Guits-
My JBLP

FX
My SIB Echodrive or my Cornish P1.

"Who wants an orange whip? Orange whip? Orange whip? Three orange whips...."

JB LP Goldtop No. 290- Aged...rather like me.